Williams Companies

Williams Companies Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Busy
Accounts Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 20, 2014
Pros: good pay, incentives
Cons: poor mnangement
If you like talking to resolve. Micro management too close. Everyone in others business, instead of focusing on making their bonus ..then want to get upset when they dont get extra cash, when they had option to stay on phone and dedicate.
A great place to work!
Business Process Improvement & Change Management (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 11, 2014
Management and co-workers were enjoyable to work with. Great culture!
good place to work
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Walled Lake, MIMarch 7, 2014
I really worked for Eclipse Aviation and only interface with Williams as far as design for Williams engines only. The outcome was Williams engines did not work. I traveled a lot for Eclipse looking for vendors and research and development on friction stir welding
Cool Experience
Personalization Associate (Former Employee), Olive Branch, MSMarch 4, 2014
The holiday peak season was exciting. Also it was very rewarding.
interesting
Builder (Former Employee), west glamorganFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: late starts
Cons: late finishing
not the best of companies to work for, the owner was full of himself and always thought he knew best
WG is an event marketing agency
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS & CREATIVE SERVICES (Current Employee), ChicagoFebruary 18, 2014
WG is a smart event marketing agency specializing in producing meetings and events for large corporations, major trade associations and the government. The work environment is very flexible. There is an upbeat attitude and strong work ethic in each of the three main offices: Chicago, New York and Washington D.C.
You will be over worked !
mechanic (Former Employee), Tunkhannock Pa.February 2, 2014
Pros: good bennafits
Cons: no work life ballance
I started with Williams in Colorado and relocated to Tunkahannock.Big mistake! the core management was terrable HR was even worse forget days off 80+ woork week supervisors who thretten you if you want a day off ! I should have stayed in colorado Williams in Colorado is much better to work for it seems like they mooved all the bad supervision up there – more... that had been with the copaney for way to long to be fired. – less
Productive and fun
trainee electrical engineer (Former Employee), londonJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: free lifts
Cons: short breaks
I enjoyed working for my cousins company. It involved me getting up at 5am and waiting for my cousin to pick me up from my house. We had various locations to travel to such as Hackney and sometimes Chelsea.
Because my boss was my cousin, I instantly felt comfortable.
Some days it would be really hard and frustrating because we would be doing the same – more... thing all day, but it was very rare. – less
ok to work for no room for advancement
project support administrator sr (Current Employee), robinson twp paJanuary 7, 2014
lots of favortism at this company not room for advancement i also learned that you need to know people to get ahead in this company
self employed
self employed (Former Employee), philadelphia paDecember 28, 2013
self employment- I have completed health lectures and health coaching for companies
Excellent experience working with friendly people
Associate, Litigation Department (Former Employee), Portland, ORDecember 8, 2013
Pros: excellent professional development; friendly lawyers and staff; reasonable work/life balance
The two features that stand out most about the firm were excellent professional development opportunities; reasonable work/life balance; and friendly lawyers and stuff. In terms of legal work, most of my time was spent litigating breach of contract cases. I learned a great deal from my experience at the firm, not only about law (and especially the use – more... of procedure for strategic purposes), but also about teamwork -- interacting with intelligent and skilled professionals. My boss consistently gave me advice on new skills as I developed them, and feedback on projects I had completed, which was always constructive without being unduly harsh. My coworkers were friendly, and we all had a good rapport (would go out for lunch semi-regularly, etc.). The hardest part of the job was that the learning curve was very steep, as I was a young attorney when I started. The most enjoyable part of the job was hanging with colleagues after work. – less
Loved meeting and greeting people everyday
Receptionist (Former Employee), Decatur, GANovember 12, 2013
Pros: being able to walk to lunch
Cons: the drive and the traffic
Answering phones and transfering calls.
How to use advanced phone system
Management was good.
Co-workers were good
Hardest part about the job - cant' really say there was anything
Most enjoyable - have to be meeting and greeting employes from different states and out from different countries.
great job
furniture team (Current Employee), oklahoma cityNovember 8, 2013
great job not alot of benifits or flexiablity, and the is no holiday pay but they promote from within and have alot of advancement oppritunitys
Great Workplace
Desktop Support Technician II (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 31, 2013
Pros: nice atmospeher, good pay, firendly people, well equiped
Cons: nothing
What a great workplace, The managers are fantastic and they cared about you as an individual. Everyone was easy to work with.
Awful
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee), Swanage, ENGOctober 7, 2013
Pros: nothing what so ever
Cons: everything
EVERY SINGLE WOMAN WORKING THERE WAS NASTY!! I was on a trial period to begin with and the owner who was meant to be observing me wasn't even there to observe... all the young inexperienced girls where bit*chy and nasty about other colleagues and most customers!!

