WINDSOR PLYWOOD

WINDSOR PLYWOOD Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great first job
Forklift Operator/Labourer (Former Employee), Airdrie, AlbertaMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Close to home
Cons: Low pay, worked my entire high school summers.
Learnt the importance of making a dollar. Had great management at the Airdrie location. First day got on forklift and my training was "practice on some pallets" and after that for the next three years I only had one error where I spilt a couple sheets of plywood. Next week we got a photo from Head Office where someone dropped and entire 50 layer bundle which went all over the yard. There were four people including myself that worked there so I was responsible for every aspect in the operation. Helped out in the shop, completed sales, operator, cleaning, inventory count and everything else that would happen at a warehouse.
This place is really great!
Assisstant Shipping/ Receiving manager/ sales (Former Employee), winnipegMarch 9, 2015
Pros: staff/ management/ work environment
Cons: evenings and weekends
great working environment, the staff and management are just awesome people who all respect one another and are always willing to make sure the customer is taken care of.
dependable excellent quality local grown community business!
Best job I've had so far
Sales & Yard Organizer (Current Employee), North Vancouver, BCNovember 2, 2014
Cons: could pay more.
wonderful well rounded job based on labor and costumer service.
Delivery experience and Forklift experience. Work with table, rotary and chop saw. Co-workers and very nice.
Pretty good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), West St Paul, MBAugust 5, 2014
Pros: privately owner by a great guy
Cons: not enough customers at times.
I would arrive at work and help set up the mixing machines and computers, with another person. I would learn paint combo's every day. Management here was very good. My co-workers were great to work with. The hardest part of the job was going home at night. The most enjoyable part of the job was going to work in the morning.
it was a good place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Penticton, BCMay 20, 2014
Pros: the various jobd
Cons: low pay
the company is a good company to work for but I was looking for more
its a great job and a fun place to be working
shiping ,also packaging (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 5, 2014
Pros: somtimes whey`ll buy and serve mac donalds at work free coffee and popcorn
Cons: theirs always overtime great pay
- Every day of work is 9hrs long starts off with coffee and ends with popcorn

- How to work a walki tolki and make french doors.
- Management is very nice and dose the job right
- The coworkers were great to work with and fun to sosholize with.
- The hardest part of the day was to remember were everything is located.
- Coffee break and wood work was my most enjoyable part of the day.
Staff highly abusive and Boss is okay with that.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: pay check
Cons: everything else!
This company allows you to make a great wage, however you have to work 12-14 hours everyday, be screamed at and insulted for every mistake you make, and don't expect to be properly trained either.
I love thinking outside the box ,working for owners stores , gave me fredom to explore al that vendors have to offer
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCDecember 9, 2012
Pros: regular schedule
Cons: short staffed
Greeting old and new customers ,cleaning, stocking ,ordering and learning new products . Ckecking prices costs/margins sales stats daily,monthly . making the workplace as enjoysble as possilbe helping those who need it and taling advice when needed. the hardest part is not having the right people or having good people leave. I love the challenge of competing with larger chains and winning the customers loyalitys.
Very un-organized workplace
Primary Receiver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 28, 2012
Pros: lots to learn
Cons: not a steady shift
A typical day at work was going to the back and unloading what had been delivered and get product ready to be delivered. And sometimes deliver them. I learned more about the density of wood, and what types of wood were usually used, why they were used, what made them good/bad. As well as wood substitutes, such as MDF(medium density fibreboard) or MDO(medium density overlay), my co-workers were easy to get a long with, never had any issues. The most challenging part of the job was probably driving the fork lift truck without being trained or actually knowing how to drive it. I enjoyed the information that I was able to get while being there.
Great place to work and to gain experience in many areas
Forklift Driver/Load (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJune 4, 2012
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: pay is not so great
Fast paced environment from the moment we get there until we head home, lots of chances to advance in many areas management is good and overal a good job to start at but fairly hard to make it a career
Fun place to work
Counter Sales / Customer Service (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCMay 3, 2012
Pros: benifits after 3 months, profit sharing, staff is fanatastic
Cons: awkward heavy lifting, continuously moving goods around
Co-workers always cracking jokes. dealing with contractors and regular customers, loading there vehicles in a safe matter for transporting of goods. Heavy lifting when stock comes in.