WIND MOBILE Employee Reviews

Fun place with great people
TEAM LEAD & ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 October 2015
Amazing place to work at!
Great employees, management is very considerate. A lot of advancement opportunities if you show that you want to grow with the company. I started as a sales rep, moved up to asst manager.
Exciting workplace with lots of opportunities to learn
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 November 2015
I loved working at Wind. All the teammates were friendly and always helped when needed. The pay and commissions were excellent.
Greeter (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 August 2015
Staff was great, very goal oriented and welcoming. I enjoyed coming into work everyday, greeting people and talking to them about new promotions and trying to understand what they wanted from the company. I enjoyed my time there very much.
Pros
Amazing place to work
Cons
Seasonal
Great People--No Growth
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto8 September 2015
Small company trying to run like a big company. Most of the people are great to work with and are dedicated to the company, especially those that have been there for the long haul. Hardest part is having to be connected 24/7.
Pros
Great people
Cons
horrible bosses, no growth
I enjoy working with the customer on the floor by helping them with their needs & i feel happy when they r satisfy with my solutions.
WIND SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  lONDON ON1 February 2015
Every day is a new day of experience to learn & get solutions but i like to learn as much as i can for the benefit of my self & my job what i am doing. in the job main back bone is u r management how much they belive u at the position u r & help them to grow their bussiness in the market & handel the sutiation in the need.we have to unerstand each other when we r in some organization with co-workers hardest part of job is when we r helpless to do any thing to the customer & say "NO" because of some policies.
Pros
Paid lunch Hours
Cons
Overtime
Productive and conducive work environment
Connect24 Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2015
My work day starts off promptly at 8 when i sit at my desk everyday, i have learnt new ways to manage customers and deliver the best service i can give with room to grow. I have excellent team mates that provide support to one another to make sure we deliver the best reflection of the company and deliver exceptional customer support
Call Centre environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 December 2015
Shift work in an inbound call centre in telecommunications. The company has great benefits and this job is good for students.
Good work-life balance
Financial Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto,ON10 June 2015
Co-workers are amiable.Lean company, no room for slackers.
management should learn to set more motivating rewards and bench marks for employees.Hardest part of the job is every one here is irreplacable and working to capacity - so hard to cover for absent employees.
Pros
By the water
Cons
Long Commute to get to work
Productive and dedicated company to be a former employee to.
SQL Data Base Administrator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2014
It is a company of dedication and enthusiasm are exemplified in each employee. Wind Mobile is fun, rewarding and as an added perk, we can wear jeans on Friday! Whether it's giving back to our community or meeting to share our creative ideas, the connections with my fellow colleagues are priceless. From the first step in the door, we are given the commitment and passion to get it right, editorially and visually. This is a company that truly cares about you as a personal individual and wants you to strive for the best. I left each day feeling I have added value to my team, and this is what makes Wind Mobile such a great place to work.
so much to learn at this place.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 April 2015
after a while, I got involved in so many tasks including receiving loads, dealing with customers complaints, making decisions that are related to ordering and day to day tasks. the management was pretty good, they have had everything organized and under control which makes it easier forr employees to perform efficiently.
Knowledge about Sales
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  1468 Victoria park ave3 September 2014
Management of stores is a hard job. I as a fresher in canada learnt a lot in managing store of this newly established telecommunication company. Co-workers were very friendly and helpfull. The hardest part of the job was to overcome customers objections and close the sale when a sales representative was unable to do so. The most enjoyable part of the job was making sales and managing the store to run at its best.
Pros
Good Experience
Cons
Hectic days
Fast Paced, Interesting and Ever-changing.
Part-Time Keyholder/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 June 2014
A typical day at work had you dealing with customers of all walks of life and varying levels of technical information that can sometimes complicate things. Management is forward thinking and overall the company offers many perks. The hardest part of the job is the abuse from customers verbally, but by far more enjoyable is the look on people face with their new device!
Pros
free phone plan
Cons
angry customers
Excellent Communicator, Great Motivator, Outgoing Personality
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 June 2014
• Recruit, develop and retain a high-performing sales, service and technical team.
• Create a positive team environment that builds morale and personal esteem.
• Mentor, counsel, coach and support the team by encouraging them to give their best performance.
• Foster a culture of continuous improvement by being proactive and energetic in the work place.
• Demonstrate the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced environment.
• Set clear objectives, monitor progress, take corrective action and control performance levels.
• Determine customer needs and recommend the best solution.
Flexibility and fun in the workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 May 2014
Generally at a wind store, a sales associate work alone that means one person handle whole store. Overall, the job was satisfactory. Manager was helpful and understanding. The best part of the job was talking to customers, make them understands the plans and how they will get benefit.

I remember a rainy day when three men came running to the store all wet and one of them started yelling at me. According to him, his new phone wasn't working. I checked the phone. The phone was only locked. I unlocked and handover the phone to him. All guys started laughing at him.
Pros
half hour lunch break on salary
Cons
immediate change in work schedule
good job for students
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 February 2014
We'd work through the day helping customers with their propblens or setting them up with new phones. I've learned how to sell phones and deal with people on a broader scale for the first time. management was very goood for the most part, teaching me how to sell and helping me learn from mistakes. My co workers were great since they were friends from high school. Hardest oart of the job was dealing with customers. Most enjoyable part was making sales.
Pros
Relaxing job. Flexible as well.
Cons
Dealing with some rude customers
Amazing opportunities for exposure in a start-up environment
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 July 2012
Great place to work if you are looking for a lot of exposure and experience in a fast paced business

Maybe not the best if you are looking for an easy 9-5 type atmosphere

People work long hours, but have the opportunity to learn more in a short time than most do in their entire careers at large companies

Hard, rewarding work
Pros
experience, exposure, start-up atmosphere
Cons
work/life, stability, structure (if you care about these things)
Good Retail Experience
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton27 June 2013
Worked with WIND for 3 years and have seen all the ups and downs. For a startup company it has come a long way. In terms of retail experience it was better than most other places. But there is still a long way to go in terms of improving the service, and the company realizes it too. The reason I left is that the money you get is not worth the complains you have to deal with from the customers about the service and network.
Pros
Flexible Timings
Cons
Customer complaints about service (they never end)
Very enjoyable and learning experience.
Completed internship (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2012
The day usually started off with all the employees updating themselves with the inventory , the latest plans and any special promotions. I would help customers throughout the day with their various needs and finding solutions to any problems. I was also responsible for the cash till closing at the end of the day as well as preparing a detailed report about the days sales, inventory requirements etc. The hardest part of the job was pacifying customers who had somehow landed themselves with big bills. The most enjoyable part was dealing with people from different cultures and finding the perfect product that would suit their needs.
Very organized and fun environment to be in.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 October 2012
Working at WInd Mobile was an amazing experience as a Manager. I learned a lot from the responsibilities I had. They taught me how to handle a lot in a busy, fast-paced workplace while training others. I enjoyed it very much and gained a lot of experience that made me ready for anything out there.
Pros
product discounts and a place to meet new people everyday.
Cons
long hours, but i enjoyed being in such a comfortable environment that i even took extra shifts.
Wind Moble was a fun place to work free Wii and arcade type game room
Client Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, On.19 October 2012
A typical day at Wind Mobile starts out very busy taking calls assisting Clients with their Cellular needs as example: billing, account updates

I learnt excellent time management and diplomacy the management was not always in sync as communications were not always forth coming. My co-Workers were fantastic we truly worked as a team the hardest part of the job was shift changes were every week the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my co-workers daily.
Pros
free lunch on fridays
Cons
shift change every week