Williams-Sonoma, Inc.

Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace with opportunity to advance
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, OntAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great discount as full time employee. many opportunities to advance
Work with a great team and worked with product I loved and believed in
Toy store for culinary enthusiasts
Associate Store Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 7, 2014
Pros: develop cooking skills and share your own
Cons: gaining weight
Fast paced environment with emphasis on engaging with the customer at many sensory levels. Steep learning curve to become familiar with the myriad of product but a strong focus on associate development. Good work ethic and enthusiasm is recognized and rewarded. Cooking or foodie background is a huge asset and makes customer interaction much more fun – more... - selling a great product AND helping to make someone a great cook...or at least spark a new passion. – less
Welcoming workplace with polite employees
Seasonal Gift Wrapper (Former Employee), Yorkdale MallSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: friendly workplace, small store
Cons: certain item shapes were difficult to wrap
The other employees greeted me with a smile and were very polite, welcoming me into their work family the first day I started.
The management was efficient and did very well at their job.
My co-workers were very professional and had warm personalities towards everyone.
The hardest part was standing for long periods but after awhile you do not notice – more... it. Certain items proved difficult to wrap but fellow co-workers were there with a helping hand.
The atmosphere of the workplace was the most enjoyable part. Also when the customers would get their wrapped gifts with smiles on their faces, commenting on the nice work. – less
Good company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 27, 2013
Great company, great products. Corporate culture is good. will take some time to get promoted.
If you are Canadian and want to join a cult then work for WS
General Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: good salary
Cons: too many to list
I have been a retail manager for years and had only worked for Canadian companies until I joined WS and had the worst experience of my life. My first experience was at the conference in Arizona and I left there feeling like I had joined some crazy cult. The employees at my store were for the most part horrible people who believed they were of the same – more... economic status of the customers, where my opinion is that it doesn't matter what kind of retail environment you work in you are still just a retail employee. They reminded me of the two women in Pretty woman who ended up getting schooled by Julia Roberts. The company likes to say that they have a people first culture which is a total lie. Staff members had won prizes for corporate contests and yet had not received them six months later. Work life balance is terrible and my DM had no clue what she was doing. My training was about 4 days of being a greeter at a store and getting a bunch of information crammed in my head and then told....go, cut staff hours but still make these ludicrous budgets. also if you don't work in the States don't expect to make any sense of the visual set up packages or actually get any of your benefits.Enjoy conference calls?, well you had better because you will be on them for hours every day. Hands down the worst experience of my life. – less
Seasonal, at Christmas
Inventory Prepper (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 10, 2014
Team player, enjoyed work. Seasonal, prepping Christmas stockings, festive atmosphere.
Rich culture and heritage, incredible product lines, well-positioned for growth
Corporate Associate (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: heritage, culture, creativity, employee discount
Cons: micromanagement by senior executives, tends to be very clique-ish
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. has a rich heritage dating back to 1956 when Chuck Williams opened the first store in Sonoma. The portfolio of Brands is unrivaled in retail. Creativity and entrepreneurship are highly valued.
great learning experiance and fun working environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Walnut, CAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great people, very good learning environment
Cons: poor communication at times between leads, no stability with productivity, team work lacked at times
great place to work. people get along well and are willing to help you learn more and lend a helping hand. Safety is their number one priority.
Solid, growing company
Inventory Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Olive Branch, MSOctober 8, 2014
Williams Sonoma is large enough to have plenty of opportunities, but since the headquarters and the other corporate offices are not located in the same place, the disconnect can really create a strain on your job. The benefits are very good, and the best part about the job is the people you work with.
stock person
Stock Room Coordinator (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 8, 2014
Pros: places to eat in the area
Cons: not enough breaks
learning about new kitchen tools and supplies. when everything gets checked in, it gets boring in the back so I go out front to help the customers.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: look forward to kickoff of the holiday season each year and the chance to talk to the vendors
Cons: work with old computer systems
A typical day at Williams-Sonoma customer calling to place order or needed customer service help. I learned how to provide excellent customer service and to solve customer problems. Williams-Sonoma taught me a lot of valuable information about business and how to service the customer.

The hardest part of the job would be when I was not able to help – more... the customer, because of policy.

