Williams Companies

Williams Companies Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Co-OP
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), Nisku, ABAugust 3, 2014
Pros: more over time work
Working with others as friends

Made and installed cable trays, grounding and bonding
Installed EHT
Williams Companies: Right-of-Way Specialist
Right-of-Way Document Specialist (Current Employee), Downtown Tulsa, OklahomaJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: laid back, work at own pace, friendly co-workers
Cons: poor compensation, isolation, reptitive workload
- Typical day of work insists: Showing in between 8 and 8:30 a.m., talk or say good morning to my co-workers as I make my way to my desk, sit at my desk and unload everything from my bag while my computer turns on, check my emails and any other things that may need to be checked, take green folders (pipeline agreements) and scan/upload them to my email, enter the documents into Williams websites (Flairdocs & Livelink), lunch is usually an hour long and taken any time between 11 and 12, after lunch I get back to scanning and uploading pipeline agreements until I leave in between 4 and 5 p.m.
- I have learned a lot about the oil & gas industry, especially working with pipeline legal documents. I learned how Pipeline Easement Agreements and Pipeline Right-of-Ways work. I have also learned how to work independently and self-motivate myself to work hard everyday. The work I do is individually done and is mostly repetitive. So, self-motivation is something you must learn and I have been able to adapt and work hard each day.
- The management here is great! Everyone is very nice and helpful. Most of the day you are working on your own, so you don't run into management often.
- My co-workers are very nice and have helped me with training and perfecting the job requirements since the first day I arrived. They are willing to help me anytime I come across a problem or question I don't know.
- The hardest part of the job in my opinion is the lack of face-to-face communication that goes on throughout the day. All of the work is individually done and I am in my own cubicle, so there isn't – more... much talking unless you pass someone in the hallway or have a question for someone. Although I like communicating and working with people more, I do work just as proficient and hard by myself. Like I said before, this particular job can get pretty repetitive, so self-motivation can become the most difficult part of the job sometimes.
- The best part of my day consists of the times when I do socialize with some of my co-workers on breaks or if I go to their office with a question. Also, I like challenges and learning new things, so when I get new stuff to do I enjoy every bit of it. – less
Excellent management experience
Employee Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee), Tulsa, OklahomaJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: maintain a healthy and fit lifestyle while working
Cons: temporary contractual agreement
Maintain a safe and effective work environment for fitness facilities.
Maintain incentives to keep workers interested in obtaining and maintaining and healthy and fit lifestyle
Good working relationship with other coworker and fitness instructors
Challenge was finding continued to keep fitness facility full of participants, enjoyed the challenge
Enjoyable to see workers embracing a healthy and fit lifestyle and seeing results of fitness goals.
Active work
Plumbers Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 13, 2014
Pros: productive work
Cons: a dirty job
Being a Plumbers assistant is an active job working with my hands and learning how to operate the equipment. My manager is great instructor I learned a lot from him.

Hardest part for the job i when some of the drains would get back up and it would cause a flood. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning to unclog drains and sewers.
Productive and Fun work place
Receptionist (Current Employee), Ashland, KYNovember 6, 2014
Great company and work environment. Enjoy going to work every day!
Corporate HR Generalist (Former Employee), WaverlySeptember 24, 2014
I love this place, Fast paced alway on the go. The only downside is its distance from my home. Great people!
great place to work
Legal Service Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2014
processed mail routine trips to bank and court runs. helping attorneys with fillings in all courts
Friendly fun place to work
Waitress (Former Employee), Halifax, ENGSeptember 2, 2014
I would arrive at work and go straight behind the bar make sure everything was topped up and serve anyone waiting. The people I worked with were friendly and open.
Project Supervisor
Williams Land Project Supervisor (Former Employee), PRINETON, NJAugust 16, 2014
In my previous position as Land Project Supervisor for the Williams Company, I supervised a staff Right of Way Agents working on many projects. Those projects were at different locations in NJ and PA. My involvement with the projects was from conception to completion of the actual pipeline construction. I was responsible for all office communications and any correspondence pertaining to those projects.
While supervising I personally acquired numerous easements and agreements with property owners in difficult areas. I attended formal Planning and Zoning Board, State, County & Municipal meetings pertaining to approvals for those projects.
Nice place to work, a growing company in industry
IT Auditor (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 22, 2014
Pros: nice happy hours and teams, solid pay
Cons: busy season longer hours
Nice company with great teams and fellow coworkers. Days can be 8 hours if not in busy season. Busy season can mean long hours .
n/a
Customer Service/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 5, 2014
I wish not to speak on my experience with afni. I would not recommend anyone pregnant looking for employment to work here.
great company
Sales assistant (Former Employee), Esher, ENGMay 30, 2014
Williams is a good company to wok for. The wages are good and they are fair and generous with xmas bonuses. it is a family run business and friendly. Would recommend them as a company
Easy Place to Work, Horrible Management
Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 14, 2014
Pros: the work load is light
Little to no upward mobility, below industry standard pay, incompetent management
productive
PCA (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTMay 13, 2014
Pros: productive
Cons: hard to get day off
great place to work pleasant atmosphere a lot peace would again for this client
Company got into Barnett Shale gas play late in the game and paid high prices for acreage.
Senior Staff Geoscientist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 28, 2014
Hired to evaluate company's properties in Fort Worth Basin. My work identified a number of geologic hazards (faults) on their acreage and resulted in a reduced the number of horizontal well locations. I saved the company more than thirty million dollars and the VP sought my analysis on every well and farm-in opportunity. Low gas prices stopped the possibility of any profitability on acreage acquired in this basin.
Busy
Accounts Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 20, 2014
Pros: good pay, incentives
Cons: poor mnangement
If you like talking to resolve. Micro management too close. Everyone in others business, instead of focusing on making their bonus ..then want to get upset when they dont get extra cash, when they had option to stay on phone and dedicate.
A great place to work!
Business Process Improvement & Change Management (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 11, 2014
Management and co-workers were enjoyable to work with. Great culture!
good place to work
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Walled Lake, MIMarch 7, 2014
I really worked for Eclipse Aviation and only interface with Williams as far as design for Williams engines only. The outcome was Williams engines did not work. I traveled a lot for Eclipse looking for vendors and research and development on friction stir welding
Cool Experience
Personalization Associate (Former Employee), Olive Branch, MSMarch 4, 2014
The holiday peak season was exciting. Also it was very rewarding.
interesting
Builder (Former Employee), west glamorganFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: late starts
Cons: late finishing
not the best of companies to work for, the owner was full of himself and always thought he knew best

1 2 3

About Williams Companies

Williams Companies has several parts, but they all add up to the delivery of energy and profits. Williams is primarily engaged – Read more