WIND MOBILE Employee Reviews in Canada

great manager; terrible company
Full-Time Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 26, 2015
although the manager did everything they could for the staff, the company is managed by unfair people. great co-workers, great training provided by manager, but effort was never rewarded by upper management and job security was non existent. constant accusations made to reps of top performing stores.
Pros
supportive store manager
Cons
poor ownership; work politics
Productive and Fast pace work environment
Wind Specialist (Key Holder) (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCMay 15, 2015
You will get lots of customer's coming in during every day for payments, after services trouble shoots on devices, as well as activating phones and inquires.
so much to learn at this place.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 19, 2015
after a while, I got involved in so many tasks including receiving loads, dealing with customers complaints, making decisions that are related to ordering and day to day tasks. the management was pretty good, they have had everything organized and under control which makes it easier forr employees to perform efficiently.
Fun and Fast pace
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 10, 2015
it was fun working in different locations. Meeting multiple goals and achieving targets.
huge company desire to grow in market place
Pros
Fun and motivation
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 6, 2015
Enjoyed my time at WIND to the very end. Management is nice, coworkers are awesome and the service you get to provide people with is great too. There are people that will not like WIND and complain but there aren't too many of those and the network is always getting better and better.
Interesting and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 2, 2015
It was interesting place to work at. It was fun to complete the monthly goals. You learn many new things about the technology.
Productive and conducive work environment
Connect24 Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 24, 2015
My work day starts off promptly at 8 when i sit at my desk everyday, i have learnt new ways to manage customers and deliver the best service i can give with room to grow. I have excellent team mates that provide support to one another to make sure we deliver the best reflection of the company and deliver exceptional customer support
Fantastic Place to Work
WIND Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONMarch 22, 2015
WIND Mobile has been one of the most enjoyable retail jobs that I've ever had.

A typical day at WIND would include helping customers learn about plans, paying phone bills, topping up accounts, and activating new and existing accounts.

I learned valuable sales techniques, more about the mobile phone industry in Canada, and better customer service skills

Store managers and field coaches are amazing, laid back and easy to talk to. It would be nice if the district manager was more available.

Co-workers quickly become friends that you hang out with outside of work.

The hardest parts of the job would be dealing with unusual customer problems and having to direct them to the retail support team and shipping cell phones our for warranty.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be meeting new customers and helping them activate their accounts and getting recognized by co-workers and the store manager.
Pros
flexible schedules, cool managers, awesome coworkers, nice customers (sometimes), low sales stress, playing around with new gadgets.
Cons
standing around in the kiosk for the majority of your shift, too many staff meetings, commission structure is decent, but low compared to other phone companies in the industry, having to call the support team 24/7 can get annoying, hot and heavy oxford uniform shirts, extremely slow days.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  edmomton, abMarch 22, 2015
This job was fun but the time of my availability was not suitable to the Employee. To provide services to the customers was the best part of the job.
Pros
work ambience
Cons
availability
Performance oriented work culture
Corporate Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2015
The company gives you total freedom to handle your job on your own and had a good performance oriented culture. However work life balance is average and growth opportunities can be a challenge.
Wind Mobile
WIND Specialist (Current Employee) –  WoodbridgeMarch 8, 2015
-Greet clients,
-upsell or sell new acts
-take payments: cash and credit
-handle cash
-process orders
-teamwork
-always on the go
-standing for long periods of time
NA
Corporate & High Volume Recruiter (Current Employee) –  TorontoMarch 7, 2015
Good work location. Open environment. Good hours. Dynamic industry. Excellent opportunities for growth.

etc etc etc etc etc etc etc
Great Benefits
Level 2 Social Media Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 5, 2015
WIND Mobile had great benefits, however the Windsor office was not run smoothly. There was not a clear set of rules and there was not an HR Department.
I enjoy working with the customer on the floor by helping them with their needs & i feel happy when they r satisfy with my solutions.
WIND SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  lONDON ONFebruary 1, 2015
Every day is a new day of experience to learn & get solutions but i like to learn as much as i can for the benefit of my self & my job what i am doing. in the job main back bone is u r management how much they belive u at the position u r & help them to grow their bussiness in the market & handel the sutiation in the need.we have to unerstand each other when we r in some organization with co-workers hardest part of job is when we r helpless to do any thing to the customer & say "NO" because of some policies.
Pros
paid lunch hours
Cons
overtime
Decent place to work.
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONNovember 28, 2014
Usually slow days during the week for retail in the Brantford Mall, learned a lot about customer communication. Store manager is great, District manager does not communicate at all, company as a whole for customers is great, not so great as an employee.
productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2014
Handle cash, deal with customer
most enjoyable part customer is convinced and by cell phone with good plan
Pros
free coffee
Cons
not exatly
Productive and supportive work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 5, 2014
Being surrounded by supportive individuals. Treating each other with respect and helping each other out when needed. Knowing when to be serious and when to be more free spirited in order to make the work place enjoyable.
Pros
free flowing but organized, supportive coworkers
s
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONOctober 25, 2014
going into work was stressful enough, also work load was meant for a full staff when there was a fraction of a full staff working. as well as management constantly changing. as previous management would resign from position .
benefits
Cons
poor management skills
'Best Place to Work'
Senior QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 23, 2014
Very well organized, friendly people and overall good place to work. Excellent location (Queens Quay terminal)
Productive and dedicated company to be a former employee to.
SQL Data Base Administrator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2014
It is a company of dedication and enthusiasm are exemplified in each employee. Wind Mobile is fun, rewarding and as an added perk, we can wear jeans on Friday! Whether it's giving back to our community or meeting to share our creative ideas, the connections with my fellow colleagues are priceless. From the first step in the door, we are given the commitment and passion to get it right, editorially and visually. This is a company that truly cares about you as a personal individual and wants you to strive for the best. I left each day feeling I have added value to my team, and this is what makes Wind Mobile such a great place to work.