I enjoyed when we had vendor training and kickoff of the holiday season. Kickoff is a day filled with sampling of different foods and products. We have a chance to ask the vendor question about the products which helped us when a customer asked about the product. – less
Culinary
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Danbury, CTSeptember 29, 2014
If you are into cooking this is the place to work. The store brings demo's of all shorts to their store and demo's many different items. I learned so much more about cooking and baking. Have fun!
Fun work with great interaction between customers and associates
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), The Colony, TXSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch, friendly workplace, advancement oppurtunites
Cons: short breaks, healthcare
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the customer on a personal level.
BA
Business Analyst (Former Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 19, 2014
• Involved in gathering business requirements from the end users and management.
• Performed Requirement Analysis by gathering both functional and non-functional requirements based on interactions with the process owners & stake holders and document analysis, represented them in Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
• Created high quality functional – more... requirement specifications and supporting documents for business systems. Identified and retail procedures for emerging retail chain
• Assisted developers with website support in regards to Content Management to take control of the Web pages by managing the content as distinct from the design.
• Created Physical Inventory process for retail stores, consisted of data integration and inventory processes with third party vendor.
• Responsible for establishing and maintaining positive business relationships with IT managers and clients, and ensuring that business objectives and priorities are aligned.
• Designed and developed reusable class libraries, implemented those classes using Visual C#.
• Actively involved throughout all steps of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Facilitated Change Management across entire process from Project conceptualization to Testing through Project Delivery, Software Development and Implementation Management in diverse Business and Technical Environments.
• Interacted with department heads to finalize business requirements, functional requirements and technical requirements and also created Business process model.
• Responsible for successful delivery of Business Intelligence Customer Data Integration and/or Master Data Management (MDM) technology initiatives.
• Conduct detailed analysis of supply chain costs and service. Build and execute logistics and supply chain models. Analyze findings and document recommended actions.
• Involved in the complete SDLC system-providing SOW to the client notifying the client about the work to be done in detail, specifying both hardware and software involved Scope of Work.
• Designed and developed Use Cases, Use Case Diagram, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams using Object Oriented Design (OOD) concepts and UML using Rational Requisite Pro.
• Used the Unified Change Management (UCM) tool, Rational ClearQuest to maintain and track the stakeholders requested enhancements and changes.
• Assigned tasks among development team, monitored and tracked progress of project following Agile methodology.
• Analyzed the business and functional requirements of the application and developed detailed test plans, test cases in Test Director.
• Involved in designing and developing Data Models and Data Marts that support the Business Intelligence Data Warehouse.
• Set up market data including zero curves, correlation matrices, dividend curves, etc., and the underlying financial instruments and then set up derivatives pricing parameters and trade capture options that drive the valuation of trades based on the market data to configure and test the system.
• Involved in set up of testing methodologies and improvement of process model.
• Used ClearCase for creating documents repository and sharing the documents across the team.
• Created traceability matrix to ensure that the requirements are traced to the test cases.
• Ensured that extremely thorough, effective and organized test process is implemented and delivered the highest quality product.
• Use HP Quality Center to house all test documentation and report/track all issues and defects (Defect Management).
• Conducted user interviews at client locations, gathering requirements, providing analysis/functional specifications as well as Liaising closely both Front / Middle Office, and analyzing requirements.
• Involved in assisting the development of functional requirements, static testing the applications by preparing and developing the Test Plans and Test Rules, editing and writing Test Cases, Test Scenarios and Test Scripts.
• Executed the test cases manually for various job submissions in batch processing by using the Test Director/Mercury Quality Center.
• Parsing high-level design specification to simple ETL coding and mapping standards.
• Did the regression testing using pre-existing test cases besides integration testing of various modules of the application.
• Worked closely with the project team in planning, coordinating and implemented QA methodology on various phases of the application.
• Analyzed results of Regression Testing as performed by Testers using QTP and held meetings with Developers and Testers.
• Interacted with the developers to report and track bugs using Test Director. – less
BI Developer (Current Employee), Kolkata, WBSeptember 17, 2014
Typical day started with production support tickets and then understanding the issue and fixing
Got chance to work on development as part of JIRA
Loved this company and work place
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 8, 2014
great support from management, fun people to work with, good customers to speak with and assist, loved working wedding registry
extreme high tension workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 6, 2014
come in and clock in. then go to morning meetings which was given by the manager of what department you were in that day. then you would usually train several ppl while trying to reach your quota. i learned how to deal with hardship on the job. i learned how to deal with different types of ppl and attitudes and how not to let taht affect your work. – more... i enjoyed meeting some of the ppl i did meet. – less
Fun laid back working enviroment
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: environment, benefits
Cons: pay, seasonal employment, hours
I enjoyed working at Williams Sonoma. I gained a good amount of knowledge from the few weeks of training. If you enjoy talking to customers over the phone, this is the ideal job for you.
positive atmosphere, given tools to be successful
Customer Service Rep. Handling (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 31, 2014
Pros: special events with free food, activities, able to volunteer on community projects.
Cons: nothing
I really enjoyed working at Williams-Sonoma but unfortunately it was a temporary seasonal position that ended. I was asked to return again this year, but due to recovering from the May 20, 2013 Moore, OK with rebuilding my home, I was tied up with it and unable to start when they needed me.
Job (Mgmt) Culture mars the Beautiful, Inspiring surroundings
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 30, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: scheduling
This would be an awesome place to work if the in-house and district manager would be more people-centric. They refuse to hire you if you do not have full time open availability, but then only schedule you for an average of ten hours per week making it almost impossible to secure other employment.

1 2 3 4 5

About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.

Epicureans are at home at Williams-Sonoma, a leading multi-channel retailer of high-end goods for well-appointed kitchens, bedrooms, – Read more