WIND MOBILE Employee Reviews

L2 Desktop Support Analyst
L2 Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 25, 2013
Responsible with IT support for all corporate Wind Mobile IT infrastructure in Canada and ensured proper maintenance
 Responded to service requests and expediently resolved tickets to maximize system uptime. Resolving 97% of
all tickets without escalation to support specialists
 In charge of supporting 5000+ employees all over Canada, corporate stores and offices
 Deployed workstations and peripheral, installing OS, apps and configuring network properties and hardware
 Supported disaster recovery plans, performed regular backups and created images on WDS. Performed
maintenance and troubleshooting of POS systems, broad experience in RQ4 and SingleView
 Outperformed peers by maintaining outstanding record of technical support service
 Substantially increased security and performance of systems by initiating installation of new anti-virus software
and critical operating system updates
 Dispatch Break/Fix Services for desktops, laptops, netbooks and peripherals
 Significantly reduced workstation set up time by developing a disk cloning procedure to streamline operating
system implementation and security configuration
 Planned, prepared and implemented infrastructure for new upcoming stores
 Produced and shared well-written communications and documentation
 Updating the call logging system with call detail, schedules fault resolution, and keeping all affected parties
aware of progress
Sales Associate at Wind Mobile is decent.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansdowne Mall in RichmondMay 30, 2014
Due to the reason of being a dealer Wind Mobile franchise store, their security is not done well. Also often work alone and see thefts.

I have gained cash handling skills, sales skills, management skills, and able to learn different phone systems and plans. I love building customer relationships and learn different tactics of approaching customers. The flexibility of my hours are sometimes an issue during school, but overall is decent.

The hardest part of this job is the security of the store. There are not any security cameras and are also short of staff. Corporate Wind Mobile are required to be paid commission on sales but this dealer Wind Mobile fails to do so.

Objections from customers

Some customer would walk in inquiring about using Iphone with our network but unfortunately we do not support the frequency for Iphone. So some customers might become angry and complain to me. I would smile and keep telling them the benefits of our plans and other phones as well. Also I would consistent remind the customers that we understand and value their opinions. In this particular situation, I provided a pay to go plan for them to try out our plan for a month. If they like it, they could come back. Generally, they were happy with this suggestion.
Pros
skill learnt, customer relationships, service and time flexibility
Cons
short of employees and management personnels, security, commission, and long hours ( sometimes i work 10 hours a day alone)
Fantastic Place to Work
WIND Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONMarch 22, 2015
WIND Mobile has been one of the most enjoyable retail jobs that I've ever had.

A typical day at WIND would include helping customers learn about plans, paying phone bills, topping up accounts, and activating new and existing accounts.

I learned valuable sales techniques, more about the mobile phone industry in Canada, and better customer service skills

Store managers and field coaches are amazing, laid back and easy to talk to. It would be nice if the district manager was more available.

Co-workers quickly become friends that you hang out with outside of work.

The hardest parts of the job would be dealing with unusual customer problems and having to direct them to the retail support team and shipping cell phones our for warranty.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be meeting new customers and helping them activate their accounts and getting recognized by co-workers and the store manager.
Pros
flexible schedules, cool managers, awesome coworkers, nice customers (sometimes), low sales stress, playing around with new gadgets.
Cons
standing around in the kiosk for the majority of your shift, too many staff meetings, commission structure is decent, but low compared to other phone companies in the industry, having to call the support team 24/7 can get annoying, hot and heavy oxford uniform shirts, extremely slow days.
Friendly, dynamic and energetic Environment
Network Quality and Roaming Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 19, 2014
My days starts with friendly, dynamic and energetic Environment.
It was a great opportunity to improve my roaming and core knowledge. Daily work and perform tests with probing and tracing tools keeps me update and more expert for trouble shooting.
Our manager gave this space to me to expand my managerial skilled and participant in all top level meetings.
All my co-workers are youth and educated, although the managers are experienced and we can learn form them very much.
the most hardest part of my job was the beginning days, which I should accomplished with various tools I haven't work with them previously.
I enjoyed my job because every day I faced with a new experience and I had to troubleshoot and study on it. also there was a very wide job tasks, including coordination with foreigner operators, vendors, carriers and other internal departments.
Pros
high capability of learning, lots of opportunity to use new techncial tools
WIND Mobile Review
Acting Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 8, 2013
• Manage daily operations of retail store including inventory management, customer service and sales training, performance development and resource management
• Learned how to manage all types of customers of all types. Some happy, and some unhappy.
• Worked along side management teams from other store locations and provided the support to my team and other stores to ensure the productivity of our daily sales throughout our district.
• The hardest part of the job over the past few years has been the lack of communication between, our support teams, and management to the store manages to ensure the best results monthly.
• The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to make sure that all our customers left with the same customer experience. And being able to back and support my team to meet monthly goals.
Pros
being able to provide clients with the best support possible based on their needs
Cons
communication from management, support personnel
Relaxed workplace with mutual respect and appreciation.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 8, 2014
Manage multiple customer calls and concerns with adjustments and details to customer accounts. Answer the phones, get an understanding of the customer's issue and address and resolve this issue while recording all steps taken to help the customer with their issue during the call.

