Wilson Employee Reviews

Fun and engaging work
Founder, Owner and Operator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 7, 2016
Working as an independent consultant, trainer and coach with leaders through Wilson Development was enjoyable, challenging and very rewarding. I learned to develop leaders from diverse backgrounds and skill sets as well consult with organizations of many types.
Pros
Open work schedule, freedom to innovate, leadership support
Cons
Upstart so missing some perks like provided clientel/business
A company you are free to talk to the CEO of opportunities for improvement
Supply Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rio de JaneiroJuly 29, 2015
Working for an offshore company means working in a fast paced environment.

Supply provisions, spare parts or equipments are always a challenge since time seems to be the most important requirement. Then we need to work under pressure all the time.

The environment among co-works would be nice if they were not encouraged to be extremely competitives.

The hardest part is dealing with people who is not aware of the core business of the company, what interferes a lot on our daily rotine.

But what I enjoy most is to work in a discipline I like so much.
Pros
Career opportunity
Cons
Lack of autonomy for developping your job
good support from staff
AP English Lit., English IV, Honors 10, ESL (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 25, 2016
The multi cultural environment with students from 85 nations who spoke over 30 languages was indeed stimulating and sometimes challenging.

The hardest part of the job was having 5 reviews a year. I fared well under them while other teachers did not. While it keeps teachers on their toes, it also creates a fear culture.

When I was able to retire, I moved on to another job.
Pros
multi-culture environment
Great
Lawn Care (Current Employee) –  Godfrey, ILAugust 11, 2016
Great, friendly, nice guys. Completely willing to much of anything you ask. Just very professional people. I'd recommend them to all my friends and family.
Cons
Typical CPA firm with lots of work and very little enjoyment.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COSeptember 3, 2015
My duties were spread over being the receptionist, office "manager", processing financial statements, light bookkeeping, processing tax returns and office supplies and maintenance.

The management and partners of the firm had been around the area for a long time. They were very inflexible, had no sense of humor, and very difficult to communicate with.

Staff accountants and the lady who trained me for my position were very nice, but restrained.

The hardest part of my job there was communicating with the partners.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the lady who trained me. She was a joy.
Pros
Birthday celebrations and a few lunches out with the staff and partners.
Cons
Trying to communicate with individuals who resist communication.
no advancement
Assistant Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 28, 2015
great company but no room for advancement. There are limited openings for positions. No pay raises available. Salary based.
Pros
structured
benefits
fun, rewarding enviroment
leasing consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 18, 2016
provide community information such as pricing, availability, and qualifying standards.
Processing of applications for housing/ Background screening.
Input data to generate lease or letters.
Handle tenant complaints.
Move ins/ move outs
Apartment inspections.
Tenant transfers.
Ledger readings.
Pros
tenants, co-workers
offers job stability
A/P Litigation Disbursement Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 30, 2012
A typical work day consists of my two rolls of Litigation Disbursement Clerk and petty cash maintenance. Enjoy the consistent busy work environment but want to apply my knowledge to further opportunities. I recently relocated to our Midtown office and now work separately from my co-workers, whom I must remain in contact with daily to properly perform our work functions. The most enjoyable part is the interaction with customers both in and out of the office, and the appreciation they demonstrate once I have assisted them.
Pros
excellent perks - paid time off, 401k
Cons
unallowed time off during holidays, no room for advancement, meager pay
material coordinator
Materials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJanuary 28, 2016
sap shipping and receiving, qa and qc al products.inventory, create SAR's and BOLs.Use of overhead crane and forklift daily.driving company truck to fourchon for delieveries.
Purchasing Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXFebruary 2, 2016
Work performed in a purchasing department. Learned shipping and receiving. Large company with nice people. Purchasing department disorganized
loved every minute of my summer job
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Willis, TXJanuary 30, 2013
any plumbing needs no problem. this company has the best plumber around. 38 years experience he taught me everything in just a couple months before i had to go back to school. the hardest part of the job was lifting un drainable water heaters out of the attic! that and leaving. it broke my heart. i take dearly all my hard work i put into a company to make them a better experience for the customers. i loved helping each individual customer fix their needs. to leave them satisfied was the best part of my job.
Pros
good working environment. long hours.
Cons
no benefits.
Good for free time
Licensed Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 28, 2015
I took this job so I could have more control of my free time. However, as far as making a living It is quite stressful as the clients aren't reliable so neither are the paychecks as this is a straight commission position.
Pros
Free time, no desk fees, or monthly fees
Cons
Straight commission, not so great leads
productive workplace
Driver/Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Eunice, NMJanuary 19, 2015
a daily task landscaping....
picking up trash....curb appeal....grass and weeds trimmed ...roses planted....make coffee every morning for employees and clients....what I hae learned is oilfield supplies are heavier and lots of it....learned warehouse putting away supplies...drive a forklift...pulled pipe trailer...traveled on deliveries beautiful areas of Texas and New Mexico...got to meet lots of people from all over the world......
Pros
great people
Cons
long hours and crazy weather
Very Productive , Fun Environment
Representative (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTMarch 17, 2013
This was my first actual real job while attending a full- time college. Flexible hours, very busy had to make calls to Alumni's of ECSU to fund raise money for school funds.
Pros
fun, new people, breaks
Forward Thinking
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Virginia and New YorkDecember 6, 2013
It was an exciting place to work - excellent training and support.
Pros
training, benefits, advancement
You re on your own
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 4, 2015
This job pays off especially if you have a relationship with patient . You must understand and listen to patient and make the as comfortable as you can. A clean calm atmosphere is important for a patient to recuperate.
Pros
Seeing the patient get well
Cons
Breaks when you can take them
Very like able and intelligent people
HVAC Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsboro, INAugust 18, 2013
I worked as a sales estimator, project manager and maintenance account rep. I went from knowing nothing about HVAC to bidding and managing projects from start to finish. Co-workers where very good to be around both at work and on a personal level. This is a small company who stands behind there work.
Pros
knowledge learned
Cons
management liked to play to much
Enjoyed working with my co-workers
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2012
Pulled orders for different oil companies. I learned the different parts of the oil rigs. The management was very respectful. Co-workers were good to work with. The hardest part of the job was to get on full-time. The best part of the job was working 12-13hrs a day, six days a week.
Pros
free lunches on saturdays
Cons
was not able to get on permantent.
Personal Lines Account Manager/Manager (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 4, 2012
I would have stayed with the Agency forever but moved out of the area. I started at the bottom and and was able to work up to management. A very enjoyable experience.
Pros
great work place
Cons
did have another agency in the area i moved
Has a positive atmosphere among the workmates. Networking is good.
Assistant of Financial Manager (Former Employee) –  上海市, C23November 2, 2014
Help with the financial manager to prepare detailed reports on audit findings and made suggestions to improve the company’s accounting and management practices.