Willson International Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive workplace! Makes you feel part of the Willson family
Regulatory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stoney CreekFebruary 9, 2015
I've been working in the Service Department at Willson International for over two years now. Great atmosphere and work environment. I've had the privilege to visit a couple other Willson offices and felt that they would be excellent places to be involved in as well.

Industry leading technology and training provides you with great opportunities to continue your training into more leadership roles.

Excellent group benefit packages, personal time, vacation time.
Pros
great work/personal life balance
A++
Import Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort ErieJanuary 13, 2015
I cannot think of a single complaint to write about Willsons. They make it enjoyable to come into work every day. Great employee’s to work with and amazing management to work for. The communication between Management and workers is prestigious.

Best thing is you are given the opportunity to continuously learn while working!
Inside sales / Operations
Sales (Current Employee) –  MississaugaJanuary 9, 2015
Pros
great hours, flexible
5 years with Willson
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Niagara, ONJanuary 8, 2015
I've been employed with Willson Intl for a little over 5 years, and have worked independently most of that time. Its a great place to work and I've learned a lot from management and colleagues alike. Willson offers a competitive salary, and in my position commission compensation. They offer RRSP sharing and a lot of other perks! Willson is a great company to work for that truly values employees.
Great place to work....good training and nice people!
Inside sales rep (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, OntJanuary 7, 2015
I'm a new employee but the culture here is nurturing and supportive.My co-workers are fun and we are a good TEAM! Management provides training and incentives... a good combination.
Pros
free candy, good training & support
Cool place for entry level candidates
Sales (Current Employee) –  MississaugaJanuary 7, 2015
I love this place, they really want you to succeed. Before this, I was in retail and I thought the transition would be cumbersome given the nature of this job, but it was a breeze! Constant learning, motivation and competition are three things that make Willson the place to be!
Pros
good management, motivation, learn everyday and great family oriented
Inside sales/ business development
sales (Current Employee) –  mississaugaJanuary 5, 2015
This is a great place to work for. Great people, and I am a few steps away from my account executive/VP/manager's office. Besides the countless jokes made about my hockey, I can't think of many issues I have with this company.
Pros
corporate culture, friendly atmosphere
Cons
poor ventilation
Extremely Fun, Family Atmosphere! Amazing Support with Great Benefits!
Manager, Inside Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 4, 2015
From the first interview, every interaction has been a pleasure. The people who work at Willson don't just do their job and go home. We work together, as a true family to provide the best possible service to our customers and employees alike.

Joining the Willson family in a brand new position that had never existed, I have received a tremendous amount of support; from all departments in two countries! The executive team of six, work together in making decisions as well as working directly with their employees.

Working at Willson International is a blast. We celebrate newcomers and anniversaries. We have potlucks, jersey days and lunch & learns. We have an internal social media site that everyone uses! Willson knows how to have fun while remaining professional!
Pros
industry education, part of a family, support, compassion, fun!
horrible
Import Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ONMay 5, 2014
I worked here for a few years. They treat employees like horribly . You always feel graded, and treat you like you are not good enough. They guilt trip you if you cannot work extra hours , and they expect you to do the impossible. The management team is rude and they do not help you , the office is all gossip , and you have to suck up to get anywhere in the company .
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
hard to get days off, expect you to do a certain amount of work an hour, and if you get stuck with problems they dont care . very unprofessional in their culture
exceedingly awful
Import Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ONDecember 12, 2013
Supervisors and the manager always stand over top of you and distract you from your work then they tell you did a great job and everything you do is excellent but then they go behind your back and talk about how much they really hate you. You only get half an hour lunch and if you're late they reem you out. These people have no clue how to run anything when I was in training my trainer sat on skype all day and taught me next to nothing. I would not recommend this job to anyone even if you're desperate.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything, no time to have an actual life outside of your horrible job where you get paid very little
Awful
Border Release Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONAugust 5, 2013
If you enjoy a high stress environment, working your butt off constantly (and I mean you don't even get a break, you don't really have time, but you're actually not allowed at Willsons) for little to no money, than this would be the job for you.

If however you would prefer to be compensated for the amount of work, dedication and hours you put in, I would suggest looking elsewhere.

The management who has since been relieved was nothing short of a tyrant, there's no positive reinforcement there, and no matter how hard you work, it's never hard enough for Willsons! They're also one of the lowest paying brokers in the business, they tried to avert the labor laws and not pay their employees their entitled vacation pay and good workers who have put in the time, loyalty and commitment, are still making barely above minimum wage.

I will say this, the rigorous training at Willson's does teach you a lot about the business. So if you can handle "boot camp" it's a good jumping off point.
Pros
good learning experience, their rigorous training
Cons
see above, low pay, lots of overtime (too much you make no $ from it) poor management
data entry
DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONDecember 18, 2012
thought it was a good place to work, was really busy, never had time for lunch or breaks at all, and you had to eat at your desk to stay caught up. you think you are doing a good job and just like that you get the boot, that's oh k cause karma will come back and bit you in the a@#. didn't feel comfortable sometime there, you do your best and work hard and still get kick in the teeth.
Pros
nothing to say
Cons
no communication