Willbros

Willbros Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Worst place I have ever worked, terrible management
HSE Advisor (Former Employee), CNRLFebruary 26, 2014
Cons: unpaid hours
Worked as HSE Advisor, experience of one Lead was 10 years at McDonalds, the other a Hair Dresser, basically anyone will do at Willbros. Project Management team was terrible, no clue what was going on. Incidents went not reported, do not follow their own mentorship or safety program. Strongly recommend staying away from these cowboys!!!
stay away
Welder (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJuly 24, 2013
by far the worst company ive ever worked for. my pay is wrong every week management treats you like a dog
very fast past and enjoyable company to work for.
3rd year apprentice/journeyman (Former Employee), SYncrude (fort mcmurray)March 18, 2013
Pros: job security, fast pace work
Cons: same environment
i started my apprenticeship with willbros so i was mainly a welders helper for the greatest duration ive worked with them. a typical day of work would be on a pipeline buffing and grinding, and doing a little bit of welding here and there as an apprentice.
everything i learned in the 4 years i worked there was what helped me become a journeyman today. – more... i learned how to weld, and handle grinders properly, learned how to fit flanges and all other types of fittings.learned how to cut properly with an oxy acetylene torch among other things that a great helper should know.
my coworkers were hands down the best ive worked with along with the people from the ST johns dockyard.
the hardest part of the job would be running around to do everything your journeyman welder demanded which would be a bit much at times but you got used to it and it makes you a better apprentice/welder in the long run.
the most enjoyable part of the job would be the fast pace work which always had you on your toes and made the days go by quick. – less
productive and fun, interesting place to work
Labourer (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: everyone was always willing to answer my questions while out on the job site.
My days were filled with a chance to learn something new everyday. I learned some things about welding, learned hoe to build skids. Became very good at filling out FLHA's. The management was very welcoming, and knowledgable, as were my cooworkers
Honestly the hardest part of my days were in the beginning, getting up so early, but i quickly became used – more... to it. I enjoyed learning something different everday, while working with really neat people – less
Great place to work!
Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee), AchesonAugust 29, 2012
I have had a great experience working with WIllbros, and would like to work for them again sometime in the future!
Great money and benefits..
Lead crane operator and supervisor (Former Employee), Hartsville, TN, Des Moines, IAJuly 27, 2014
Worked 7 days a week for sometimes months at a time. Long hard hours but very rewarding pay and good people. Lots of travel.
N/A
SAP MM Consultant R (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 6, 2014
Nice experience working at this company.
nice co-worker , good management
i loved it
spotter (Former Employee), pearlandApril 3, 2014
I grew up riding horses and doing rodeo such as barrel racing and poles, so being able to teach little kids and adults to teenagers how to ride and share my joy with them was wonderful
A structured work place
Designer II Mechanical Piping Dept (Current Employee), New OrleansOctober 17, 2013
Pros: flexible, great company benifits, strives to be the best
Cons: bi-weekly pay checks
Willbros is a great company to work for. They strive to make you feel comfortable, and create a great work environment. They hire knowledgeable staff in every department willing to help and guide you throughout your career.
Loved working at Willbros
Corporate Office Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 24, 2013
Pros: salary
Cons: lay offs
I loved working at Willbros. My position was great and I was on my own to run a team for office services and help with facilities. I also did a bit of procurement.
productive construction company
Welder Helper (Former Employee), texasApril 7, 2013
assisted welder in the welding and fabrication of pipe. not sure how buisness is conducted there now. i havent worked there or seen anyone that works for this company in five years or so.
Willbros
Sr. Accountant (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2013
Great company
Too much instability within the co.
Great hours/ benefits
Execellent co-workers
pipeline
Labor Foreman (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2012
its pipeline work what else can i say if you dont like the heat, cold or rain or mud then don't do it
fun workplce
bending engineer assistant; (Former Employee), from cameroon to kome chadSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: free lauches
Cons: health care services
-ONE memorble day was the day i saw the drilling machine for the first time infact i took a long time looking at it admiring it.
-i learn how to work with different cultures of people
-it was well manage
-my co-workers were both blacks and whites
-working on the row all day long
-when we were carried in our pick-up back to the camp.

About Willbros

Willbros Group, Inc. (Willbros) is an independent international contractor serving the oil, gas and power industries and government – Read more