Willbros Employee Reviews

Productive and good work
Welders Helper/General labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB30 June 2016
Working with good co-workers and friends i learned to become a good welder, productive days with a lot of work to do. Would like to work everyday full-time.i am multi-tasked and motivated to get the job done.
well run
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB22 May 2016
I enjoyed working here and I would go back. It was in Nisku, but the job came to an end. They have standard work hours, pay well and have good management.
Great Field Experience
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 September 2014
Able to work very closely with construction team and upper management at the same time. I was exposed to all aspects of the project that I was on, giving me a broad range of valuable knowledge of how a project is executed from start to finish. The company provided me with the opportunity to work out in the field and be exposed to how construction on pipelines in done in the real world not just on paper. Great place to work and gain filed experience.
Pros
Salary, Co-workers and supervisors
Cons
Work/Life Balance, Away from home
good experience
Electrical Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2016
i enjoyed my time here had lots of good experience worked with a lot of good people. As an apprentice was given lots of opportunity to learn new skills
place enjoyable to work with, work can be a bit strenuous.
Site Administrator/Timekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB11 October 2015
Company is about the productivity and numbers per month. Overall staff are enjoyable to be with. At times can be a strenuous place to deal with customers and management is not always supportive.
very fast past and enjoyable company to work for.
3rd year apprentice/journeyman (Former Employee) –  SYncrude (fort mcmurray)18 March 2013
i started my apprenticeship with willbros so i was mainly a welders helper for the greatest duration ive worked with them. a typical day of work would be on a pipeline buffing and grinding, and doing a little bit of welding here and there as an apprentice.
everything i learned in the 4 years i worked there was what helped me become a journeyman today. i learned how to weld, and handle grinders properly, learned how to fit flanges and all other types of fittings.learned how to cut properly with an oxy acetylene torch among other things that a great helper should know.
my coworkers were hands down the best ive worked with along with the people from the ST johns dockyard.
the hardest part of the job would be running around to do everything your journeyman welder demanded which would be a bit much at times but you got used to it and it makes you a better apprentice/welder in the long run.
the most enjoyable part of the job would be the fast pace work which always had you on your toes and made the days go by quick.
Pros
job security, fast pace work
Cons
same environment
productive and fun, interesting place to work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 February 2013
My days were filled with a chance to learn something new everyday. I learned some things about welding, learned hoe to build skids. Became very good at filling out FLHA's. The management was very welcoming, and knowledgable, as were my cooworkers
Honestly the hardest part of my days were in the beginning, getting up so early, but i quickly became used to it. I enjoyed learning something different everday, while working with really neat people
Pros
everyone was always willing to answer my questions while out on the job site.
Good people for the most part no loyalty to workers scattered work
Apprenitce Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB Fort Mac, AB13 April 2015
The people that I worked with were good most of the time the management system was flawed with promote your buddy to foreman but when the work was solid it was a good place to work.
Worst place I have ever worked, terrible management
HSE Advisor (Former Employee) –  CNRL26 February 2014
Worked as HSE Advisor, experience of one Lead was 10 years at McDonalds, the other a Hair Dresser, basically anyone will do at Willbros. Project Management team was terrible, no clue what was going on. Incidents went not reported, do not follow their own mentorship or safety program. Strongly recommend staying away from these cowboys!!!
Pros
Cons
Unpaid Hours
stay away
Welder (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB24 July 2013
by far the worst company ive ever worked for. my pay is wrong every week management treats you like a dog
Great place to work!
Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Acheson29 August 2012
I have had a great experience working with WIllbros, and would like to work for them again sometime in the future!