Wilson Employee Reviews

sub floor float (Former Employee) –  Minnesota4 October 2016
Good place to work, it closed in 2001 Was flexable in hours to work
Hard work mentaly
was appreciated
little extra rewards watches clocks etc..
Pros
Free food
Cons
hours
Some fun people to work with, but management not good
Senior Project Manager/Transportation Engineer (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UT19 September 2016
Challenging work with Design-Build projects. The overtime was excessive and many times they didn't want to pay to have you work overtime. They don't practice the "Higher Relationships" they profess.
Pros
Challenging and diverse
Cons
Management issues
Fun and engaging work
Founder, Owner and Operator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH7 September 2016
Working as an independent consultant, trainer and coach with leaders through Wilson Development was enjoyable, challenging and very rewarding. I learned to develop leaders from diverse backgrounds and skill sets as well consult with organizations of many types.
Pros
Open work schedule, freedom to innovate, leadership support
Cons
Upstart so missing some perks like provided clientel/business
good support from staff
AP English Lit., English IV, Honors 10, ESL (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC25 April 2016
The multi cultural environment with students from 85 nations who spoke over 30 languages was indeed stimulating and sometimes challenging.

The hardest part of the job was having 5 reviews a year. I fared well under them while other teachers did not. While it keeps teachers on their toes, it also creates a fear culture.

When I was able to retire, I moved on to another job.
Pros
multi-culture environment
Great
Lawn Care (Current Employee) –  Godfrey, IL11 August 2016
Great, friendly, nice guys. Completely willing to much of anything you ask. Just very professional people. I'd recommend them to all my friends and family.
offers job stability
A/P Litigation Disbursement Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NY30 December 2012
A typical work day consists of my two rolls of Litigation Disbursement Clerk and petty cash maintenance. Enjoy the consistent busy work environment but want to apply my knowledge to further opportunities. I recently relocated to our Midtown office and now work separately from my co-workers, whom I must remain in contact with daily to properly perform our work functions. The most enjoyable part is the interaction with customers both in and out of the office, and the appreciation they demonstrate once I have assisted them.
Pros
excellent perks - paid time off, 401k
Cons
unallowed time off during holidays, no room for advancement, meager pay
no advancement
Assistant Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA28 August 2015
great company but no room for advancement. There are limited openings for positions. No pay raises available. Salary based.
Pros
structured
benefits
loved every minute of my summer job
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Willis, TX30 January 2013
any plumbing needs no problem. this company has the best plumber around. 38 years experience he taught me everything in just a couple months before i had to go back to school. the hardest part of the job was lifting un drainable water heaters out of the attic! that and leaving. it broke my heart. i take dearly all my hard work i put into a company to make them a better experience for the customers. i loved helping each individual customer fix their needs. to leave them satisfied was the best part of my job.
Pros
good working environment. long hours.
Cons
no benefits.
A company you are free to talk to the CEO of opportunities for improvement
Supply Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rio de Janeiro29 July 2015
Working for an offshore company means working in a fast paced environment.

Supply provisions, spare parts or equipments are always a challenge since time seems to be the most important requirement. Then we need to work under pressure all the time.

The environment among co-works would be nice if they were not encouraged to be extremely competitives.

The hardest part is dealing with people who is not aware of the core business of the company, what interferes a lot on our daily rotine.

But what I enjoy most is to work in a discipline I like so much.
Pros
Career opportunity
Cons
Lack of autonomy for developping your job
Typical CPA firm with lots of work and very little enjoyment.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, CO3 September 2015
My duties were spread over being the receptionist, office "manager", processing financial statements, light bookkeeping, processing tax returns and office supplies and maintenance.

The management and partners of the firm had been around the area for a long time. They were very inflexible, had no sense of humor, and very difficult to communicate with.

Staff accountants and the lady who trained me for my position were very nice, but restrained.

The hardest part of my job there was communicating with the partners.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the lady who trained me. She was a joy.
Pros
Birthday celebrations and a few lunches out with the staff and partners.
Cons
Trying to communicate with individuals who resist communication.
Very Productive , Fun Environment
Representative (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CT17 March 2013
This was my first actual real job while attending a full- time college. Flexible hours, very busy had to make calls to Alumni's of ECSU to fund raise money for school funds.
Pros
fun, new people, breaks
fun, rewarding enviroment
leasing consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL18 January 2016
provide community information such as pricing, availability, and qualifying standards.
Processing of applications for housing/ Background screening.
Input data to generate lease or letters.
Handle tenant complaints.
Move ins/ move outs
Apartment inspections.
Tenant transfers.
Ledger readings.
Pros
tenants, co-workers
Forward Thinking
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Virginia and New York6 December 2013
It was an exciting place to work - excellent training and support.
Pros
Training, benefits, advancement
material coordinator
Materials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houma, LA28 January 2016
sap shipping and receiving, qa and qc al products.inventory, create SAR's and BOLs.Use of overhead crane and forklift daily.driving company truck to fourchon for delieveries.
Purchasing Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TX2 February 2016
Work performed in a purchasing department. Learned shipping and receiving. Large company with nice people. Purchasing department disorganized
Good for free time
Licensed Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX28 September 2015
I took this job so I could have more control of my free time. However, as far as making a living It is quite stressful as the clients aren't reliable so neither are the paychecks as this is a straight commission position.
Pros
Free time, no desk fees, or monthly fees
Cons
Straight commission, not so great leads
productive workplace
Driver/Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Eunice, NM19 January 2015
a daily task landscaping....
picking up trash....curb appeal....grass and weeds trimmed ...roses planted....make coffee every morning for employees and clients....what I hae learned is oilfield supplies are heavier and lots of it....learned warehouse putting away supplies...drive a forklift...pulled pipe trailer...traveled on deliveries beautiful areas of Texas and New Mexico...got to meet lots of people from all over the world......
Pros
great people
Cons
long hours and crazy weather
You re on your own
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NY4 August 2015
This job pays off especially if you have a relationship with patient . You must understand and listen to patient and make the as comfortable as you can. A clean calm atmosphere is important for a patient to recuperate.
Pros
Seeing the patient get well
Cons
Breaks when you can take them
NA
Guest Services - Holiday Inn (Former Employee) –  Dothan, AL10 December 2013
Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Pros
Nice New hotel
Cons
Too many family members involved in business that did not get along .Difficult environment
Staff worker in word processing legal where support was given to proof-readers and attorneys through word processing.
Word Processing Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NY28 May 2012
My day generally started waiting for the supervisor to select work whereas certain categories of work was given to workers commensurate with their ability and willingness to deal with intense work. The toughest part of the job was trying to be thorough and complete with my work as well as staying with the - limits - of the peers. I learned it was time to be on my own. I enjoyed completing tasks and getting a nod of satisfaction from the supervisor and/or the proof-reader.