Management works well with all employees to meet the needs of the demanding schedule changes and to accommodate all the employees with all needs. The management makes it easy to ask for help and communicate with the other employees with making everyone feel important and relative to the daily operations in the office.

The hardest part of the job and learning to take the anger and frustration the customer's have and educating them on their concerns without upsetting already upset customer's more and being compassionate to the situation with understanding.
Pros
quarterly bonuses
Cons
schedule
Great Company in Process of Changing the Industry
Warranty Centre FT Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 27, 2014
Wind Mobile has been the first successful company to make a dent in the telecommunications monopoly in Canada. I enjoyed being able to discuss about changes and opportunities Wind has to offer with clientele. I learned that although there are doubters across the country about this company, there is a huge market that Wind has been able to grasp and allure with their product. SALES was the most important objective at my job, but I learned that in order to be successful at this job is that you must learn to make conversation with your customer. The hardest part of the job was to enjoy the work environment with co-workers when your objective is to not work together, but rather be more successful than another. I love the conversation and the personalities I met at Wind, and love to see the growth this company has in Canada as a break through company.
Pros
great product to sell
Cons
ugly uniforms
Excellent managerial experience
Customer Service/ Sales Representative (Retail) (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONJuly 28, 2013
Managed a whole store by myself, which meant i got to decide what plan and promotion would suit customers needs as well as ensuring the store made customers notice our plans and promotions. Responsible for updating current inventory, opening/closing store. Very satisfying job, but that is all it was at the end of the day. If you are looking for a job which is something to help you earn a little spending money or even a pass-time a dealer store would be ideal. However if you are looking for a career or possibly move up in the company, it would be ideal to obtain a position at a corporate store. As well, some dealer stores do not pay commission whereas corporate always does and will probably pay much more commission then a dealer!
Pros
a lot of downtime to work on other things such as school, other work tasks etc.
Cons
was not a corporate store, which means very little room for growth.
Great work enviroment
Full-Time Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, British ColumbiaApril 20, 2014
A typical work day for me would be cashing in the registers, inventory control, trouble-shooting for clients, performing bill payments, organizing the store, house keeping, filing paperwork, etc.

I've become more of a team leader through my position as I was quite shy and more of a follower previously.

The management team has always been wonderful to me. They all pushed me to excel during my time with the company. A lot of support and guidance was given to me.

I had great co-workers beside me. They gave me a lot of support and helped me achieve success with the company.

Hardest part of the job would have to be trouble-shooting for clients. Every client would come in with a different issue and would be handled differently case to case. That being said, trouble-shooting would have to be one of the things I enjoyed a lot. You gain more knowledge through trouble-shooting.
Fun, engaging and challenging.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Albion Mall, Toronto, ONMay 21, 2014
Wind Mobile provided me with a platform to develop my interpersonal skills along with improving my organizational skills and listening skills. The management did a great job of keeping us informed of all the new offers and promos that were being offered to the customers well in advance. Our store had two 2 employees working together at peak timings in order to be able to help everyone who walks into our store. Co-workers were very friendly and accommodating. The job is fairly easy once you figure how to interpret your customers needs, and once you are familiar with all the plans that the company offers,
The most enjoyable part of the job was the need to constantly interact with people around you, this kept us active and energetic.
Pros
commission and awards on reaching the set goal for the store
It is alright but it is not great
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  1450 Clark Ave W, Thornhill, ON L4J 7R4, CANADAOctober 23, 2015
It is a standing job so there's a lot of that because we don't really get chairs. The pay is minimum wage so for anyone with certifications and backgrounds you may wanna consider something else. Good for anyone trying to build customer service experience and learn to deal with difficult customers. The overall team is different based on location I personally found mine to be quite rude and vulgar towards customers and other staff. There were also problems with the payroll setup and a lot of wireless issues that need to be sorted out at higher levels. I can tell not everyone is putting in 100% of the effort.
Pros
sale comissions, free cellphone line, subsity on cellphones, slow paced environment
Cons
tireing, staff is not polite, bad management, faulty systems, poor co-ordiation, lack of respect, too carefree
Fun, exciting workplace with ping pong tables and more
Inbound Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 3, 2013
Wind mobile was an excellent growth experience for me, it was amazing opportunity to be apart of the launch team. Helping to build this company from the very beginning was a great experience. I learned a lot and was given a lot of opportunities to help with the development of policies and procedures. I started off as apart of the customer service team, and then moved to the social media department, and sales retention. After excelling in all those departments I went on to back office and escalations. The management was great with regular feedback I was constantly motivated to apply for more opportunities and develop more skills.
Pros
free lunches and bbqs, flex schedule
Cons
longer shifts/ days
A new company trying to find their way
Wireless Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2013
After 3 years of operation Wind Mobile as an organization is still learning. On the retail side the company puts a lot of pressure on its employees such as, if you do not perform you will get sent home. Or sending action plans to the area managers for not hitting targets, and not getting any feedback. Wind Mobile puts immense pressure on selling, and developing selling behaviour amongst their retail employees. As a telecom company the commissions are very low compared to their competition. The traffic the stores see vary greatly depending on the location.
Pros
flexible hours, easy to take time off
Cons
no communication within the organization, negative selling environment, low commission
Co-workers are awesome, lengthy/semi-boring training, salary and benefits are not competitive and satisfying
Wind Specialist (Former Employee) –  CanadaJuly 26, 2012
Typical day at work: Sell cellphones and plans..Deal with a large number of warranty issues and network complaints.

