The General Manager is responsible for achieving overall sales and profitability targets for the business. The position is ultimately responsible to problem solve, plan, lead and ensure execution of total store operations. Developing individuals within the team to deliver high quality, service and atmosphere standards while exceeding guest expectations by living the Williams Way is essential.
Sales & Profit
- Responsible to ensure sales levels of the business meet or exceed budget
- Manages all controllable costs to make certain the profit numbers meet or exceed budget
- Monitors both in-store opportunities and local market activity and creates plans to avoid a negative impact on the sales or profit
- Ensures proper execution of all corporate and local store marketing programs
- Coaches the use of all store systems (flow charts, prep charts, freezer pulls, etc…)
- Controls food cost by monitoring execution of procedures in addition to daily and weekly analysis of food reports
- Monitors labour usage vs target and initiates corrective action when necessary
- Ensures execution of policies and procedures for control of cash, product and equipment by all members of the management team
- Responsible to ensure inventory and ordering systems are in place and that the management team are able to place product orders utilizing par levels and check for accuracy
- Develops manager to construct weekly team member schedule using all tools necessary to ensure they are completed within allowable labour guidelines but still deliver optimal service levels
- Analysis of weekly profit & loss statements to identify opportunities and create plans for improvement
- Oversees the creation of development plans for all members of the management team and consistently utilizes these plans to coach Managers and Supervisors
- Develops a Management schedule, on a monthly basis, that ensures balanced development coverage for all shifts
- Responsible to ensure the store has an up dated plan that all members of the Management team are familiar with and helping to execute on a weekly basis
- Ensures all Managers and Supervisors complete a personal weekly planner which supports both their personal as well as the business goals
- Coaches the use of correct performance management techniques in response to performance problems
- Leads the management team to ensure they address individual motivational needs and concerns of all team members by role modelling Williams Way.
- Conducts regular manager meetings to facilitate the problem solving process within the management team
- Role models Williams Way.
- Ensures that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to Williams recipes, portioning and serving standards
- Coaches managers and team member to respond to guest needs and to follow the four steps to “making it right” when a problem arises
- Creates a system to monitor guest feedback and responds to negative trends with a plan for improvement
- Utilizes the deployment plan to organize and problem solve the business and through the management team, creates a plan for improvement
- Attains a provincial food safety certification
- Monitors all levels of food safety within the store and corrects all issues immediately
- Guides, motivates and coaches management team and team member in guest courtesy and role models Williams Way values.
- Follows up on all management walk thru’s and coaches Managers to problem solve opportunity areas
- Engages in conversations with guests and team members to understand needs and recognize opportunities
- Oversees the execution of the store cleaning plan, measures results and revises and necessary.
Training & Development
- Coaches Assistant Manager to conduct team member interviews using Williams interview procedures
- Conducts complete and thorough staff orientations as per the Williams Team Handbook.
- Delegates and monitors the store training program to ensure all Managers and trainers utilize the standards manual process with all new Team Members.
- Ensures a member of the management team is responsible for maintaining a complete inventory of all training materials
- Understands the staffing levels necessary with respect to current business levels and succession plans for future staffing levels
- Creates process for gathering input to be used in completing and conducting Management and Team Member performance reviews in a timely manner
- Leads product roll-out implementation and proper merchandising of products
- Shows interest is self development, takes initiative to self evaluate utilizing tools
- Responsible to complete orientation and training of any new managers
Polices and Procedures
- Consistently ensures that all company policies and procedures are followed by all members of the management team
- Responsible to ensure store cash control and banking policies are executed
- Follows up on the Supervisor to ensure the Joint Health and Safety committee are addressing all safety concerns within the store
- Role models proper uniform standards, takes pride in appearance, ensuring all Team Members and management follow the same guide
- Executes a system to ensure all equipment is working properly by following the listed maintenance procedures
- Represents William’s with a professional image/attitude and always role model Williams Way.
Indeed - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard