Job Title: HSE Supervisor, Tanks & Facilities
Reports to: Director - Health, Safety & Environment
Work Location: Corporate (Sherwood Park, AB) or various field locations
Reporting to the HSE Director and Business Unit General Manager, the HSE Supervisor is an integral part of the HSE team who provides technical support to site/project based HSE and Operational Personnel. Responsibilities are varied but include documentation and information management, record keeping, mentorship and training, and measurement of implemented HSE Management System effectiveness at the field level. Additionally, this position assists in the evaluation of potential field challenges and performs all functions and responsibilities in consonance with the Willbros value and vision.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Liaise with HSE Director and Business Unit General Manager and provide regular updates on Site and HSE Department activities and/or issues.
- Mentor HSE personnel through effective coaching, feedback, and follow up.
- Provide support and assistance to HSE Leads in the direction of field related HSE issues and/or challenges.
- Provide HSE related training to all project groups as required.
- Implement HSE Management Systems at the project level.
- Assist in the development of HSE specific documentation submission packages for the client.
- Assist in the development of Site Specific Safety Packages for new and existing projects.
- Monitor and measure HSE Management System effectiveness at the field level and report findings as per regular reporting timelines.
- Oversee incident investigations and TapRoot Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and corrective action implementation.
- Actively participate in formal inspections, focus audits, and observations.
- Assist the Project Manager in the screening of HSE candidates for open postings.
- Liaise with clients and other sub contractors.
- Provide necessary HSE field coverage when required.
- Other related duties and required.
- Minimum of four years of HSE experience in the Oil and Gas Sector
- Tanks experience considered an asset, as well as confined space, critical lifts and working from heights
- At a minimum, a National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO) designation. Occupational Health and Safety Certificate and CRSP designation an asset.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work to deadlines.
This is a permanent, full-time position with employer paid health, dental and pension benefits. Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Willbros Canada is an equal opportunity employer with competitive compensation packages.