WINDSOR PLYWOOD Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work.
Delivery driver, supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 17, 2016
Great place to work! A typical day at Windsor Plywood was different each day also fun. I have learned a lot about indoor sales and about all the interior finishing for homes and business. The Management when I worked at Windsor Plywood was amazing to work for and with they tried to make your shift as fun as possible while still getting everything done. I myself was a supervisor here and I tried to contribute to this with my crew. I can't really say that there was a hard part to my job everything was pretty awesome there. In all honesty the most enjoyable part of my job was waking up in the morning and wanting to go in for work.
Pros
fun
best job i ever had
Customer service and satisfaction (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 30, 2016
I got to interact with people, my co-workers were friendly & the management was amazing I would love to work there again one day
Great first job
Forklift Operator/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AlbertaMarch 29, 2015
Learnt the importance of making a dollar. Had great management at the Airdrie location. First day got on forklift and my training was "practice on some pallets" and after that for the next three years I only had one error where I spilt a couple sheets of plywood. Next week we got a photo from Head Office where someone dropped and entire 50 layer bundle which went all over the yard. There were four people including myself that worked there so I was responsible for every aspect in the operation. Helped out in the shop, completed sales, operator, cleaning, inventory count and everything else that would happen at a warehouse.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Low pay, worked my entire high school summers.
Awesome place!
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Leduc, ABMay 7, 2015
Working for Windsor Plywood was awesome! The people that i worked with were great, the atmosphere was awesome and the customers that came in were awesome as well. The hardest part of the job is working outside in the cold, other than that it is a great place. Really enjoyed working there and would go back to them in a heartbeat!
Pros
great co-workers. Excellent management
Cons
Working outside in the cold winter
Great place to work and to gain experience in many areas
Forklift Driver/Load (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCJune 4, 2012
Fast paced environment from the moment we get there until we head home, lots of chances to advance in many areas management is good and overal a good job to start at but fairly hard to make it a career
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
pay is not so great
This place is really great!
Assisstant Shipping/ Receiving manager/ sales (Former Employee) –  winnipegMarch 9, 2015
great working environment, the staff and management are just awesome people who all respect one another and are always willing to make sure the customer is taken care of.
dependable excellent quality local grown community business!
Pros
staff/ management/ work environment
Cons
evenings and weekends
its a great job and a fun place to be working
shiping ,also packaging (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 5, 2014
- Every day of work is 9hrs long starts off with coffee and ends with popcorn

- How to work a walki tolki and make french doors.
- Management is very nice and dose the job right
- The coworkers were great to work with and fun to sosholize with.
- The hardest part of the day was to remember were everything is located.
- Coffee break and wood work was my most enjoyable part of the day.
Pros
somtimes whey`ll buy and serve mac donalds at work free coffee and popcorn
Cons
theirs always overtime great pay
Pretty good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West St Paul, MBAugust 5, 2014
I would arrive at work and help set up the mixing machines and computers, with another person. I would learn paint combo's every day. Management here was very good. My co-workers were great to work with. The hardest part of the job was going home at night. The most enjoyable part of the job was going to work in the morning.
Pros
privately owner by a great guy
Cons
not enough customers at times.
Fun place to work
Counter Sales / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCMay 3, 2012
Co-workers always cracking jokes. dealing with contractors and regular customers, loading there vehicles in a safe matter for transporting of goods. Heavy lifting when stock comes in.
Pros
benifits after 3 months, profit sharing, staff is fanatastic
Cons
awkward heavy lifting, continuously moving goods around
Very un-organized workplace
Primary Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 28, 2012
A typical day at work was going to the back and unloading what had been delivered and get product ready to be delivered. And sometimes deliver them. I learned more about the density of wood, and what types of wood were usually used, why they were used, what made them good/bad. As well as wood substitutes, such as MDF(medium density fibreboard) or MDO(medium density overlay), my co-workers were easy to get a long with, never had any issues. The most challenging part of the job was probably driving the fork lift truck without being trained or actually knowing how to drive it. I enjoyed the information that I was able to get while being there.
Pros
lots to learn
Cons
not a steady shift
I love thinking outside the box ,working for owners stores , gave me fredom to explore al that vendors have to offer
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCDecember 9, 2012
Greeting old and new customers ,cleaning, stocking ,ordering and learning new products . Ckecking prices costs/margins sales stats daily,monthly . making the workplace as enjoysble as possilbe helping those who need it and taling advice when needed. the hardest part is not having the right people or having good people leave. I love the challenge of competing with larger chains and winning the customers loyalitys.
Pros
regular schedule
Cons
short staffed
Alright work place
Yard Foreman (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 22, 2015
I was able to build my organization skills, but the people weren't very fun, they all seemed to dislike their job and my boss didn't really know what he was doing
Best job I've had so far
Sales & Yard Organizer (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCNovember 2, 2014
wonderful well rounded job based on labor and costumer service.
Delivery experience and Forklift experience. Work with table, rotary and chop saw. Co-workers and very nice.
Cons
could pay more.
Staff highly abusive and Boss is okay with that.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 3, 2013
This company allows you to make a great wage, however you have to work 12-14 hours everyday, be screamed at and insulted for every mistake you make, and don't expect to be properly trained either.
Pros
pay check
Cons
everything else!
it was a good place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BCMay 20, 2014
the company is a good company to work for but I was looking for more
Pros
the various jobd
Cons
low pay

4.3