William Standen Co. Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great co workers and work life balance
Flooring Installer (Current Employee) –  Production9 April 2017
Great place to work.Amazing Co-workers, great work life balance but also lots of work go around. I have been with William Standen only for a short time now but they made me feel right at home.
Pros
Company tools, work -life balance
Family-like Team, Rewarding Experience
Design Associate (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON30 January 2017
I've been a design associate at William Standen for close two years now and I can say that I love every part of being here.

I never would of thought I would have been able to find a job in the area that I could be as creative as I wanted to be. When I heard about William Standen and all it's wonderful qualities I knew this was the company that I wanted to grow my career with. I am part of the design and renovation process start to finish and it is so rewarding to be a part of something big. The most valuable part is the support and encouragement from the owners to reach my career goals. They are always asking us what we need or what they can do to help us be the best. My Manager has taught me to never shy away from talent and to strive to be the best I can be. At times it can be a challenging business as it is very fast paced however in the end it is a rewarding experience; in both the knowledge that I gain with every project as well as in meeting with clients and helping them reach realize their dream spaces.

Another amazing part about this company is the family-like environment. Everyone is happy to help each other with whatever task. We are all here to do our best work and to have fun doing. It is so refreshing to be part of a team that shares the same values in ensuring that the job is done right while paying attention right down to the smallest detail.

If you are looking for a career to challenge you and you are willing to be part of something big in this fast growing company, I highly recommend applying.
Pros
Great team, great owners, fun workplace
Great Company, Great Co-workers
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Sarnia ON2 January 2017
I work with a team of highly skilled and talented designers and tradesmen/women. We have worked hard to find people who have a positive attitude and a passion to do amazing work for our clients.
I worked in this industry for 15 years before coming to William Standen and feel that I've finally found a company where I can see myself staying for the next 20 years.
Reliable and exciting place to work
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Sarnia14 December 2016
I've been in the construction industry for over 12 years now. I've work with many small businesses and had no luck finding a place I see myself being happy with. I was always finding myself wanting more. I've work a good portion of my carpentry career outside with weather always being a factor. I also felt little sense of appreciation when it came to the quality of my work.

I've been with William standing for almost 6 months now. I've yet to have been told I'm too slow or I don't care enough. This company prides themselves on not cutting corners and always doing the right thing. Speed will never supersede quality.

Every company has issues and William Standen is always looking for ideas and feed back from every employee. There is no stupid ideas or dumb questions. Everyone I work with is always eger to listen to my ideas and never quick to shut them down.

I will continue to grow my skills and knowledge with the many bright and inteligent people who are part of William Standen's team and I look forward to a busy and exciting new year.

Sincerely

Happy employee.
Pros
Benefits, great team, lots of hours, team events
Cons
Scheduled vacation time
Outstanding Company
Design Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON13 December 2016
I am so happy so have found a career with amazing growth opportunities, right in my home town. The owners truly push you to be your very best, and truly care about every employee, client, and project.
Willam Standen Co. has taught me so much
Office Administrator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON7 December 2016
I loved working with our outstanding clients the little details of my position that made our teams roles run more efficient! The clients are incredibly kind, and working with them and the team is what made me smile at the end of each day.

Willam Standen Co. has taught me so much about business. The owners are great mentors and have trained me to be the best administrator I can be and were incredibly patient and supportive.

It was important for me and my family that I have a great career, that makes me happy right here in my home town. I was delighted to have found both a wonderful career and an amazing staff to work alongside.
team has such a family feel!
Junior Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Sarnia7 December 2016
I chose to work with William Standen Co. because finding a job as a woman in the trade was a trying task, and at WSC this was never seen as a problem or a question of my capabilities. My favourite part of the job was that the team has such a family feel! Everyone is positive & shares their knowledge! My curiosity in learning the trade was always met with enthusiasm and patience.

It was gratifying to be a part of creating such beautiful spaces. But it is so much fun and so rewarding to meet the clients, go through the Reno journey and at the end of it all have met new and interesting people and to see them so happy with their investment. I also love that WSC stands to research and ensure that quality GREEN products and whole home health is a priority.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at William Standen Co.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5