Willbros

Willbros Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Worst place I have ever worked, terrible management
HSE Advisor (Former Employee), CNRLFebruary 26, 2014
Cons: unpaid hours
Worked as HSE Advisor, experience of one Lead was 10 years at McDonalds, the other a Hair Dresser, basically anyone will do at Willbros. Project Management team was terrible, no clue what was going on. Incidents went not reported, do not follow their own mentorship or safety program. Strongly recommend staying away from these cowboys!!!
stay away
Welder (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJuly 24, 2013
by far the worst company ive ever worked for. my pay is wrong every week management treats you like a dog
very fast past and enjoyable company to work for.
3rd year apprentice/journeyman (Former Employee), SYncrude (fort mcmurray)March 18, 2013
Pros: job security, fast pace work
Cons: same environment
i started my apprenticeship with willbros so i was mainly a welders helper for the greatest duration ive worked with them. a typical day of work would be on a pipeline buffing and grinding, and doing a little bit of welding here and there as an apprentice.
everything i learned in the 4 years i worked there was what helped me become a journeyman today. i learned how to weld, and handle grinders properly, learned how to fit flanges and all other types of fittings.learned how to cut properly with an oxy acetylene torch among other things that a great helper should know.
my coworkers were hands down the best ive worked with along with the people from the ST johns dockyard.
the hardest part of the job would be running around to do everything your journeyman welder demanded which would be a bit much at times but you got used to it and it makes you a better apprentice/welder in the long run.
the most enjoyable part of the job would be the fast pace work which always had you on your toes and made the days go by quick.
productive and fun, interesting place to work
Labourer (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: everyone was always willing to answer my questions while out on the job site.
My days were filled with a chance to learn something new everyday. I learned some things about welding, learned hoe to build skids. Became very good at filling out FLHA's. The management was very welcoming, and knowledgable, as were my cooworkers
Honestly the hardest part of my days were in the beginning, getting up so early, but i quickly became used to it. I enjoyed learning something different everday, while working with really neat people
Great place to work!
Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee), AchesonAugust 29, 2012
I have had a great experience working with WIllbros, and would like to work for them again sometime in the future!

About Willbros

Willbros Group, Inc. (Willbros) is an independent international contractor serving the oil, gas and power industries and government – Read more