WIND MOBILE Employee Reviews for Retail Assistant Manager

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Awesome
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 September 2017
Great pay back then over 17 per hour. Commission alone I took home 500-1200 more per paycheck, ESPECIALLY holiday time. IF you know some tech savvy information on cell phones or feel like phones are neat or even interesting, then apply to a cellular service.
Pros
cash
Cons
slow days
Team oriented and exciting workplace that provides different challenges
Key-holder/Wind Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2016
A typical day working at Wind Mobile includes communicating knowledge about Wind Mobile plans and phones to provide solutions to customer needs. This also includes sales where I have worked with other Wind Specialist to be able to close sales as well as triage and provide solutions to concerned customers. The hardest part of the job is organization in regards to small kiosk. The most enjoyable part is working with my co-workers as well as being able to teach customers about mobile devices in which we can show them the advantages of different phones. I also enjoyed mentoring newer co-workers to be able to also succeed in this sales environment.
Pros
Commissions, bonuses, Team environment
Cons
Staff Turnover
Decent place to work.
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON28 November 2014
Usually slow days during the week for retail in the Brantford Mall, learned a lot about customer communication. Store manager is great, District manager does not communicate at all, company as a whole for customers is great, not so great as an employee.
Great Company in Process of Changing the Industry
Warranty Centre FT Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 August 2014
Wind Mobile has been the first successful company to make a dent in the telecommunications monopoly in Canada. I enjoyed being able to discuss about changes and opportunities Wind has to offer with clientele. I learned that although there are doubters across the country about this company, there is a huge market that Wind has been able to grasp and allure with their product. SALES was the most important objective at my job, but I learned that in order to be successful at this job is that you must learn to make conversation with your customer. The hardest part of the job was to enjoy the work environment with co-workers when your objective is to not work together, but rather be more successful than another. I love the conversation and the personalities I met at Wind, and love to see the growth this company has in Canada as a break through company.
Pros
Great Product to Sell
Cons
Ugly Uniforms
Fast Paced, Interesting and Ever-changing.
Part-Time Keyholder/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 June 2014
A typical day at work had you dealing with customers of all walks of life and varying levels of technical information that can sometimes complicate things. Management is forward thinking and overall the company offers many perks. The hardest part of the job is the abuse from customers verbally, but by far more enjoyable is the look on people face with their new device!
Pros
free phone plan
Cons
angry customers
Great work enviroment
Full-Time Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, British Columbia20 April 2014
A typical work day for me would be cashing in the registers, inventory control, trouble-shooting for clients, performing bill payments, organizing the store, house keeping, filing paperwork, etc.

I've become more of a team leader through my position as I was quite shy and more of a follower previously.

The management team has always been wonderful to me. They all pushed me to excel during my time with the company. A lot of support and guidance was given to me.

I had great co-workers beside me. They gave me a lot of support and helped me achieve success with the company.

Hardest part of the job would have to be trouble-shooting for clients. Every client would come in with a different issue and would be handled differently case to case. That being said, trouble-shooting would have to be one of the things I enjoyed a lot. You gain more knowledge through trouble-shooting.