WIND MOBILE Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Sales Associate at Wind Mobile is decent.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lansdowne Mall in RichmondMay 30, 2014
Pros: skill learnt, customer relationships, service and time flexibility
Cons: short of employees and management personnels, security, commission, and long hours ( sometimes i work 10 hours a day alone)
Due to the reason of being a dealer Wind Mobile franchise store, their security is not done well. Also often work alone and see thefts.

I have gained cash handling skills, sales skills, management skills, and able to learn different phone systems and plans. I love building customer relationships and learn different tactics of approaching customers. The flexibility of my hours are sometimes an issue during school, but overall is decent.

The hardest part of this job is the security of the store. There are not any security cameras and are also short of staff. Corporate Wind Mobile are required to be paid commission on sales but this dealer Wind Mobile fails to do so.

Objections from customers

Some customer would walk in inquiring about using Iphone with our network but unfortunately we do not support the frequency for Iphone. So some customers might become angry and complain to me. I would smile and keep telling them the benefits of our plans and other phones as well. Also I would consistent remind the customers that we understand and value their opinions. In this particular situation, I provided a pay to go plan for them to try out our plan for a month. If they like it, they could come back. Generally, they were happy with this suggestion.
s
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 25, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: poor management skills
going into work was stressful enough, also work load was meant for a full staff when there was a fraction of a full staff working. as well as management constantly changing. as previous management would resign from position .
Amazing opportunities for exposure in a start-up environment
Marketing (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2012
Pros: experience, exposure, start-up atmosphere
Cons: work/life, stability, structure (if you care about these things)
Great place to work if you are looking for a lot of exposure and experience in a fast paced business

Maybe not the best if you are looking for an easy 9-5 type atmosphere

People work long hours, but have the opportunity to learn more in a short time than most do in their entire careers at large companies

Hard, rewarding work
This was an energetic and productive work place
Call Center Agent (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 29, 2014
Working for Wind Mobile was very enjoyable, the team was competitive and still friendly, management was always professional and my co-workers became my friends, the hardest part about the job was the challenge of doing better all the time, the most enjoyable part of this job was learning the work and it becoming easier.
Good company
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 9, 2015
Network is constantly improving and the plans are the most economical. I was a customer before being employed by the company and I had great experience from both sides.
Relaxed workplace with mutual respect and appreciation.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Windsor, ONSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: quarterly bonuses
Cons: schedule
Manage multiple customer calls and concerns with adjustments and details to customer accounts. Answer the phones, get an understanding of the customer's issue and address and resolve this issue while recording all steps taken to help the customer with their issue during the call.

Management works well with all employees to meet the needs of the demanding schedule changes and to accommodate all the employees with all needs. The management makes it easy to ask for help and communicate with the other employees with making everyone feel important and relative to the daily operations in the office.

The hardest part of the job and learning to take the anger and frustration the customer's have and educating them on their concerns without upsetting already upset customer's more and being compassionate to the situation with understanding.
Fun, engaging and challenging.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Albion Mall, Toronto, ONMay 21, 2014
Pros: commission and awards on reaching the set goal for the store
Wind Mobile provided me with a platform to develop my interpersonal skills along with improving my organizational skills and listening skills. The management did a great job of keeping us informed of all the new offers and promos that were being offered to the customers well in advance. Our store had two 2 employees working together at peak timings in order to be able to help everyone who walks into our store. Co-workers were very friendly and accommodating. The job is fairly easy once you figure how to interpret your customers needs, and once you are familiar with all the plans that the company offers,
The most enjoyable part of the job was the need to constantly interact with people around you, this kept us active and energetic.
Fun, exciting workplace with ping pong tables and more
Inbound Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 3, 2013
Pros: free lunches and bbqs, flex schedule
Cons: longer shifts/ days
Wind mobile was an excellent growth experience for me, it was amazing opportunity to be apart of the launch team. Helping to build this company from the very beginning was a great experience. I learned a lot and was given a lot of opportunities to help with the development of policies and procedures. I started off as apart of the customer service team, and then moved to the social media department, and sales retention. After excelling in all those departments I went on to back office and escalations. The management was great with regular feedback I was constantly motivated to apply for more opportunities and develop more skills.
Great work enviroment
Full-Time Key Holder (Former Employee), Vancouver, British ColumbiaApril 20, 2014
A typical work day for me would be cashing in the registers, inventory control, trouble-shooting for clients, performing bill payments, organizing the store, house keeping, filing paperwork, etc.

I've become more of a team leader through my position as I was quite shy and more of a follower previously.

The management team has always been wonderful to me. They all pushed me to excel during my time with the company. A lot of support and guidance was given to me.

I had great co-workers beside me. They gave me a lot of support and helped me achieve success with the company.

Hardest part of the job would have to be trouble-shooting for clients. Every client would come in with a different issue and would be handled differently case to case. That being said, trouble-shooting would have to be one of the things I enjoyed a lot. You gain more knowledge through trouble-shooting.
Flexibility and fun in the workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 9, 2014
Pros: half hour lunch break on salary
Cons: immediate change in work schedule
Generally at a wind store, a sales associate work alone that means one person handle whole store. Overall, the job was satisfactory. Manager was helpful and understanding. The best part of the job was talking to customers, make them understands the plans and how they will get benefit.

