WIND MOBILE Employee Reviews

Fun, exciting workplace with ping pong tables and more
Inbound Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2013
Wind mobile was an excellent growth experience for me, it was amazing opportunity to be apart of the launch team. Helping to build this company from the very beginning was a great experience. I learned a lot and was given a lot of opportunities to help with the development of policies and procedures. I started off as apart of the customer service team, and then moved to the social media department, and sales retention. After excelling in all those departments I went on to back office and escalations. The management was great with regular feedback I was constantly motivated to apply for more opportunities and develop more skills.
Pros
Free Lunches and BBQs, flex schedule
Cons
longer shifts/ days
Fun, engaging and challenging.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Albion Mall, Toronto, ON21 May 2014
Wind Mobile provided me with a platform to develop my interpersonal skills along with improving my organizational skills and listening skills. The management did a great job of keeping us informed of all the new offers and promos that were being offered to the customers well in advance. Our store had two 2 employees working together at peak timings in order to be able to help everyone who walks into our store. Co-workers were very friendly and accommodating. The job is fairly easy once you figure how to interpret your customers needs, and once you are familiar with all the plans that the company offers,
The most enjoyable part of the job was the need to constantly interact with people around you, this kept us active and energetic.
Pros
Commission and awards on reaching the set goal for the store
Great work enviroment
Full-Time Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, British Columbia20 April 2014
A typical work day for me would be cashing in the registers, inventory control, trouble-shooting for clients, performing bill payments, organizing the store, house keeping, filing paperwork, etc.

I've become more of a team leader through my position as I was quite shy and more of a follower previously.

The management team has always been wonderful to me. They all pushed me to excel during my time with the company. A lot of support and guidance was given to me.

I had great co-workers beside me. They gave me a lot of support and helped me achieve success with the company.

Hardest part of the job would have to be trouble-shooting for clients. Every client would come in with a different issue and would be handled differently case to case. That being said, trouble-shooting would have to be one of the things I enjoyed a lot. You gain more knowledge through trouble-shooting.
Fast Paced Customer Service
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 January 2016
Typical day in the office would be non-stop calls to assist customers with their need with our company, whether it be from helping explain a bill to creating a whole new account.

I learned a lot about advancing my customer service skills to better enhance to customers experience.

Although I do not enjoy being yelled at by stranger about issues I could not control, i did enjoy being able to do my best to help them and fix what ever concerns or problems they have.
Pros
Great Managment
Cons
Sitting all day
Call Centre environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 December 2015
Shift work in an inbound call centre in telecommunications. The company has great benefits and this job is good for students.
Excellent managerial experience
Customer Service/ Sales Representative (Retail) (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON28 July 2013
Managed a whole store by myself, which meant i got to decide what plan and promotion would suit customers needs as well as ensuring the store made customers notice our plans and promotions. Responsible for updating current inventory, opening/closing store. Very satisfying job, but that is all it was at the end of the day. If you are looking for a job which is something to help you earn a little spending money or even a pass-time a dealer store would be ideal. However if you are looking for a career or possibly move up in the company, it would be ideal to obtain a position at a corporate store. As well, some dealer stores do not pay commission whereas corporate always does and will probably pay much more commission then a dealer!
Pros
A lot of Downtime to work on other things such as school, other work tasks etc.
Cons
Was not a corporate store, which means very little room for growth.
Flexibility and fun in the workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 May 2014
Generally at a wind store, a sales associate work alone that means one person handle whole store. Overall, the job was satisfactory. Manager was helpful and understanding. The best part of the job was talking to customers, make them understands the plans and how they will get benefit.

I remember a rainy day when three men came running to the store all wet and one of them started yelling at me. According to him, his new phone wasn't working. I checked the phone. The phone was only locked. I unlocked and handover the phone to him. All guys started laughing at him.
Pros
half hour lunch break on salary
Cons
immediate change in work schedule
Co-workers are awesome, lengthy/semi-boring training, salary and benefits are not competitive and satisfying
Wind Specialist (Former Employee) –  Canada26 July 2012
Typical day at work: Sell cellphones and plans..Deal with a large number of warranty issues and network complaints.

Hardest part of the job: Fixing customer service call-center mistakes, Unhappy customers yelling at you for the service they receive.

Most enjoyable part of the job: When it's not busy, you get to chill with your co-workers.
Pros
free unlimited phone service as long as you worked there.
Cons
short-staffed. if someone got sick, and there was only you two scheduled for that day, there are not shift differentials, customers yelling at you for mistakes you did not make, lengthy training, salary and commission is the worst.
Relaxed workplace with mutual respect and appreciation.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 September 2014
Manage multiple customer calls and concerns with adjustments and details to customer accounts. Answer the phones, get an understanding of the customer's issue and address and resolve this issue while recording all steps taken to help the customer with their issue during the call.

