WIND MOBILE Employee Reviews in Canada

Employee Review
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONOctober 14, 2015
A typical day at work consists of delegating sales quotas and productivity reports to sales representatives. Learning payroll, deposit system, and managements duties. Working as a sales manager for five locations, working directly with the CEO collaborating on sales and the future of the business. The interaction between employees and customers would be the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Customer interactionn
Cons
60 to 70 hours a week
Associate (Former Employee) –  missiJune 13, 2016
Overall, learned multiple skills to help start an area of work. The experience allowed me to get an insight of the retail life
Productive Company
o RF Performance Network Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 30, 2016
Productive Company and very good environment.

I am learning every day a new thing.

very good management.

coworkers are very good.
Pros
very good environment
fun environment
Customer Facing Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
the work culture during working there was amazing. Very fun, laid back relaxed. created an atmosphere of easy going which allowed for great customer experience
Wind mobile Service Specialist
Part-time Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONNovember 30, 2015
Mostly interactions with current and potential Customers.
Customer service skills, and New gadget technoligies, Team play required in this field.
Pros
Service
Cons
Salary
Marketing in direct selling
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Involved in building customer relationships by providing prompt and exceptional sales and after sales service. working with customers to understand their needs and recommend the best solution.
fun place to work at a mall and get to meet many customers
Sales Representative/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bridlewood MALL,TORONTO, ONFebruary 2, 2016
You never feel the hour pass, you're always occupied by selling and making sales and closing them, you forget you missed lunch. Its worth it when you see your pay cheque.
NA
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 5, 2015
This was also another great job to have, the other coworkers were great to be around and the management was awesome. The customers were also fun to handle.
Greeter (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 22, 2015
Staff was great, very goal oriented and welcoming. I enjoyed coming into work everyday, greeting people and talking to them about new promotions and trying to understand what they wanted from the company. I enjoyed my time there very much.
Pros
Amazing place to work
Cons
Seasonal
Very enjoyable and learning experience.
Completed internship (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2012
The day usually started off with all the employees updating themselves with the inventory , the latest plans and any special promotions. I would help customers throughout the day with their various needs and finding solutions to any problems. I was also responsible for the cash till closing at the end of the day as well as preparing a detailed report about the days sales, inventory requirements etc. The hardest part of the job was pacifying customers who had somehow landed themselves with big bills. The most enjoyable part was dealing with people from different cultures and finding the perfect product that would suit their needs.
Performance oriented work culture
Corporate Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2015
The company gives you total freedom to handle your job on your own and had a good performance oriented culture. However work life balance is average and growth opportunities can be a challenge.
Fun part of contracting Challenges presented to you everyday,
Sr. Unix/Storage Admin (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 27, 2015
getting approval in time is rare. working with co - worker is always fun as you learn and teach more skills with them and to them. clear your concepts.
working with difficult personality manager and co -worker and have to tell them politely how we can accomplish this thing without getting our of track.
Pros
fun and learn
Cons
disappinting your values to co. get zero if not rightly use.
Very Productive and the environment is very encouraging and helpful
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 22, 2013
Every day is challenging because we have to be on our toes, and get the work done.

I have learned to cope with the pressure and demands of the job.

Management is very organized and very co-operative, with highly skilled and innovative people around.

The hardest part of the job is delays in getting the work done to cope with it.

The most enjoyable part of the job is as a tester you are involved at every phase of SDLC
Pros
free lunches, pot luck, fundraising events
Cons
Exciting workplace with lots of opportunities to learn
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 25, 2015
I loved working at Wind. All the teammates were friendly and always helped when needed. The pay and commissions were excellent.
Amazing opportunities for exposure in a start-up environment
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2012
Great place to work if you are looking for a lot of exposure and experience in a fast paced business

Maybe not the best if you are looking for an easy 9-5 type atmosphere

People work long hours, but have the opportunity to learn more in a short time than most do in their entire careers at large companies

Hard, rewarding work
Pros
experience, exposure, start-up atmosphere
Cons
work/life, stability, structure (if you care about these things)
Sales Associate at Wind Mobile is decent.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansdowne Mall in RichmondMay 30, 2014
Due to the reason of being a dealer Wind Mobile franchise store, their security is not done well. Also often work alone and see thefts.

I have gained cash handling skills, sales skills, management skills, and able to learn different phone systems and plans. I love building customer relationships and learn different tactics of approaching customers. The flexibility of my hours are sometimes an issue during school, but overall is decent.

The hardest part of this job is the security of the store. There are not any security cameras and are also short of staff. Corporate Wind Mobile are required to be paid commission on sales but this dealer Wind Mobile fails to do so.

Objections from customers

Some customer would walk in inquiring about using Iphone with our network but unfortunately we do not support the frequency for Iphone. So some customers might become angry and complain to me. I would smile and keep telling them the benefits of our plans and other phones as well. Also I would consistent remind the customers that we understand and value their opinions. In this particular situation, I provided a pay to go plan for them to try out our plan for a month. If they like it, they could come back. Generally, they were happy with this suggestion.
Pros
skill learnt, customer relationships, service and time flexibility
Cons
short of employees and management personnels, security, commission, and long hours ( sometimes i work 10 hours a day alone)
I enjoy working with the customer on the floor by helping them with their needs & i feel happy when they r satisfy with my solutions.
WIND SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  lONDON ONFebruary 1, 2015
Every day is a new day of experience to learn & get solutions but i like to learn as much as i can for the benefit of my self & my job what i am doing. in the job main back bone is u r management how much they belive u at the position u r & help them to grow their bussiness in the market & handel the sutiation in the need.we have to unerstand each other when we r in some organization with co-workers hardest part of job is when we r helpless to do any thing to the customer & say "NO" because of some policies.
Pros
paid lunch hours
Cons
overtime
Good work-life balance
Financial Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto,ONJune 10, 2015
Co-workers are amiable.Lean company, no room for slackers.
management should learn to set more motivating rewards and bench marks for employees.Hardest part of the job is every one here is irreplacable and working to capacity - so hard to cover for absent employees.
Pros
By the water
Cons
Long Commute to get to work
Motivating workplace
Sales Representative & Technical Support (Former Employee) –  OttawaAugust 17, 2015
I have benefited from this customer-facing position a lot. The daily work is not only full of routines but also challenges. I have learnt how to do daily inventory check, to deal with various customers and diverse needs from them, to offer great customer experience and to extend our monthly sales targets. I enjoyed working with my lovely co-workers and managers because we were always encouraging and helping each other as much as we could.
Fast paced work environment
Manager on duty (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONNovember 4, 2015
Great place to work for a part time student. Young dynamic sales team. Very fast paced environment. Have to be good with handling objections