Reporting directly to the CEO, the Purchasing Manager has the overall responsibility to strategize, plan and execute strategic initiatives that ensure Brand profitability and growth. The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the department such as contract negotiation & management, distributor relationship, strategic sourcing, category management and working closely with the Menu Manager and the Operations team; fully accountable to the CEO and Franchisees with respect to initiatives that strengthen Brand profitability.
- Plan, organize, direct, manage and evaluate the purchasing activities for the company ensuring Brand profitability
- Develop and manage the company’s proposal and negotiation process while adhering to legal and ethical standards
- Ensure all purchasing activities support and strengthen the strategic objectives of the overall organization
- Responsible for operations support and tactical purchasing to reduce the dependence on the distributor for sourcing skus
- Review and assess total supply chain risk and identify opportunities to minimize and eliminate these risks
- Develop and manage the organizations purchasing policies, procedures, standards and strategies
- Create and implement a detailed category management system
- Create and implement sourcing strategies for Williams core items
- Develop and execute a transition strategy for any non-compliant products
- Implement a contract/price agreement database
- Develop and measure key performance indicators such as on time delivery, “stock-outs” and sales compliance in an attempt to improve the effectiveness of the purchasing function
- University or College degree and minimum 3-5 years in a similar position
- Solid experience within a Food Service Franchise organization is a must
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are a must
- Superior strategic planning and project management skills
- Independent, ethical, confident, self-directed, and ability to follow-thru consistently.
- Ability to achieve results in a fast-paced, flexible, and multi-tasking environment.
Indeed - 8 months ago