WIND MOBILE Employee Reviews

Ok for a part-time job
Sales Rep/Warranty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 September 2016
Working for WIND Mobile was not a bad place to go when I was looking for part-time work. It gave decent, stable hours with holidays off, but was open on the weekends for a few hours. Unfortunately there was no benefits as they would not allow for more than two people to be full time at any given store which usually was only the Manager and Assistant Manager.
Great team work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 January 2017
Good team, good management and supportive crew. Sales targets were not too high and were met easily. Commission was good and the best part about this job was closing the deal. It was more fun than it actually sounds.
Pros
Company dinners
Cons
Setting new standards providing hassale free wireless
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2017
New company therefore, alot of room for improvement but management serious in regards to input from the from line staff,
Ample career opportunities presented to advance one's career.
Team oriented and exciting workplace that provides different challenges
Key-holder/Wind Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2016
A typical day working at Wind Mobile includes communicating knowledge about Wind Mobile plans and phones to provide solutions to customer needs. This also includes sales where I have worked with other Wind Specialist to be able to close sales as well as triage and provide solutions to concerned customers. The hardest part of the job is organization in regards to small kiosk. The most enjoyable part is working with my co-workers as well as being able to teach customers about mobile devices in which we can show them the advantages of different phones. I also enjoyed mentoring newer co-workers to be able to also succeed in this sales environment.
Pros
Commissions, bonuses, Team environment
Cons
Staff Turnover
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 February 2017
• Responded to and resolved on average 42 technical-support calls per shift
• Escalated and delegated calls to appropriate team to ensure first-call resolution
• Applied a high degree of emotional intelligence to listen and diagnose the client’s needs in order to provide effective solutions
• Worked morning and night shift to accommodate department’s schedule needs and personally followed-up with customers to ensure resolution
wirless inc wind mobile dealer
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario22 December 2016
it is the worst company ever you should work these people just rip the customers and make money by fooling around them they even train employees to rip the customers. it is the worst dealer in Ontario, the wind should take some serious action against this dealership.
Pros
worst dealer
Cons
good fooling skills
Good start up company with questionable upper management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2016
Good start up company but they have issues with communication mainly from upper management. They don't know how to treat their employees and only see them as numbers.
Pros
Good benefits program
Cons
Terrible communication from support personel
love what im doing just not the position
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON27 December 2016
working there is ok helping people is great but its not enough money and not enough hours i want to be in a bigger company. what im doing just not the position.
Good
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2016
It was very good working with this company. There was very nice work culture and it was great to be part of this organisation
Too busy and short staffed. No benefits
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC13 December 2015
If you work part time at Wind Mobile Corporate store you do not receive any work benefits. No medical and dental. You work long hours being part-time.
Pros
Didn't pay for phone plan
Cons
Short staffed. worked long hours
Great experience
Customer Service Care (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 December 2016
I love working for Wind Mobile great experience learn a lot and gain a lot of skills. There is a lot of great people that will help you and will make sure at the end of the day you leave happy.
Great Job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON16 December 2016
Commission is great
Hours are great
There can sometimes be a language barrier with the customers
Other employees are great to work with
Great atomosphere
Small teams provides exposure to multi-departmental tasks
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2016
It's been a pleasure working at WIND. I have learnt a lot since i joined the company as a Sales Associate. Unfortunately since I moved up to corporate I have had 4 managers and out of the four, the third one was beneficial to my career growth but in 6 months the teams were re-shifted. Now having to start all over to build rapport with the current manager.
Pros
Social Events and WIND community/family bond
Cons
Overworked with limited career growth
In early stages of maturity as a company
Sr. QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2016
WIND Mobile is In early stages of maturity as a company. Still requires more structured processes as far as IT is concerned.
Hard working atmosphere
Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 July 2016
I acquired this job after completing my undergrad, great place to start and learn right out of university. Worked a good amount of hours and was greatly rewarded for it.
Pros
Great training
Call Centre environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 December 2015
Shift work in an inbound call centre in telecommunications. The company has great benefits and this job is good for students.
Great workplace
Wind Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON21 March 2016
Very relaxed environment, with great management within the dealer location I was working for. This job provides growth professionally and personally, and does not cause any sort of stress. (assuming you know what you are doing, lol). The best part about working for this company is the fact that they so heavily focus on customer satisfaction. Working in a place that cares about their customers makes you as an associate care as well. This can also be seen within the "family" like community the WIND dealer stores have. All associates were absolutely fabulous and I have come to truly have friendships with these people. The only difficult part of this job would be becoming adjusted to customer complaints. At first, it all seems overwhelming because you may not know much. I promise you though, after a couple weeks it becomes a breeze.
Pros
Great management
Cons
The uniform
Workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON9 May 2016
Overall Experience is good,cooperative co-workers,top management and fully enjoyable my job.Management is good we are always alert regarding all the promotions and help the customers to choose best service according to their profession.
Productive workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC9 July 2016
A typical 9 hr work schedule per day
Learn to cash handling, deal customers, explain phones
Management is good
No co-workers with when working
Two days per week
Some customers are friendly
Pros
Valuable work experience
Cons
Schedule problems
Fun place to work in with a lot of youth
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2016
Handling client issues, taking care of my portfolio of clients and making sure I am satisfying their needs. I used to have the best supervisor ever, he motivated me and he improved my performance.
Pros
Free cokes
Cons
A lot of pressure