WIND MOBILE Employee Reviews

It is alright but it is not great
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  1450 Clark Ave W, Thornhill, ON L4J 7R4, CANADA23 October 2015
It is a standing job so there's a lot of that because we don't really get chairs. The pay is minimum wage so for anyone with certifications and backgrounds you may wanna consider something else. Good for anyone trying to build customer service experience and learn to deal with difficult customers. The overall team is different based on location I personally found mine to be quite rude and vulgar towards customers and other staff. There were also problems with the payroll setup and a lot of wireless issues that need to be sorted out at higher levels. I can tell not everyone is putting in 100% of the effort.
Pros
sale comissions, free cellphone line, subsity on cellphones, slow paced environment
Cons
tireing, staff is not polite, bad management, faulty systems, poor co-ordiation, lack of respect, too carefree
great manager; terrible company
Full-Time Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 May 2015
although the manager did everything they could for the staff, the company is managed by unfair people. great co-workers, great training provided by manager, but effort was never rewarded by upper management and job security was non existent. constant accusations made to reps of top performing stores.
Pros
supportive store manager
Cons
poor ownership; work politics
zqzzzzz...
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 June 2016
the toughest part of this job is to explain customer that the coverage is pretty low as compared to other companies which gives you hard time.
wind
Workforce Analyst Real Time Adherence Specialist (Current Employee) –  toronto27 June 2015
management skills lacking,favoritism long hours,great location
great benifits. management can be sneaky,no advancement
Fun place with great people
TEAM LEAD & ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 October 2015
Amazing place to work at!
Great employees, management is very considerate. A lot of advancement opportunities if you show that you want to grow with the company. I started as a sales rep, moved up to asst manager.
Very Productive and great workplace
Sales Associate/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC18 May 2016
Great company if you love being a sales associate. Must have great customer service skills and be able to provide a customer with everything they need.
Fast Paced Customer Service
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 January 2016
Typical day in the office would be non-stop calls to assist customers with their need with our company, whether it be from helping explain a bill to creating a whole new account.

I learned a lot about advancing my customer service skills to better enhance to customers experience.

Although I do not enjoy being yelled at by stranger about issues I could not control, i did enjoy being able to do my best to help them and fix what ever concerns or problems they have.
Pros
Great Managment
Cons
Sitting all day
Call Centre environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 December 2015
Shift work in an inbound call centre in telecommunications. The company has great benefits and this job is good for students.
Very enjoyable and learning experience.
Completed internship (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2012
The day usually started off with all the employees updating themselves with the inventory , the latest plans and any special promotions. I would help customers throughout the day with their various needs and finding solutions to any problems. I was also responsible for the cash till closing at the end of the day as well as preparing a detailed report about the days sales, inventory requirements etc. The hardest part of the job was pacifying customers who had somehow landed themselves with big bills. The most enjoyable part was dealing with people from different cultures and finding the perfect product that would suit their needs.
Employee Review
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON14 October 2015
A typical day at work consists of delegating sales quotas and productivity reports to sales representatives. Learning payroll, deposit system, and managements duties. Working as a sales manager for five locations, working directly with the CEO collaborating on sales and the future of the business. The interaction between employees and customers would be the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Customer interactionn
Cons
60 to 70 hours a week
Productive and easy to fast-paced
WIND Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 December 2015
I liked the hours given to me but my transportation was a little tough especially with Calgary transit. I loved the people I worked with and we had a respectful environment. The only problem that led to our team disintegrating (quitting) was due to our team lead that didn't respect us and caused us to hate working with her. She used to make up stories that makes the team look bad and tell it to our store manager who always took her side. Other than that I liked working in such an environment and Im looking for a similar job.
Pros
Good hours, friendly environment, team work and good breaks.
Cons
Team lead
Wind mobile Service Specialist
Part-time Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 November 2015
Mostly interactions with current and potential Customers.
Customer service skills, and New gadget technoligies, Team play required in this field.
Pros
Service
Cons
Salary
Very Productive and the environment is very encouraging and helpful
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2013
Every day is challenging because we have to be on our toes, and get the work done.

I have learned to cope with the pressure and demands of the job.

Management is very organized and very co-operative, with highly skilled and innovative people around.

The hardest part of the job is delays in getting the work done to cope with it.

The most enjoyable part of the job is as a tester you are involved at every phase of SDLC
Pros
Free lunches, Pot luck, Fundraising events
Marketing in direct selling
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 February 2016
Involved in building customer relationships by providing prompt and exceptional sales and after sales service. working with customers to understand their needs and recommend the best solution.
Amazing opportunities for exposure in a start-up environment
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 July 2012
Great place to work if you are looking for a lot of exposure and experience in a fast paced business

Maybe not the best if you are looking for an easy 9-5 type atmosphere

People work long hours, but have the opportunity to learn more in a short time than most do in their entire careers at large companies

Hard, rewarding work
Pros
experience, exposure, start-up atmosphere
Cons
work/life, stability, structure (if you care about these things)
fun place to work at a mall and get to meet many customers
Sales Representative/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bridlewood MALL,TORONTO, ON2 February 2016
You never feel the hour pass, you're always occupied by selling and making sales and closing them, you forget you missed lunch. Its worth it when you see your pay cheque.
NA
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 October 2015
This was also another great job to have, the other coworkers were great to be around and the management was awesome. The customers were also fun to handle.
Sales Associate at Wind Mobile is decent.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansdowne Mall in Richmond30 May 2014
Due to the reason of being a dealer Wind Mobile franchise store, their security is not done well. Also often work alone and see thefts.

I have gained cash handling skills, sales skills, management skills, and able to learn different phone systems and plans. I love building customer relationships and learn different tactics of approaching customers. The flexibility of my hours are sometimes an issue during school, but overall is decent.

The hardest part of this job is the security of the store. There are not any security cameras and are also short of staff. Corporate Wind Mobile are required to be paid commission on sales but this dealer Wind Mobile fails to do so.

Objections from customers

Some customer would walk in inquiring about using Iphone with our network but unfortunately we do not support the frequency for Iphone. So some customers might become angry and complain to me. I would smile and keep telling them the benefits of our plans and other phones as well. Also I would consistent remind the customers that we understand and value their opinions. In this particular situation, I provided a pay to go plan for them to try out our plan for a month. If they like it, they could come back. Generally, they were happy with this suggestion.
Pros
Skill learnt, customer relationships, service and time flexibility
Cons
Short of employees and management personnels, security, commission, and long hours ( sometimes I work 10 hours a day alone)
Performance oriented work culture
Corporate Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2015
The company gives you total freedom to handle your job on your own and had a good performance oriented culture. However work life balance is average and growth opportunities can be a challenge.
Greeter (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 August 2015
Staff was great, very goal oriented and welcoming. I enjoyed coming into work everyday, greeting people and talking to them about new promotions and trying to understand what they wanted from the company. I enjoyed my time there very much.
Pros
Amazing place to work
Cons
Seasonal