We are looking for a dedicated, detail oriented, team player to join our warehouse team in the role of Warehouse Lead Hand
This position will require the incumbent to be available for rotating shifts that may include both morning and afternoon shifts. The successful candidate will be available to work Monday through Saturday with a day off on Tuesday or Thursday.
About Windset Farms:
A proud family owned and run farm, Windset Farms is one of North America's leading producers and distributors of the finest, greenhouse-grown fruits and vegetables. Using modern growing methods and handpicking each individual fruit or vegetable, we nurture our produce to naturally vine-ripened freshness.
General Duties of the Warehouse Lead Hand Role include:
- Arrangement of shipping through the preparation of bills of lading, invoices and other shipping documents.
- Loading and unloading of shipments as required.
- Leading and supporting operations in an efficient way while ensuring safety.
- Inspecting and verifying incoming goods against invoices or other documents, record shortages, and reject damaged goods.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have the Following:
- Previous experience working in a very busy, high stress warehouse environment is a must.
-Leadership and conflict resolution abilities.
- Analytical skills and extreme attention to detail.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience on rider-jacks and stand-up reach trucks
- Time management and priority management skills.
- Self-starter requiring limited supervision and a desire to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Excel, and Outlook.
- Valid Driver's license and reliable vehicle as our location in Ladner BC is not accessible by public transport
Education and Experience Requirements
-Basic Education with 2 or more years of experience and progressive work experience in a similar shipping function.
If this sounds like the perfect position for you, please send us a copy of your resume and cover-letter.
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their submissions. We will be contacting those candidates who qualify to move forward in the recruiting process.