Williams Fresh Cafe Employee Reviews in Canada

loved it
BARISTA/CASHIER superviser (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONMarch 31, 2016
Amazing people, amazing employers.
A typical day would include busing tables, taking orders, doing drive though, making drinks, making food, customer service, and working in a fast paced environment. the people are what I enjoyed most about working here.
Pros
hours, employers
Cons
super busy
Guelph Williams Fresh Cafe
Barista, Cashier, and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONSeptember 30, 2015
These information might be obsolete, given that there's a new owner. A shift typically last for 6-8 hours for day shift, and 4-8 hours for night shift, with 30 minutes break. There's normally 8 people during day shift, and 4-5 people during night shift.
Cons
New owner apparently wasn't as good as the old one.
Productive and fun atmosphere
Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONMay 6, 2014
Williams Fresh Cafe is an excellent work environment.
The staff and customers are always friendly and inviting and my time there has been well appreciated and it was very rewarding
Pros
friendly customers
Cons
no cons
Great staff, but not reliable
Barista (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 15, 2014
I was asked if I wanted a full time or part time position, I asked for full time. Apparently that was great for them. I started off working there with great thoughts about the place and the staff I had the same schedule every week. I worked hard and stayed whenever I was asked.
As time went on, the hours I was getting slowly started reducing. When I questioned about this they said they thought I wouldn't mind and someone else really needed more. I did mind, and I let them know that. I was relying on them to give me the hours I needed. I was making great tips and was never complained about. I was always early and could make it to work to replace someone who called in sick. I was asked to take shifts so much I started getting too busy trying to catch up with my home life I had to start saying no. Then slowly the owners started treating me very bad, and accused me of not doing my job right when the shift manager told them I did everything I was asked.
In the last few weeks of working there, after telling them I needed them to stop giving my hours to the part time staff they watched every move I made and ignored me and gave me horrible looks.
One Friday after my shift I was expecting to go back to work on Monday, but instead over the weekend I got an email replacing my schedule for work, they were firing me.
But since they had no reason to fire me they pretty much put words in my mouth saying I quit.
Horrible owners. I had talked to the manager (who had no problem with my work habits) and was told this isn't the first time they had done this to someone for no reason. And it continued
  more... after I was gone.  less
Pros
friendly staff, flexible hours
Cons
unproffesional owneres
Great Atmosphere for Customers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONSeptember 23, 2013
I enjoyed my position with Williams Fresh Café, I got to work in a new and engaging environment with a great customer base.
Pros
great customer base
Cons
long shifts
A day at williams
Manager (Current Employee) –  Whitby, OnOctober 17, 2012
My Customers are what matter most. They all have a special place in my heart. I have stayed at Williams for 9 years for my customers. Sadly to say due to so much anger and negativity with owners, it has placed a sadness in my heart to have to venture off to another phase in my life.
All of my co workers are hilarious and we have balanced how to keep each others moral up when the chips are down. Regardless of how hard it gets, we all manage to make each other laugh.
Laughter is the best medicine. So, with this i leave you...I have laughed for 9 years to the point my tummy hurts and tears roll down my face.
Now, with laughter still at hand, my tears are no longer from laughter but rather disappointment and frustration beyond my grasp to recover.
Pros
staff members sense of humor and compassion fully :)
Cons
owners anger and demeaning comments continuously every day :(
Serve Customers with a smile on my face.
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONSeptember 21, 2012
I show up to work , and let the supervisor know that i am here , clock in and grab my till and go to where i am needed , then i start my shift by stocking the shelves and talking to my co-workers, The Management was very nice and understanding when it came to family issues if you needed to take time off work. My co-workers are very nice , the hardest part of my job is when i have to deal with yelling customers. The most enjoyable part of my job is when there is a huge rush and the time goes by fast.
Pros
fun co-workers
Cons
not long enough lunches

4.3