WIND MOBILE Employee Reviews in Canada

Associate (Former Employee) –  missiJune 13, 2016
Overall, learned multiple skills to help start an area of work. The experience allowed me to get an insight of the retail life
Marketing in direct selling
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Involved in building customer relationships by providing prompt and exceptional sales and after sales service. working with customers to understand their needs and recommend the best solution.
Employee Review
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONOctober 14, 2015
A typical day at work consists of delegating sales quotas and productivity reports to sales representatives. Learning payroll, deposit system, and managements duties. Working as a sales manager for five locations, working directly with the CEO collaborating on sales and the future of the business. The interaction between employees and customers would be the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Customer interactionn
Cons
60 to 70 hours a week
Fun place with great people
TEAM LEAD & ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCOctober 9, 2015
Amazing place to work at!
Great employees, management is very considerate. A lot of advancement opportunities if you show that you want to grow with the company. I started as a sales rep, moved up to asst manager.
fun place to work at a mall and get to meet many customers
Sales Representative/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bridlewood MALL,TORONTO, ONFebruary 2, 2016
You never feel the hour pass, you're always occupied by selling and making sales and closing them, you forget you missed lunch. Its worth it when you see your pay cheque.
Co-workers are awesome, lengthy/semi-boring training, salary and benefits are not competitive and satisfying
Wind Specialist (Former Employee) –  CanadaJuly 26, 2012
Typical day at work: Sell cellphones and plans..Deal with a large number of warranty issues and network complaints.

Hardest part of the job: Fixing customer service call-center mistakes, Unhappy customers yelling at you for the service they receive.

Most enjoyable part of the job: When it's not busy, you get to chill with your co-workers.
Pros
free unlimited phone service as long as you worked there.
Cons
short-staffed. if someone got sick, and there was only you two scheduled for that day, there are not shift differentials, customers yelling at you for mistakes you did not make, lengthy training, salary and commission is the worst.
Flexibility and fun in the workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 9, 2014
Generally at a wind store, a sales associate work alone that means one person handle whole store. Overall, the job was satisfactory. Manager was helpful and understanding. The best part of the job was talking to customers, make them understands the plans and how they will get benefit.

I remember a rainy day when three men came running to the store all wet and one of them started yelling at me. According to him, his new phone wasn't working. I checked the phone. The phone was only locked. I unlocked and handover the phone to him. All guys started laughing at him.
Pros
half hour lunch break on salary
Cons
immediate change in work schedule
great manager; terrible company
Full-Time Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 26, 2015
although the manager did everything they could for the staff, the company is managed by unfair people. great co-workers, great training provided by manager, but effort was never rewarded by upper management and job security was non existent. constant accusations made to reps of top performing stores.
Pros
supportive store manager
Cons
poor ownership; work politics
s
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONOctober 25, 2014
going into work was stressful enough, also work load was meant for a full staff when there was a fraction of a full staff working. as well as management constantly changing. as previous management would resign from position .
benefits
Cons
poor management skills
Fun part of contracting Challenges presented to you everyday,
Sr. Unix/Storage Admin (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 27, 2015
getting approval in time is rare. working with co - worker is always fun as you learn and teach more skills with them and to them. clear your concepts.
working with difficult personality manager and co -worker and have to tell them politely how we can accomplish this thing without getting our of track.
Pros
fun and learn
Cons
disappinting your values to co. get zero if not rightly use.
Great Benefits
Level 2 Social Media Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 5, 2015
WIND Mobile had great benefits, however the Windsor office was not run smoothly. There was not a clear set of rules and there was not an HR Department.
NA
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 5, 2015
This was also another great job to have, the other coworkers were great to be around and the management was awesome. The customers were also fun to handle.
Exciting workplace with lots of opportunities to learn
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 25, 2015
I loved working at Wind. All the teammates were friendly and always helped when needed. The pay and commissions were excellent.
Greeter (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 22, 2015
Staff was great, very goal oriented and welcoming. I enjoyed coming into work everyday, greeting people and talking to them about new promotions and trying to understand what they wanted from the company. I enjoyed my time there very much.
Pros
Amazing place to work
Cons
Seasonal
Sales Associate at Wind Mobile is decent.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansdowne Mall in RichmondMay 30, 2014
Due to the reason of being a dealer Wind Mobile franchise store, their security is not done well. Also often work alone and see thefts.

I have gained cash handling skills, sales skills, management skills, and able to learn different phone systems and plans. I love building customer relationships and learn different tactics of approaching customers. The flexibility of my hours are sometimes an issue during school, but overall is decent.

The hardest part of this job is the security of the store. There are not any security cameras and are also short of staff. Corporate Wind Mobile are required to be paid commission on sales but this dealer Wind Mobile fails to do so.

Objections from customers

Some customer would walk in inquiring about using Iphone with our network but unfortunately we do not support the frequency for Iphone. So some customers might become angry and complain to me. I would smile and keep telling them the benefits of our plans and other phones as well. Also I would consistent remind the customers that we understand and value their opinions. In this particular situation, I provided a pay to go plan for them to try out our plan for a month. If they like it, they could come back. Generally, they were happy with this suggestion.
Pros
skill learnt, customer relationships, service and time flexibility
Cons
short of employees and management personnels, security, commission, and long hours ( sometimes i work 10 hours a day alone)
Motivating workplace
Sales Representative & Technical Support (Former Employee) –  OttawaAugust 17, 2015
I have benefited from this customer-facing position a lot. The daily work is not only full of routines but also challenges. I have learnt how to do daily inventory check, to deal with various customers and diverse needs from them, to offer great customer experience and to extend our monthly sales targets. I enjoyed working with my lovely co-workers and managers because we were always encouraging and helping each other as much as we could.
Fast paced work environment
Manager on duty (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONNovember 4, 2015
Great place to work for a part time student. Young dynamic sales team. Very fast paced environment. Have to be good with handling objections
Productive and nice platform to improve communication skills
Sales Representative (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ONSeptember 30, 2015
It involves a lot of communication skills and inter personal relationship development with customers. Requires to have sound knowledge about selling and marketing of phones.
Pros
flexibility of working hours
Cons
sometimes hectic
Good place to work long term
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 4, 2014
My experience here has been great. I've learned a lot of new skills and technology. Employers are fair to employees and benefits are great. Good place to work for a starter job.
Laid back atmosphere with little supervision.
Customer Loyalty Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 29, 2013
Worked there for almost 2 years and things were great for a while. Corporate jobs are always great for steady hours and benefits, but call centres are not for everyone. This was one of the better call centres Ive seen though.