Hardest part of the job: Fixing customer service call-center mistakes, Unhappy customers yelling at you for the service they receive.

Most enjoyable part of the job: When it's not busy, you get to chill with your co-workers.
Pros
free unlimited phone service as long as you worked there.
Cons
short-staffed. if someone got sick, and there was only you two scheduled for that day, there are not shift differentials, customers yelling at you for mistakes you did not make, lengthy training, salary and commission is the worst.
Productive and dedicated company to be a former employee to.
SQL Data Base Administrator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2014
It is a company of dedication and enthusiasm are exemplified in each employee. Wind Mobile is fun, rewarding and as an added perk, we can wear jeans on Friday! Whether it's giving back to our community or meeting to share our creative ideas, the connections with my fellow colleagues are priceless. From the first step in the door, we are given the commitment and passion to get it right, editorially and visually. This is a company that truly cares about you as a personal individual and wants you to strive for the best. I left each day feeling I have added value to my team, and this is what makes Wind Mobile such a great place to work.
Very enjoyable and learning experience.
Completed internship (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2012
The day usually started off with all the employees updating themselves with the inventory , the latest plans and any special promotions. I would help customers throughout the day with their various needs and finding solutions to any problems. I was also responsible for the cash till closing at the end of the day as well as preparing a detailed report about the days sales, inventory requirements etc. The hardest part of the job was pacifying customers who had somehow landed themselves with big bills. The most enjoyable part was dealing with people from different cultures and finding the perfect product that would suit their needs.
Flexibility and fun in the workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 9, 2014
Generally at a wind store, a sales associate work alone that means one person handle whole store. Overall, the job was satisfactory. Manager was helpful and understanding. The best part of the job was talking to customers, make them understands the plans and how they will get benefit.

I remember a rainy day when three men came running to the store all wet and one of them started yelling at me. According to him, his new phone wasn't working. I checked the phone. The phone was only locked. I unlocked and handover the phone to him. All guys started laughing at him.
Pros
half hour lunch break on salary
Cons
immediate change in work schedule
Excellent Communicator, Great Motivator, Outgoing Personality
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 3, 2014
• Recruit, develop and retain a high-performing sales, service and technical team.
• Create a positive team environment that builds morale and personal esteem.
• Mentor, counsel, coach and support the team by encouraging them to give their best performance.
• Foster a culture of continuous improvement by being proactive and energetic in the work place.
• Demonstrate the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced environment.
• Set clear objectives, monitor progress, take corrective action and control performance levels.
• Determine customer needs and recommend the best solution.
I enjoy working with the customer on the floor by helping them with their needs & i feel happy when they r satisfy with my solutions.
WIND SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  lONDON ONFebruary 1, 2015
Every day is a new day of experience to learn & get solutions but i like to learn as much as i can for the benefit of my self & my job what i am doing. in the job main back bone is u r management how much they belive u at the position u r & help them to grow their bussiness in the market & handel the sutiation in the need.we have to unerstand each other when we r in some organization with co-workers hardest part of job is when we r helpless to do any thing to the customer & say "NO" because of some policies.
Pros
paid lunch hours
Cons
overtime
Productive and easy to fast-paced
WIND Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 20, 2015
I liked the hours given to me but my transportation was a little tough especially with Calgary transit. I loved the people I worked with and we had a respectful environment. The only problem that led to our team disintegrating (quitting) was due to our team lead that didn't respect us and caused us to hate working with her. She used to make up stories that makes the team look bad and tell it to our store manager who always took her side. Other than that I liked working in such an environment and Im looking for a similar job.
Pros
Good hours, friendly environment, team work and good breaks.
Cons
Team lead