Worst job in my life!
Close to where I live
Secretary for Terry Malone (Former Employee), Dodge City, KS 67801September 9, 2013
Pros: free snacks at break!! paid on holidays i didn't work, rodeo tickets!
Cons: communication was not as it could be
I learned a lot about different parts of law that I had previously not done before. I loved working with the ladies in the office, I've been working with children the last 5 years. The hardest part of the job was finding out exactly what was needed at the moment for the attorney so I could be most effective. I enjoyed the ability to pay bills too!!!
It was a great place
CEO & Board-Elected Secretary (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 19, 2013
I enjoyed sitting at the head of this company for 12 years, anything I say is that it was challenging,,
wonderful workplace and never the same day twice
Legal Secretary/Assistant (Current Employee), Kent, OHJuly 16, 2013
Pros: family type atmosphere
Cons: no health benefits
I current work for a criminal defense attorney so everyday is unique! My attorney does many OVI's and various other criminally related cases. I also have experience in contract law, real estate contracts, Wills, Deeds, Powers of Attorneys. The firm has approximately 15 employees so we all chip in help out and support one another in our endeavors and – more... daily work load. The hardest part of the job is learning the newest legal procedures for any given task. The most enjoyable part of the job is working very diligently on a case when clients hire us to seeing the case through to closure and the satisfaction of knowing you did your best and the job was a success. – less
Sherwin Williams Assistant Manager
assistant manager (Former Employee), columbus, ohMay 21, 2013
Pros: 44 hours a week
Cons: bad insurance
Bad. Corporate company. Everyone is expendable. Truck, Customers, phone calls, computer work
horrible place to work , bloomfield nm williams FCA
emplyee (Current Employee), bloomfieldMay 19, 2013
Pros: get experience in oil and gas field, plants, i and e skills in farmington, bloomfield, gathering area.
*****Cons *****

***HR is bought and paid for, dont count on them for anything. At the local level or at the corporate level. Invetigations dont follow through and no one in upper or middle management gets punished. Corporate does not care about the little people who do the work.
***Passive agreesive retaliation
***weak hearted management /no direction
***most – more... managers are very poor leaders
***Dont trust or count on upper managment to back up you up in a tight spot. They will try and push you in front of the on coming train to save themselves.
***pay scale is lowest in the san juan basin
***benefits are low overall
***Drug / steriod use is done by some managers.
***bribes : with upper management, from middle management : elk hunts, water hauling contracts, IF you doubt start looking at how many team leads got their jobs under which upper manager and what they all have in common: they are Yes men and bribes.
***NO CAREER opportunities, the developement plan is a joke! A person has to get signed off by someone higher and the they are usally managers that are bitter, sullen, and angry people.
***Annual reviews are time for mangers to retaliate and "get even"
***Annual bonus = those are tied to the annual ratings and they are lowered to adjust how much money tulsa / corporate sets aside for annual raises and bonuses. Tulsa sets aside very little money for the san juan basin/ Bloomfield FCA and so the ratings are lowered to meet the low money. = you can work your heart and be an AA+ rarting, and at the end of the year get AA regular to match the money that is for bonuses.
***Annual raises = dont count on even 3% raises.
*************Core Values and Beliefs are dead and lost in this company!!!!

Most (80%) in the Bloomdield office should be fired for: retaliation, Personal agendas, bribes, unable to lead, or being angry and hateful to employees. Some should have crimnal charges brought on them for bribes and FERC violations.

OR better yet they should all be put back in the field or plants and have to do the same jobs and be treated how they treated others and be forced to do the job up to impossible standards that they expect everyone to do. – less

About Williams Companies

Williams Companies has several parts, but they all add up to the delivery of energy and profits. Williams is primarily engaged – Read more

Williams Companies Photos