Wilson Construction is currently seeking a Quality Control Field Monitor. Wilson Construction incorporates quality control on all of our projects. An essential part of project quality control is facilitated by on-site Quality Control Field Monitors (QCFM). QCFM’s will inspect materials and verify that essential pre-construction site preparations have been met and meet daily with project management to plan for daily activities and ensure that proper inspections and testing are performed.
This position will require extensive travel and temporary relocation to project sites for the duration of that project. A company vehicle will be provided.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Observing and documenting work practices and site conditions;
- Completing necessary QC documentation and forms;
- Becoming familiar with job specifications, prints and project lay-out (Right-of way maps, etc.);
- Meeting with Project Manager and Superintendent to project upcoming work and prepare with relevant spec. or drawing sections;
- Answering questions from the field concerning clarification on project specifications; and
- Performing final inspections on completed features of work.
A successful QCFM candidate will:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, etc.) or Construction Management;
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and an outgoing and positive attitude;
- Be willing and able to travel and relocate to project areas;
- Work efficiently with minimal supervision;
- Be adept at reading and deciphering project specifications and construction documentation including codes, standards, prints and drawings;
- Possess outstanding computer skills; and
- Demonstrate excellent organization skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer, smoke & drug free environment. Successful candidates will be required to pass post-offer drug tests.
Please submit your cover letter & resume via our website through the Opportunities page:
No phone calls please.
No agency referrals please.