William Osler Health Centre

William Osler Health Centre Employee Reviews in Canada

Assisting and helping others, in a customer service field
Coordinator of Operating Room Bookings (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 6, 2016
Prepare and maintain, and edit the O.R, Schedules, in a team setting.
Handle multiple priorities different everyday, within a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
Scheduling and timekeeping system, and best practices with in the Human Resources polices.
Hardest part of the job was keeping everybody happy with strong time management and organization skills to be able to successfully manage tight deadlines within the polices cutoff's for booking the proper operating room and equipment for the team.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all of my hard work come together with no inefficiencies, and customers feedback.
Pros
The benefit of giving back to the community
Cons
Stressful situations
Must Fit Into Their Pre-determined Mold
Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 19, 2016
Unfortunately there is a lot of horizontal violence that goes on amongst nursing staff at this hospital. Often managers turn a blind eye and/or fail to recognize that it is happening. It is true that nurses eat their young here and it is unfortunate that it is permitted to happen. If you do not fit their ideal mold, you will not work out.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Long hours, bullying, oblivious management
Good community hospital
Discharge Coordinator (Current Employee) –  EtobicoeMarch 30, 2016
Very busy community hospital, however a friendly staff makes the work culture quite enjoyable. Being a Discharge Coordinator is a difficult position that does not get much positive recognition. It takes a certain mix of authority and empathy to perform the tasks properly.
productive and fun
Security Guard Primary Security (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 31, 2016
i have always enoyed working with them because of the good relationship among co workers. the management also taught me on how to keep better records
Pros
free coffee
Cons
rewarding, challenging, good learning experiences
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 4, 2016
PRODUCTIVE, REWARDING, CALLENGING,patient care learning experience. A day starts from receiving patient to take care for t 12 hour shift, assessing the status and planned patient care for the day. team work is very essential in this field of care to promote at the best in nursing care for each patient we deal with every day. the hardest part of the job are challenges and the critical thinking we have to do each time. At the end of the day, it is rewarding if you see the patients get better and recovered.
Pros
unity
Cons
work load
Fun place to work at
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 21, 2016
Busy but fun place to work at. People are very supportive and always ready to teach you new things. They are very appreciative as well.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Constant demand of work
Positive environment with helpful team members
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 5, 2016
- busy, lots of people in and out of hospital
- always creating new relationships
- helpful staff
- clean and positive environment
Pros
Flexible Shifts
Cons
Huge facility, hard to keep track of everything
nice people employeed
Part - Time Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONFebruary 13, 2016
Enjoy co-workers meeting new patients and families.long work hours.
Clean facility, not enough storage space, poor organization, easy layout.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
no advancement
productive and fun to work here
Medical Records Clerk Part-time B (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 1, 2016
I have been working here for more than six years, and I find it satisfying. Good people to work with and the pay is ok.

I learned working in a team environment.
great staff and management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2015
I love working for the organization because of its' patients, staff and management. The staff are very helpful and great at teamwork, the management is very accommodating, and most of the patients are very understanding.
very unhappy place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 25, 2015
Management is well known to be biased, very controlling & unreasonable. They have their favourites & show it.
Some co-workers are lazy & do not carry their share of the load, & are able to get away with it. Management is not willing to accommodate staff who have disabilities or child care issues.
good place to work
BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 31, 2015
Learned different applications in healthcare
Learned to apply bio-medical skills
Hardest part of job too much stress
Enjoyable part of job is satisfaction
Pros
good employer
Cons
poor advancement opportunity
Excellent organization which provides services to people who have an intellectual disability. Enjoyed meeting with clients, making a difference
Administrative Assistant/ Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 26, 2014
Excellent Company. Able to excel quickly, being promoted to various positions within the organization.
Pros
great hours and great people to work with
Cons
on-going restructuring causing unsettlement within the organization
great, multicultural environment.
Registered Practical Nurse - Neurology/Medicine (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 30, 2013
I was able to obtain experience as an RPN on a dynamic team of individuals who strived to provide the community with kind and compassionate care. Hardest part of the job was definitely developing relationships with patients and having to say goodbye in the end, but at the same time it was very rewarding to watch the progress of the patients and building trusting relationships with them and their families.
Pros
great benefits
My internship experience
Medical Office Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Brampton, OntarioJuly 22, 2013
My experience at WOHS was, simply put - amazing. I learned a lot in the 4 departments I was placed in. Being in the emergency room taught me to verify information quickly and process the patients as fast as possible - it was truly enjoyable.

Labour and Delivery was amazing as well - meeting numerous pregnant women and their husbands. It was very family oriented and secure.

I overall enjoyed my time at the hospital - I would love to find something job related at a hospital, but a doctor's office is perfectly fine with me too.
Typical day at work
Emergency Department Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJuly 23, 2013
A typical day at work varies from day to day. Everyday is different from one. It allows me to keep my skills and critical thinking up to date. At work we work as a team, there is always someone to help when needed. I get along with my fellow colleagues, and doctors.
The hardest part of my job would be when you have created a bond with a patient and suddenly pass away, at times can be emotional. The best part of my job is working being able to get along with fellow colleagues and work as a team by communication, and helping one another.
Pros
getting along with colleagues
Cons
short staff
Productive and it was fun working with a multi-cultural team
Practical Nursing student - Clinical Placement (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 20, 2012
- The most clients were not able to talk and they needed the help of the nurses for the ADLs. There I learned a number of nursing skills and also learned how to interact with patients who are unable to talk.
- Co-workers were helpful and treated the students in a respectful manner
Pros
able to refresh my knowledge everyday
Productive workplace
Administrative Assistant/ Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 29, 2014
Enjoyed working in the fast paced setting, working independently and in a team setting. Excellent management support to advance. Sad to leave due to company closure.
Pros
company functions for staff, including lunches, plays, etc..
Cons
the slow down of referrals which affected business resulting in the closure.
fast paced, responsibility, interaction with staff
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 11, 2015
priority management developing interpersonal relationships worked independently
maintenance of mail machines ensuring supplies readily available
Pros
enjoyable
Great Place to work
Discharge Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond HillMarch 17, 2015
It was a great work environment. Unfortunately I was laid off related to a deficit with the hospital or I would still be there. Very supportive work environment.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Laid off

4.5