WIND MOBILE Employee Reviews

Greeter (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 August 2015
Staff was great, very goal oriented and welcoming. I enjoyed coming into work everyday, greeting people and talking to them about new promotions and trying to understand what they wanted from the company. I enjoyed my time there very much.
Pros
Amazing place to work
Cons
Seasonal
Motivating workplace
Sales Representative & Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Ottawa17 August 2015
I have benefited from this customer-facing position a lot. The daily work is not only full of routines but also challenges. I have learnt how to do daily inventory check, to deal with various customers and diverse needs from them, to offer great customer experience and to extend our monthly sales targets. I enjoyed working with my lovely co-workers and managers because we were always encouraging and helping each other as much as we could.
the most enjoyable job
retail; manager (Current Employee) –  jane and finch mall10 August 2015
Was one of the store chosen for the launch of iphone at wind and we given 10 customers free iphone with the 12 months free service. Moreover, If we talk about the mystery shopping , Store targets , Inventory , customer service Our store counts as first one .
Nice workplace
Junior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 August 2015
Learnt a lot about the ERP processes and other necessary tools required for the operation. Supportive seniors and co-workers. Sometimes the repetitive task makes you feel dull but overall it was nice work time.
Good Entry Level Sales/Commission Career
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2015
Building a small sales team to deliver results, coaching and hiring until results are met. Growing company with early growing pains, not much room for internal growth.
Good company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 July 2015
Network is constantly improving and the plans are the most economical. I was a customer before being employed by the company and I had great experience from both sides.
it was a good place to work at
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 July 2015
i started to work here when wind had just opened so there were couple of problems for ex: their network coverage wasnt that good so the customer would come back n complain about but i dont think there should be a problem now i have wind for almost 4 years now and i never got a problem with it. and the stuff was pretty helpfull i wouldnt mind working here again
Pros
free lunches
Cons
unstable timetable
wind
Workforce Analyst Real Time Adherence Specialist (Current Employee) –  toronto27 June 2015
management skills lacking,favoritism long hours,great location
great benifits. management can be sneaky,no advancement
Good work-life balance
Financial Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto,ON10 June 2015
Co-workers are amiable.Lean company, no room for slackers.
management should learn to set more motivating rewards and bench marks for employees.Hardest part of the job is every one here is irreplacable and working to capacity - so hard to cover for absent employees.
Pros
By the water
Cons
Long Commute to get to work
Good Company to work in
Software Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 June 2015
Nice team work, and respectable coworkers.
Friendly environment, has so many cultures, not alot of native Canadian people working there (in IT).
great manager; terrible company
Full-Time Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 May 2015
although the manager did everything they could for the staff, the company is managed by unfair people. great co-workers, great training provided by manager, but effort was never rewarded by upper management and job security was non existent. constant accusations made to reps of top performing stores.
Pros
supportive store manager
Cons
poor ownership; work politics
Productive and Fast pace work environment
Wind Specialist (Key Holder) (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC15 May 2015
You will get lots of customer's coming in during every day for payments, after services trouble shoots on devices, as well as activating phones and inquires.
so much to learn at this place.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 April 2015
after a while, I got involved in so many tasks including receiving loads, dealing with customers complaints, making decisions that are related to ordering and day to day tasks. the management was pretty good, they have had everything organized and under control which makes it easier forr employees to perform efficiently.
Fun and Fast pace
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 April 2015
it was fun working in different locations. Meeting multiple goals and achieving targets.
huge company desire to grow in market place
Pros
Fun and motivation
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2015
Enjoyed my time at WIND to the very end. Management is nice, coworkers are awesome and the service you get to provide people with is great too. There are people that will not like WIND and complain but there aren't too many of those and the network is always getting better and better.
Interesting and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 April 2015
It was interesting place to work at. It was fun to complete the monthly goals. You learn many new things about the technology.
Productive and conducive work environment
Connect24 Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2015
My work day starts off promptly at 8 when i sit at my desk everyday, i have learnt new ways to manage customers and deliver the best service i can give with room to grow. I have excellent team mates that provide support to one another to make sure we deliver the best reflection of the company and deliver exceptional customer support
Fantastic Place to Work
WIND Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON22 March 2015
WIND Mobile has been one of the most enjoyable retail jobs that I've ever had.

A typical day at WIND would include helping customers learn about plans, paying phone bills, topping up accounts, and activating new and existing accounts.

I learned valuable sales techniques, more about the mobile phone industry in Canada, and better customer service skills

Store managers and field coaches are amazing, laid back and easy to talk to. It would be nice if the district manager was more available.

Co-workers quickly become friends that you hang out with outside of work.

The hardest parts of the job would be dealing with unusual customer problems and having to direct them to the retail support team and shipping cell phones our for warranty.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be meeting new customers and helping them activate their accounts and getting recognized by co-workers and the store manager.
Pros
Flexible schedules, Cool managers, Awesome coworkers, Nice customers (sometimes), Low sales stress, Playing around with new gadgets.
Cons
Standing around in the kiosk for the majority of your shift, Too many staff meetings, Commission structure is decent, but low compared to other phone companies in the industry, Having to call the support team 24/7 can get annoying, Hot and heavy oxford uniform shirts, Extremely slow days.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  edmomton, ab22 March 2015
This job was fun but the time of my availability was not suitable to the Employee. To provide services to the customers was the best part of the job.
Pros
Work Ambience
Cons
Availability
Performance oriented work culture
Corporate Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2015
The company gives you total freedom to handle your job on your own and had a good performance oriented culture. However work life balance is average and growth opportunities can be a challenge.