Management works well with all employees to meet the needs of the demanding schedule changes and to accommodate all the employees with all needs. The management makes it easy to ask for help and communicate with the other employees with making everyone feel important and relative to the daily operations in the office.

The hardest part of the job and learning to take the anger and frustration the customer's have and educating them on their concerns without upsetting already upset customer's more and being compassionate to the situation with understanding.
Pros
quarterly bonuses
Cons
schedule
Productive and easy to fast-paced
WIND Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 December 2015
I liked the hours given to me but my transportation was a little tough especially with Calgary transit. I loved the people I worked with and we had a respectful environment. The only problem that led to our team disintegrating (quitting) was due to our team lead that didn't respect us and caused us to hate working with her. She used to make up stories that makes the team look bad and tell it to our store manager who always took her side. Other than that I liked working in such an environment and Im looking for a similar job.
Pros
Good hours, friendly environment, team work and good breaks.
Cons
Team lead
s
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 October 2014
going into work was stressful enough, also work load was meant for a full staff when there was a fraction of a full staff working. as well as management constantly changing. as previous management would resign from position .
benefits
Cons
Poor Management skills
WIND Mobile Review
Acting Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2013
• Manage daily operations of retail store including inventory management, customer service and sales training, performance development and resource management
• Learned how to manage all types of customers of all types. Some happy, and some unhappy.
• Worked along side management teams from other store locations and provided the support to my team and other stores to ensure the productivity of our daily sales throughout our district.
• The hardest part of the job over the past few years has been the lack of communication between, our support teams, and management to the store manages to ensure the best results monthly.
• The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to make sure that all our customers left with the same customer experience. And being able to back and support my team to meet monthly goals.
Pros
Being able to provide clients with the best support possible based on their needs
Cons
Communication from Management, Support Personnel
I enjoy working with the customer on the floor by helping them with their needs & i feel happy when they r satisfy with my solutions.
WIND SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  lONDON ON1 February 2015
Every day is a new day of experience to learn & get solutions but i like to learn as much as i can for the benefit of my self & my job what i am doing. in the job main back bone is u r management how much they belive u at the position u r & help them to grow their bussiness in the market & handel the sutiation in the need.we have to unerstand each other when we r in some organization with co-workers hardest part of job is when we r helpless to do any thing to the customer & say "NO" because of some policies.
Pros
Paid lunch Hours
Cons
Overtime
supportive management staff and company location make it a fun place to work
Retail Finance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto27 December 2012
It is a busy place to work .I have never worked in the telecomunication industry before, and therefore I learned a lot
about the industry. The hardest part of the job is juggling
the work load. The most enjoyable part of the job is working
with the external customers and the management staff.
Co-workers need to be a bit more supportive of each other.
Pros
support one receive for the it group
Cons
have to engage in a lot of hours in order to have your job up to date
Excellent Communicator, Great Motivator, Outgoing Personality
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 June 2014
• Recruit, develop and retain a high-performing sales, service and technical team.
• Create a positive team environment that builds morale and personal esteem.
• Mentor, counsel, coach and support the team by encouraging them to give their best performance.
• Foster a culture of continuous improvement by being proactive and energetic in the work place.
• Demonstrate the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced environment.
• Set clear objectives, monitor progress, take corrective action and control performance levels.
• Determine customer needs and recommend the best solution.
Wind mobile Service Specialist
Part-time Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 November 2015
Mostly interactions with current and potential Customers.
Customer service skills, and New gadget technoligies, Team play required in this field.
Pros
Service
Cons
Salary
Wind Moble was a fun place to work free Wii and arcade type game room
Client Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, On.19 October 2012
A typical day at Wind Mobile starts out very busy taking calls assisting Clients with their Cellular needs as example: billing, account updates

I learnt excellent time management and diplomacy the management was not always in sync as communications were not always forth coming. My co-Workers were fantastic we truly worked as a team the hardest part of the job was shift changes were every week the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my co-workers daily.
Pros
free lunch on fridays
Cons
shift change every week
good job for students
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 February 2014
We'd work through the day helping customers with their propblens or setting them up with new phones. I've learned how to sell phones and deal with people on a broader scale for the first time. management was very goood for the most part, teaching me how to sell and helping me learn from mistakes. My co workers were great since they were friends from high school. Hardest oart of the job was dealing with customers. Most enjoyable part was making sales.
Pros
Relaxing job. Flexible as well.
Cons
Dealing with some rude customers
NA
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 October 2015
This was also another great job to have, the other coworkers were great to be around and the management was awesome. The customers were also fun to handle.
work hard be treated like a 3 rd world citizen This is the place for you.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  West Canada2 July 2012
If. You Want to work hard be treated like a 3 rd world citizen This is the place for you.
Pros
free phone
Cons
management sucks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WIND MOBILE. Our community is ready to answer.

82%