William Osler Health Centre

William Osler Health Centre Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace
Administrative Assistant/ Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 29, 2014
Pros: company functions for staff, including lunches, plays, etc..
Cons: the slow down of referrals which affected business resulting in the closure.
Enjoyed working in the fast paced setting, working independently and in a team setting. Excellent management support to advance. Sad to leave due to company closure.
enviroment
Student Nurse (Former Employee), bramptonJune 17, 2014
its a perfect place to work. I only did my clinical there, it was a great experience. the environment is clean and the nurses are friendly and accommodating.
fun workplace
Finance Clerk (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 5, 2014
Pros: commute, workplace culture
Cons: contract position
good coworkers
good management
unionized environment
gym at location
amazing
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee), BramptonFebruary 21, 2014
My unit is well staffed with the best! Great team and great teamwork.
student nurse
STUDENT NURSE (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONFebruary 10, 2014
As a student nurse the learning experience at William Osler was very educational. The facility was very supportive of student nurses and the staff was always willing to provide their knowledge
Healthcare environment learning about health care careers at hospital.
Co-op student (Former Employee), BovairdJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: helping people get better, taking care of people, work benefits
Cons: long hours, full time, being there when people pass away, not being able to always help
A typical day at work would consist of cleaning, helping people in/out wheelchairs, walking with patients, talking to patients, and helping co workers with any given task.I learned a lot about oncology (cancer), rehab such as physiotherapist, and nurses. The supervisors on the unit are usually nurses or occupational therapists. I enjoyed working with – more... the nurses the most because I love talking to and talking care of patients, including with elderly patients who need assistance with breakfast or lunch. The hardest part of the job is getting attached to the patients and watching them get sicker and pass away. You need to be emotionally strong to be a nurse. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the patients leave and go home being more healthier than before they came. Nursing is a career I'd love to pursue, it's a very rewarding job. – less
productive and fun place to work
Staffing Office Administrative (Current Employee), BramptonJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: flexable hours
Cons: long hours
fast pace invironment with chalanges that have to be met in a short time frames. Working with great people.
Buyer (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 7, 2014
WOHC is a fantastic organization to work for. Management is great along with others around the hospital.
Enjoy volunteering with William Osler Health System
Volunteer Service Excellence (Current Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 25, 2013
Pros: interation, customer service
Cons: not being paid, no full time/part time employment
I enjoy the interaction with the patients, being able to hear what William Osler Health System means to the community, were and what can be improved in the eyes of the community and being part of making change within the community.

Being part of a Team, working hand in hand with our Managers, to ensure we provide safe, compassionate care to our patients – more... as we advise department heads where we need to improve as we strive to provide patient satisfaction and make William Osler Health System the top hospital in all of Ontario.

The most difficult part of the job is not being able to stay on the phone for hours with patients that just want to have someone to speak with because they are lonely, have no one visiting them and seam very compassionate and caring individuals who you managed to reach through communication. – less
great, multicultural environment.
Registered Practical Nurse - Neurology/Medicine (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long hours
I was able to obtain experience as an RPN on a dynamic team of individuals who strived to provide the community with kind and compassionate care. Hardest part of the job was definitely developing relationships with patients and having to say goodbye in the end, but at the same time it was very rewarding to watch the progress of the patients and building – more... trusting relationships with them and their families. – less
Productive and Safe workplace
Student RPN (Former Employee), BramptonSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: lots of training
Brampton Civic is a great place to work. Lots of benefits and a safe workplace.
Good Work place
Technical support student (co-op) (Former Employee), BramptonSeptember 5, 2013
Co-workers are very friendly and supportive.I enjoyed a lot with working in this organization.
Typical day at work
Emergency Department Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONJuly 23, 2013
Pros: getting along with colleagues
Cons: short staff
A typical day at work varies from day to day. Everyday is different from one. It allows me to keep my skills and critical thinking up to date. At work we work as a team, there is always someone to help when needed. I get along with my fellow colleagues, and doctors.
The hardest part of my job would be when you have created a bond with a patient and – more... suddenly pass away, at times can be emotional. The best part of my job is working being able to get along with fellow colleagues and work as a team by communication, and helping one another. – less
My internship experience
Medical Office Assistant Intern (Former Employee), Brampton, OntarioJuly 22, 2013
My experience at WOHS was, simply put - amazing. I learned a lot in the 4 departments I was placed in. Being in the emergency room taught me to verify information quickly and process the patients as fast as possible - it was truly enjoyable.

Labour and Delivery was amazing as well - meeting numerous pregnant women and their husbands. It was very family – more... oriented and secure.

I overall enjoyed my time at the hospital - I would love to find something job related at a hospital, but a doctor's office is perfectly fine with me too. – less
Great team
Placement Student, Mental Health (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJune 28, 2013
Pros: free lunchs
Cons: kronos
I had a great experience working with the entire team of William Osler Health System has a great team in the Mental Health Unit. Everyone works together, even when staff is away they are all willing to cover each other's groups.
always learning new things
Unit Clerk (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 14, 2013
Pros: always something to do
Cons: you need to be on call
The best company that I have worked for!
There is lots of opportunity foe growth and I would recommend to anyone to work there.
I enjoyed working very much for Wiilliam Osler Health Centre
Telecommunications Attendant for two Hospitals (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioMarch 13, 2013
Pros: got to work with alot of interesting people.
Cons: some times had to work long hours and double shifts.
I was on a 6 month contract and worked in the communication department. Were called codes, paged Doctors and Nurses, Helped family members find there loved ones. Called taxes for different people, worked shifted work. Met alot of different people and staff members. Enjoyed working with everyone.Learned alot of different things while on the job.
Goodplace to work. Good opportunities.
Addiction Counsellor (Current Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 8, 2012
Pros: good opportunities
Cons: may have to work anytime including weekends
Goodplace to work. Good opportunities. Good management and good co-workers. Good job to help and serve people.
Productive and it was fun working with a multi-cultural team
Practical Nursing student - Clinical Placement (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: able to refresh my knowledge everyday
Cons: long hours
- The most clients were not able to talk and they needed the help of the nurses for the ADLs. There I learned a number of nursing skills and also learned how to interact with patients who are unable to talk.
- Co-workers were helpful and treated the students in a respectful manner
great
Telecommunications Attendant (Former Employee), brampton ontarioSeptember 4, 2012
Great place to work at. very friendly people and i enjoy the work i do.

About William Osler Health Centre

William Osler Health System is one of the largest hospital corporations in the Canadian province of Ontario. It serves a geographic – Read more