I remember a rainy day when three men came running to the store all wet and one of them started yelling at me. According to him, his new phone wasn't working. I checked the phone. The phone was only locked. I unlocked and handover the phone to him. All guys started laughing at him.
Excellent Communicator, Great Motivator, Outgoing Personality
Store Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 3, 2014
• Recruit, develop and retain a high-performing sales, service and technical team.
• Create a positive team environment that builds morale and personal esteem.
• Mentor, counsel, coach and support the team by encouraging them to give their best performance.
• Foster a culture of continuous improvement by being proactive and energetic in the work place.
• Demonstrate the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced environment.
• Set clear objectives, monitor progress, take corrective action and control performance levels.
• Determine customer needs and recommend the best solution.
Great Benefits
Level 2 Social Media Agent (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 5, 2015
WIND Mobile had great benefits, however the Windsor office was not run smoothly. There was not a clear set of rules and there was not an HR Department.
Excellent managerial experience
Customer Service/ Sales Representative (Retail) (Former Employee), Pickering, ONJuly 28, 2013
Pros: a lot of downtime to work on other things such as school, other work tasks etc.
Cons: was not a corporate store, which means very little room for growth.
Managed a whole store by myself, which meant i got to decide what plan and promotion would suit customers needs as well as ensuring the store made customers notice our plans and promotions. Responsible for updating current inventory, opening/closing store. Very satisfying job, but that is all it was at the end of the day. If you are looking for a job which is something to help you earn a little spending money or even a pass-time a dealer store would be ideal. However if you are looking for a career or possibly move up in the company, it would be ideal to obtain a position at a corporate store. As well, some dealer stores do not pay commission whereas corporate always does and will probably pay much more commission then a dealer!
Co-workers are awesome, lengthy/semi-boring training, salary and benefits are not competitive and satisfying
Wind Specialist (Former Employee), CanadaJuly 26, 2012
Pros: free unlimited phone service as long as you worked there.
Cons: short-staffed. if someone got sick, and there was only you two scheduled for that day, there are not shift differentials, customers yelling at you for mistakes you did not make, lengthy training, salary and commission is the worst.
Typical day at work: Sell cellphones and plans..Deal with a large number of warranty issues and network complaints.

Hardest part of the job: Fixing customer service call-center mistakes, Unhappy customers yelling at you for the service they receive.

Most enjoyable part of the job: When it's not busy, you get to chill with your co-workers.
WIND Mobile Review
Acting Store Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 8, 2013
Pros: being able to provide clients with the best support possible based on their needs
Cons: communication from management, support personnel
• Manage daily operations of retail store including inventory management, customer service and sales training, performance development and resource management
• Learned how to manage all types of customers of all types. Some happy, and some unhappy.
• Worked along side management teams from other store locations and provided the support to my team and other stores to ensure the productivity of our daily sales throughout our district.
• The hardest part of the job over the past few years has been the lack of communication between, our support teams, and management to the store manages to ensure the best results monthly.
• The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to make sure that all our customers left with the same customer experience. And being able to back and support my team to meet monthly goals.
Productive and conducive work environment
Connect24 Customer Service representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 24, 2015
My work day starts off promptly at 8 when i sit at my desk everyday, i have learnt new ways to manage customers and deliver the best service i can give with room to grow. I have excellent team mates that provide support to one another to make sure we deliver the best reflection of the company and deliver exceptional customer support
supportive management staff and company location make it a fun place to work
Retail Finance Consultant (Former Employee), TorontoDecember 27, 2012
Pros: support one receive for the it group
Cons: have to engage in a lot of hours in order to have your job up to date
It is a busy place to work .I have never worked in the telecomunication industry before, and therefore I learned a lot
about the industry. The hardest part of the job is juggling
the work load. The most enjoyable part of the job is working
with the external customers and the management staff.
Co-workers need to be a bit more supportive of each other.
Knowledge about Sales
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), 1468 Victoria park aveSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: good experience
Cons: hectic days
Management of stores is a hard job. I as a fresher in canada learnt a lot in managing store of this newly established telecommunication company. Co-workers were very friendly and helpfull. The hardest part of the job was to overcome customers objections and close the sale when a sales representative was unable to do so. The most enjoyable part of the job was making sales and managing the store to run at its best.
Productive and Fast pace work environment
Wind Specialist (Key Holder) (Current Employee), Richmond, BCMay 15, 2015
You will get lots of customer's coming in during every day for payments, after services trouble shoots on devices, as well as activating phones and inquires.
good job for students
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: relaxing job. flexible as well.
Cons: dealing with some rude customers
We'd work through the day helping customers with their propblens or setting them up with new phones. I've learned how to sell phones and deal with people on a broader scale for the first time. management was very goood for the most part, teaching me how to sell and helping me learn from mistakes. My co workers were great since they were friends from high school. Hardest oart of the job was dealing with customers. Most enjoyable part was making sales.