WIND MOBILE Employee Reviews

Good company to work.
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 July 2016
Wind is the best company I had worked with so much opportunity to learn new technologies. Highly recommend to join for stable carrier & better growth.
Co-workers are awesome, lengthy/semi-boring training, salary and benefits are not competitive and satisfying
Wind Specialist (Former Employee) –  Canada26 July 2012
Typical day at work: Sell cellphones and plans..Deal with a large number of warranty issues and network complaints.

Hardest part of the job: Fixing customer service call-center mistakes, Unhappy customers yelling at you for the service they receive.

Most enjoyable part of the job: When it's not busy, you get to chill with your co-workers.
Pros
free unlimited phone service as long as you worked there.
Cons
short-staffed. if someone got sick, and there was only you two scheduled for that day, there are not shift differentials, customers yelling at you for mistakes you did not make, lengthy training, salary and commission is the worst.
Flexibility and fun in the workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 May 2014
Generally at a wind store, a sales associate work alone that means one person handle whole store. Overall, the job was satisfactory. Manager was helpful and understanding. The best part of the job was talking to customers, make them understands the plans and how they will get benefit.

I remember a rainy day when three men came running to the store all wet and one of them started yelling at me. According to him, his new phone wasn't working. I checked the phone. The phone was only locked. I unlocked and handover the phone to him. All guys started laughing at him.
Pros
half hour lunch break on salary
Cons
immediate change in work schedule
good environment
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 July 2016
I am working at WIND mobile on a contract. It has a positive environment and a great team. Also got a chance to learn about people and their work.
zqzzzzz...
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 June 2016
the toughest part of this job is to explain customer that the coverage is pretty low as compared to other companies which gives you hard time.
wind
Workforce Analyst Real Time Adherence Specialist (Current Employee) –  toronto27 June 2015
management skills lacking,favoritism long hours,great location
great benifits. management can be sneaky,no advancement
Productive Company
o RF Performance Network Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2016
Productive Company and very good environment.

I am learning every day a new thing.

very good management.

coworkers are very good.
Pros
very good environment
Fun workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 April 2016
- Very helpful team environment
- Managers are very involved and helpful
- Very understanding management towards school importance and accommodations
- Customers are very interesting and tend to pass the time through their experience.
Associate (Former Employee) –  missi13 June 2016
Overall, learned multiple skills to help start an area of work. The experience allowed me to get an insight of the retail life
fun environment
Customer Facing Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2016
the work culture during working there was amazing. Very fun, laid back relaxed. created an atmosphere of easy going which allowed for great customer experience
Very Productive and great workplace
Sales Associate/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC18 May 2016
Great company if you love being a sales associate. Must have great customer service skills and be able to provide a customer with everything they need.
s
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 October 2014
going into work was stressful enough, also work load was meant for a full staff when there was a fraction of a full staff working. as well as management constantly changing. as previous management would resign from position .
benefits
Cons
Poor Management skills
Wonderful place to work
Sales Associate-Full Time (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 January 2016
Management is awesome and a lot of hiring done within the company. Lots of opportunities for advancement. Definitely recommend.
Sales Associate at Wind Mobile is decent.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansdowne Mall in Richmond30 May 2014
Due to the reason of being a dealer Wind Mobile franchise store, their security is not done well. Also often work alone and see thefts.

I have gained cash handling skills, sales skills, management skills, and able to learn different phone systems and plans. I love building customer relationships and learn different tactics of approaching customers. The flexibility of my hours are sometimes an issue during school, but overall is decent.

The hardest part of this job is the security of the store. There are not any security cameras and are also short of staff. Corporate Wind Mobile are required to be paid commission on sales but this dealer Wind Mobile fails to do so.

Objections from customers

Some customer would walk in inquiring about using Iphone with our network but unfortunately we do not support the frequency for Iphone. So some customers might become angry and complain to me. I would smile and keep telling them the benefits of our plans and other phones as well. Also I would consistent remind the customers that we understand and value their opinions. In this particular situation, I provided a pay to go plan for them to try out our plan for a month. If they like it, they could come back. Generally, they were happy with this suggestion.
Pros
Skill learnt, customer relationships, service and time flexibility
Cons
Short of employees and management personnels, security, commission, and long hours ( sometimes I work 10 hours a day alone)
It is alright but it is not great
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  1450 Clark Ave W, Thornhill, ON L4J 7R4, CANADA23 October 2015
It is a standing job so there's a lot of that because we don't really get chairs. The pay is minimum wage so for anyone with certifications and backgrounds you may wanna consider something else. Good for anyone trying to build customer service experience and learn to deal with difficult customers. The overall team is different based on location I personally found mine to be quite rude and vulgar towards customers and other staff. There were also problems with the payroll setup and a lot of wireless issues that need to be sorted out at higher levels. I can tell not everyone is putting in 100% of the effort.
Pros
sale comissions, free cellphone line, subsity on cellphones, slow paced environment
Cons
tireing, staff is not polite, bad management, faulty systems, poor co-ordiation, lack of respect, too carefree
Fast Paced Customer Service
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 January 2016
Typical day in the office would be non-stop calls to assist customers with their need with our company, whether it be from helping explain a bill to creating a whole new account.

I learned a lot about advancing my customer service skills to better enhance to customers experience.

Although I do not enjoy being yelled at by stranger about issues I could not control, i did enjoy being able to do my best to help them and fix what ever concerns or problems they have.
Pros
Great Managment
Cons
Sitting all day
Laid back atmosphere with little supervision.
Customer Loyalty Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 November 2013
Worked there for almost 2 years and things were great for a while. Corporate jobs are always great for steady hours and benefits, but call centres are not for everyone. This was one of the better call centres Ive seen though.
Productive and easy to fast-paced
WIND Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 December 2015
I liked the hours given to me but my transportation was a little tough especially with Calgary transit. I loved the people I worked with and we had a respectful environment. The only problem that led to our team disintegrating (quitting) was due to our team lead that didn't respect us and caused us to hate working with her. She used to make up stories that makes the team look bad and tell it to our store manager who always took her side. Other than that I liked working in such an environment and Im looking for a similar job.
Pros
Good hours, friendly environment, team work and good breaks.
Cons
Team lead
Good place to work long term
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 September 2014
My experience here has been great. I've learned a lot of new skills and technology. Employers are fair to employees and benefits are great. Good place to work for a starter job.
Great Benefits
Level 2 Social Media Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 February 2015
WIND Mobile had great benefits, however the Windsor office was not run smoothly. There was not a clear set of rules and there was not an HR Department.