Reporting directly to the CEO, the Director of Operations has the overall responsibility to create and execute strategic initiatives that ensure systems and processes are being followed in order to maximize profitability and efficiency at all locations throughout the Brand. Responsible for all aspects of Cafe operations within a Franchise environment and accountable to the CEO and Franchise Operators with respect to the financial success of all units. Responsible to ensure all units within the organization are compliant with respect to standards of operation, company policies & procedures as well as protection of company assets.
- Provide leadership, direction and support to Franchise Operators through the team of Franchise Regional Directors to help ensure financial and operational goals are attained
- Create and execute operational strategies to assist in increasing revenue and profitability
- Work closely with other company departments such as Marketing, Culinary and Training to develop programs that maximize profitability for the Franchisee
- Provide leadership, coaching and direction to a team of Franchise Regional Directors for achievement of their regional objectives
- Conduct regular regional reviews with each Franchise Area Director developing action plans for improvement as necessary
- Assist in developing budget forecasts and operational action plans by assessing and analyzing operational capabilities within each region
- Establish standards and communicate goals, expectations and operational objectives to Franchise Operators
- Establish and consistently execute upon initiatives that continually improve the guest experience within all Cafes across the Brand
- Establish a system of regular Cafe inspections, through the team of Franchise Regional Directors that ensure all operational standards are consistently achieved across the Brand
- Participate in all Franchisee meetings such as Franchise Conferences and Franchise Advisory Council sessions to update the members on the progress of all operational initiatives
- 5 years experience in a similar multi-unit role within the restaurant or retail field
- Solid experience within a Franchise organization is a must
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent related experience.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proven team building, leadership and relationship-building skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills is a must
- Ability to develop credibility among stakeholders and franchise community.
- Independent, ethical, confident, self-directed, and ability to follow-thru consistently.
- Ability to achieve results in a fast-paced, flexible, and multi-tasking environment.