William Osler Health Centre

William Osler Health Centre Employee Reviews

Healthcare environment learning about health care careers at hospital.
Co-op student (Former Employee) –  BovairdJanuary 22, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of cleaning, helping people in/out wheelchairs, walking with patients, talking to patients, and helping co workers with any given task.I learned a lot about oncology (cancer), rehab such as physiotherapist, and nurses. The supervisors on the unit are usually nurses or occupational therapists. I enjoyed working with the nurses the most because I love talking to and talking care of patients, including with elderly patients who need assistance with breakfast or lunch. The hardest part of the job is getting attached to the patients and watching them get sicker and pass away. You need to be emotionally strong to be a nurse. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the patients leave and go home being more healthier than before they came. Nursing is a career I'd love to pursue, it's a very rewarding job.
Pros
helping people get better, taking care of people, work benefits
Cons
long hours, full time, being there when people pass away, not being able to always help
Enjoy volunteering with William Osler Health System
Volunteer Service Excellence (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 25, 2013
I enjoy the interaction with the patients, being able to hear what William Osler Health System means to the community, were and what can be improved in the eyes of the community and being part of making change within the community.

Being part of a Team, working hand in hand with our Managers, to ensure we provide safe, compassionate care to our patients as we advise department heads where we need to improve as we strive to provide patient satisfaction and make William Osler Health System the top hospital in all of Ontario.

The most difficult part of the job is not being able to stay on the phone for hours with patients that just want to have someone to speak with because they are lonely, have no one visiting them and seam very compassionate and caring individuals who you managed to reach through communication.
Pros
interation, customer service
Cons
not being paid, no full time/part time employment
Typical day at work
Emergency Department Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJuly 23, 2013
A typical day at work varies from day to day. Everyday is different from one. It allows me to keep my skills and critical thinking up to date. At work we work as a team, there is always someone to help when needed. I get along with my fellow colleagues, and doctors.
The hardest part of my job would be when you have created a bond with a patient and suddenly pass away, at times can be emotional. The best part of my job is working being able to get along with fellow colleagues and work as a team by communication, and helping one another.
Pros
getting along with colleagues
Cons
short staff
My internship experience
Medical Office Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Brampton, OntarioJuly 22, 2013
My experience at WOHS was, simply put - amazing. I learned a lot in the 4 departments I was placed in. Being in the emergency room taught me to verify information quickly and process the patients as fast as possible - it was truly enjoyable.

Labour and Delivery was amazing as well - meeting numerous pregnant women and their husbands. It was very family oriented and secure.

I overall enjoyed my time at the hospital - I would love to find something job related at a hospital, but a doctor's office is perfectly fine with me too.
rewarding, challenging, good learning experiences
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 4, 2016
PRODUCTIVE, REWARDING, CALLENGING,patient care learning experience. A day starts from receiving patient to take care for t 12 hour shift, assessing the status and planned patient care for the day. team work is very essential in this field of care to promote at the best in nursing care for each patient we deal with every day. the hardest part of the job are challenges and the critical thinking we have to do each time. At the end of the day, it is rewarding if you see the patients get better and recovered.
Pros
unity
Cons
work load
I enjoyed working very much for Wiilliam Osler Health Centre
Telecommunications Attendant for two Hospitals (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioMarch 13, 2013
I was on a 6 month contract and worked in the communication department. Were called codes, paged Doctors and Nurses, Helped family members find there loved ones. Called taxes for different people, worked shifted work. Met alot of different people and staff members. Enjoyed working with everyone.Learned alot of different things while on the job.
Pros
got to work with alot of interesting people.
Cons
some times had to work long hours and double shifts.
great, multicultural environment.
Registered Practical Nurse - Neurology/Medicine (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 30, 2013
I was able to obtain experience as an RPN on a dynamic team of individuals who strived to provide the community with kind and compassionate care. Hardest part of the job was definitely developing relationships with patients and having to say goodbye in the end, but at the same time it was very rewarding to watch the progress of the patients and building trusting relationships with them and their families.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Productive and it was fun working with a multi-cultural team
Practical Nursing student - Clinical Placement (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 20, 2012
- The most clients were not able to talk and they needed the help of the nurses for the ADLs. There I learned a number of nursing skills and also learned how to interact with patients who are unable to talk.
- Co-workers were helpful and treated the students in a respectful manner
Pros
able to refresh my knowledge everyday
Cons
productive and opportunities to grow
Program coordinator (Current Employee) –  brampton,OnSeptember 2, 2014
environment is very political.
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
DO NOT include any personally identifiable information, such as names.
Pros
perks
Cons
does not believe in employee retention
very unhappy place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 25, 2015
Management is well known to be biased, very controlling & unreasonable. They have their favourites & show it.
Some co-workers are lazy & do not carry their share of the load, & are able to get away with it. Management is not willing to accommodate staff who have disabilities or child care issues.
Productive with co-operation
F/T RPN (Current Employee) –  Brampton, OnatrioFebruary 4, 2015
High volume, stressful environment but workable d/t great co-workers. Hardest part of being a ER nurse is not seeing everyone in a timely manner. I enjoy most the variety of cases seen.
Pros
long term employment
Cons
shift work
Excellent organization which provides services to people who have an intellectual disability. Enjoyed meeting with clients, making a difference
Administrative Assistant/ Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 26, 2014
Excellent Company. Able to excel quickly, being promoted to various positions within the organization.
Pros
great hours and great people to work with
Cons
on-going restructuring causing unsettlement within the organization
Productive workplace
Administrative Assistant/ Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 29, 2014
Enjoyed working in the fast paced setting, working independently and in a team setting. Excellent management support to advance. Sad to leave due to company closure.
Pros
company functions for staff, including lunches, plays, etc..
Cons
the slow down of referrals which affected business resulting in the closure.
Great team
Placement Student, Mental Health (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 28, 2013
I had a great experience working with the entire team of William Osler Health System has a great team in the Mental Health Unit. Everyone works together, even when staff is away they are all willing to cover each other's groups.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
kronos
Innovative healthcare
Cardiac Cath Lab RN (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 21, 2014
I have been a part of this hospital for the better part of 20 years. It has allowed me to expand my knowledge and grow with the organization.
Pros
always something new to learn
Cons
little education support for staff
productive and fun to work here
Medical Records Clerk Part-time B (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 1, 2016
I have been working here for more than six years, and I find it satisfying. Good people to work with and the pay is ok.

I learned working in a team environment.
always learning new things
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 14, 2013
The best company that I have worked for!
There is lots of opportunity foe growth and I would recommend to anyone to work there.
Pros
always something to do
Cons
you need to be on call
good place to work
BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 31, 2015
Learned different applications in healthcare
Learned to apply bio-medical skills
Hardest part of job too much stress
Enjoyable part of job is satisfaction
Pros
good employer
Cons
poor advancement opportunity
productive and fun place to work
Staffing Office Administrative (Current Employee) –  BramptonJanuary 17, 2014
fast pace invironment with chalanges that have to be met in a short time frames. Working with great people.
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
A great beginning retail experience.
Volunteer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, OntarioMarch 1, 2012
This was my first retail position and was a great experience. I was given the ability to work with customers as well as in a team with my fellow employees.
Pros
volunteer hours

4.6