Windsor Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Fast paced yet extremely rewarding place of employment.
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Windsor ON12 October 2017
Working at Met was my first job as an RN. It was an extremely rewarding job as I enjoyed working with oncology patients and their families. I have learned life long skills at this place of employment that I will carry throughout my entire nursing career.
Pros
Rewarding
productive and friendly with jim
Clinical Experience (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 October 2017
I wa sin WRH as a clinical student. The work environment was friendly and my clinical instructors were very co-operative. I had hands on training in microbiology, chemistry, hematology, blood banking and histology. I was also trained in phlebotomy.
Pros
friendly environment
Good place to volunteer
Cashier for gift shop (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 September 2017
I volunteered here at the gift shop and it's a good place. Volunteer coordinators are nice and friendly people. I would highly recommend other people to volunteer.
Volunteer at the cataract clinic
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 August 2017
I have been an active member of the Windsor regional Hospital community since I was 16. I find that it is a great opportunity to give back to the community. the staff members are kind and always willing to help
Poor management
Educator (Former Employee) –  Hotel Dieu26 July 2017
Very unprofessional people at Hotel Dieu. Unmotivated to learn. Unsupported by management. Poor communication. Compared to several other hospitals I can not understand the mentality there.
Pros
Pay but because it is unionized not much choice.
Cons
Unhappy coworkers. No job satisfaction. No atonomy.
Productive workplace
Housekeeping and Materials Management departments (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 June 2017
Typical day workload depended on the day
Learned about HAIs and their importance
Management was OK overall
Workplace culture was very "clicky"
Enjoyed helping patients and meeting new people
Stressful, under-staffed work place
Registered Nurse - Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 June 2017
Can be stressful in a ICU environment, great supportive staff though.
Need an increase in number of staff members to better support the sick patient population we are caring for.
A productive and very nice work place
Pharmacist Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 April 2017
Working at Windsor Regional hospital was great.
A typical day at the pharmacy was counting pills and filling prescriptions. I have learned a lot from the people I worked with and they were absolutely the best teachers.
I loved that I got to be independent and the they trusted me. There was not anything hard about this job, just simply had to pay attention to detail.
Its amazing
Volunteer Service in Windsor Regional Hospital (Former Employee) –  Ouellette, ON21 October 2016
It is a volunteer job . I learn a lot of things from here. I ma appointed at help desk. It enhances my communication skills and more confident about my job.
Pros
$6/ day for lunch
Working with people
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 August 2016
Helping customers, cleaning, organizing, cashing out customers, bagging, stocking, need technology knowledge, gain experience and knowledge, strict uniform policy, no cellphones, great time to read or draw, lots of free time, free meal cards cost varying how many hours you work.
Performed care for the patients on the floor. It was nice way to integrate the skills, whether therapeutic or physiological, holistically.
Nursing Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 June 2016
At the Windsor Regional Hospital, I was given a variety of patients with different diagnoses and different backgrounds. Even if I had two patients with the same diagnosis, the two patients themselves would have different stories and different backgrounds. I learned from each patient and they had made me a better student, and I know that I will keep what I had learned from them and constantly remind myself that the learning never ends.

At the WRH I learned how to manage my time, with documentation, contact the interdisciplinary team, do morning rounds, delegate tasks if needed, ask for help, and advocate for my patients.

My co-workers were always willing to lend a hand, and knew that I would be willing to give one as well, as they trusted me with responsibilities and asked for information regarding patients when the shift changed.

The hardest part of my job was having a full schedule then coming home to study for an exam and doing some assignments. The most enjoyable part of the job was being apart of the patient's recovery journey.
Pros
The staff was super approachable and helpful.
Cons
Coming home to study after a long day of work.
blah
Material Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 May 2016
one two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven twelve thirteen fourteen fifteen sixteen seventeen eighteen nineteen twenty
Busy, fast paced challenging atmosphere
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 May 2016
My typical day at work starts with early morning case reviews to examine the care delivered and look for opportunities for quality improvement. The quality improvement initiatives are shared with the families and patients. I am involved in conflict resolution and discharge planning for complicated discharge patient and family issues. I advocate for patient rights with staff physicians and nurses and assist the patient in navigating our health care system.
The most difficult part of this role is the volume of complaints. You have to learn to deal with the issues and not take it personally.
The most enjoyable is the team I work with and seeing positive changes to our health care system come from a negative patient experience.
Enjoyable workplace and cooperative staff
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  1030, Ouellette Ave.28 April 2016
A couple of things I learned at Windsor Regional Hospital are how to take care of patients, administrative assistance, and how to work as a cashier. By doing this type of work, I was able to gain communication, organizational, and time management skills.
Pros
Adjustable working hours
Enjoyable and gratifying job for myself
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 April 2016
I found that we were always overwhelmed with work that was not in our scope such as transporting patients for tests on off shifts!
We always felt overwhelmed, sometimes due to staff shortages
The staff was fantastic
Management non existent
I thoroughly enjoyed my job and was extremely sad that I had to leave
stressfull
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 January 2016
did not feel valued. learned a lot of basic nursing skills. Good management, good coworkers, watching people pass away.
great place with excellent benefits - but watch your back
Medicine program (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 January 2016
they tend not to keep admin people past the age of 50 - just a word to the wise; quite a bit of nepotism occurs here - be sure to take all your breaks and lunches as you will not be given "extra credit" for skipping them
Great place to work for financial stability
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 September 2015
Great place to work . Everyone works together to make it a safe and comfortable place for patients when sick. Great management and awesome co-workers. its rewarding when you know you have helped a patient and or family members through their difficult time.
Lots of experience gained and great working environment
Housekeeper and Unit Aide (Current Employee) –  Windsor17 September 2015
In a typical day of being on a patient floor I will clean up to 14 rooms in the day shift. This means cleaning common touch points, bathroom, and taking out the garbage. When there are discharges the pace increases and I have to get all my work done as well. I my coworkers were great when my floor gets overwhelmed. We helped each other out to maintain a good working environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with patients and making them smile with a small conversation.
caring and supportive co-workers
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor Regional Hospital24 August 2015
Great satisfaction caring for people. Co-workers very good team players. Not enough support from management staff. Many times extremely busy and short staffed.
Overall a good place to work if you are a team player. Salary good.
Pros
location/position
Cons
no job security