WIND MOBILE Employee Reviews in Canada

so much to learn at this place.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 19, 2015
after a while, I got involved in so many tasks including receiving loads, dealing with customers complaints, making decisions that are related to ordering and day to day tasks. the management was pretty good, they have had everything organized and under control which makes it easier forr employees to perform efficiently.
Productive and conducive work environment
Connect24 Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 24, 2015
My work day starts off promptly at 8 when i sit at my desk everyday, i have learnt new ways to manage customers and deliver the best service i can give with room to grow. I have excellent team mates that provide support to one another to make sure we deliver the best reflection of the company and deliver exceptional customer support
wind retail
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 10, 2015
its the fun place to work but there is alot of disorganization it is a new company so they are learning the ropes but the pay is better then most
Good Entry Level Sales/Commission Career
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 14, 2015
Building a small sales team to deliver results, coaching and hiring until results are met. Growing company with early growing pains, not much room for internal growth.
I enjoy working with the customer on the floor by helping them with their needs & i feel happy when they r satisfy with my solutions.
WIND SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  lONDON ONFebruary 1, 2015
Every day is a new day of experience to learn & get solutions but i like to learn as much as i can for the benefit of my self & my job what i am doing. in the job main back bone is u r management how much they belive u at the position u r & help them to grow their bussiness in the market & handel the sutiation in the need.we have to unerstand each other when we r in some organization with co-workers hardest part of job is when we r helpless to do any thing to the customer & say "NO" because of some policies.
Pros
paid lunch hours
Cons
overtime
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 6, 2015
Enjoyed my time at WIND to the very end. Management is nice, coworkers are awesome and the service you get to provide people with is great too. There are people that will not like WIND and complain but there aren't too many of those and the network is always getting better and better.
Good company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 9, 2015
Network is constantly improving and the plans are the most economical. I was a customer before being employed by the company and I had great experience from both sides.
Productive and dedicated company to be a former employee to.
SQL Data Base Administrator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2014
It is a company of dedication and enthusiasm are exemplified in each employee. Wind Mobile is fun, rewarding and as an added perk, we can wear jeans on Friday! Whether it's giving back to our community or meeting to share our creative ideas, the connections with my fellow colleagues are priceless. From the first step in the door, we are given the commitment and passion to get it right, editorially and visually. This is a company that truly cares about you as a personal individual and wants you to strive for the best. I left each day feeling I have added value to my team, and this is what makes Wind Mobile such a great place to work.
Stressful, constant change and nobody knows ahead of time.
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONOctober 8, 2014
This place constantly changes, the way they do things and nobody from supervisors to managers even know when these are happening and why. Also the environment is very negative because everybody gets constantly pushed for little money. I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
free coffee, coworkers are great.
Cons
constant change, with little to no training.
Knowledge about Sales
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  1468 Victoria park aveSeptember 3, 2014
Management of stores is a hard job. I as a fresher in canada learnt a lot in managing store of this newly established telecommunication company. Co-workers were very friendly and helpfull. The hardest part of the job was to overcome customers objections and close the sale when a sales representative was unable to do so. The most enjoyable part of the job was making sales and managing the store to run at its best.
Pros
good experience
Cons
hectic days
wind
Workforce Analyst Real Time Adherence Specialist (Current Employee) –  torontoJune 27, 2015
management skills lacking,favoritism long hours,great location
great benifits. management can be sneaky,no advancement
Productive and Fast pace work environment
Wind Specialist (Key Holder) (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCMay 15, 2015
You will get lots of customer's coming in during every day for payments, after services trouble shoots on devices, as well as activating phones and inquires.
Fast Paced, Interesting and Ever-changing.
Part-Time Keyholder/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 18, 2014
A typical day at work had you dealing with customers of all walks of life and varying levels of technical information that can sometimes complicate things. Management is forward thinking and overall the company offers many perks. The hardest part of the job is the abuse from customers verbally, but by far more enjoyable is the look on people face with their new device!
Pros
free phone plan
Cons
angry customers
Excellent Communicator, Great Motivator, Outgoing Personality
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 3, 2014
• Recruit, develop and retain a high-performing sales, service and technical team.
• Create a positive team environment that builds morale and personal esteem.
• Mentor, counsel, coach and support the team by encouraging them to give their best performance.
• Foster a culture of continuous improvement by being proactive and energetic in the work place.
• Demonstrate the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced environment.
• Set clear objectives, monitor progress, take corrective action and control performance levels.
• Determine customer needs and recommend the best solution.
Flexibility and fun in the workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 9, 2014
Generally at a wind store, a sales associate work alone that means one person handle whole store. Overall, the job was satisfactory. Manager was helpful and understanding. The best part of the job was talking to customers, make them understands the plans and how they will get benefit.

I remember a rainy day when three men came running to the store all wet and one of them started yelling at me. According to him, his new phone wasn't working. I checked the phone. The phone was only locked. I unlocked and handover the phone to him. All guys started laughing at him.
Pros
half hour lunch break on salary
Cons
immediate change in work schedule
Good Company to work in
Software Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 3, 2015
Nice team work, and respectable coworkers.
Friendly environment, has so many cultures, not alot of native Canadian people working there (in IT).
good job for students
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2014
We'd work through the day helping customers with their propblens or setting them up with new phones. I've learned how to sell phones and deal with people on a broader scale for the first time. management was very goood for the most part, teaching me how to sell and helping me learn from mistakes. My co workers were great since they were friends from high school. Hardest oart of the job was dealing with customers. Most enjoyable part was making sales.
Pros
relaxing job. flexible as well.
Cons
dealing with some rude customers
Very Productive and the environment is very encouraging and helpful
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 22, 2013
Every day is challenging because we have to be on our toes, and get the work done.

I have learned to cope with the pressure and demands of the job.

Management is very organized and very co-operative, with highly skilled and innovative people around.

The hardest part of the job is delays in getting the work done to cope with it.

The most enjoyable part of the job is as a tester you are involved at every phase of SDLC
Pros
free lunches, pot luck, fundraising events
Good Retail Experience
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  EdmontonJune 27, 2013
Worked with WIND for 3 years and have seen all the ups and downs. For a startup company it has come a long way. In terms of retail experience it was better than most other places. But there is still a long way to go in terms of improving the service, and the company realizes it too. The reason I left is that the money you get is not worth the complains you have to deal with from the customers about the service and network.
Pros
flexible timings
Cons
customer complaints about service (they never end)
Amazing opportunities for exposure in a start-up environment
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2012
Great place to work if you are looking for a lot of exposure and experience in a fast paced business

Maybe not the best if you are looking for an easy 9-5 type atmosphere

People work long hours, but have the opportunity to learn more in a short time than most do in their entire careers at large companies

Hard, rewarding work
Pros
experience, exposure, start-up atmosphere
Cons
work/life, stability, structure (if you care about these things)