Willbros Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

Apprenticeship
Apprentice Welder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 2, 2016
Good place to work, management is great

Environment is clean

people are very open to help one another as a team

most enjoyable part of the job is the people
Excellent company to work for
Electrical Materials CoOrdinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 14, 2016
Personnel are well treated and the company has great benefits. Training is ongoing and safety is paramount. Management were always open to suggestions.
Great work enviroment
Relief Supervisor & Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 12, 2016
I found the company to be very good to there employees. Everyone at the company got along great very little problems between workers
Pros
rate
Cons
lack of work
Learning
Welding Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 8, 2016
I had a good learning experience with Willbros. They treated me good and help teach me a lot about work and life. Working there as an apprentice in welding showed me how hard that life is and made me realize what I have to do to become a better one myself.
Overall great place to work.
Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 2, 2016
This was a great place to work and the management and staff were wonderful. Relocation was the reason for leaving. I was with them for 10 years and would still be there if not for the move.
Amazing People, Fun
Junior Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Anzac, ABJanuary 12, 2016
Willbros Canada is an amazing company with amazing people. The management and co-workers were all really enjoyable to work with.
It was a job.....
Site Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 7, 2016
Typical for industrial construction in the Oil and Gas sector. Management was slow to react and only got involved when there were challenges. The most enjoyable part of the job was the co-operation and professionalism of my co-workers.
Pros
"it's a job"
Cons
Lack of site management representation
decent, good pay
Excavator and Dozer Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 6, 2015
I would work for willbros on any large project again... not really sure about the short periods of work due to lack of jobs but fun place great people good atmosphere, oh and too many out of province workers hired vs local people being employed.
Pros
pay
Cons
security
good people to work with most of the workers are nice.
Civil Crew (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABOctober 9, 2015
Is it a good company to work for,but the main issue the projects are short term and you get laid off. is hard to live in Fort McMurray working for this company. No job security
Pros
Salary
Cons
Short term projects
Fun workplace with great leadership.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 25, 2015
Great workplace with awesome leadership, we had fun with what we did. When needed to be serious we were and enjoyed doing our job. The company was all about safety and that was a key part of the work environment. They had lots of task changes and deadlines which made it interesting.
Great management team.
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaJune 25, 2015
They had a great team of leaders and treated you good . I had a structural foreman spot and the crew was a great bunch and had the support of management . Safety is the number one priority.
Document Controller (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJune 20, 2015
Since I started working here I have met some pretty awesome people. The people here have become like a second family to me.
Good work and fantastic crews
Welder Helper/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 9, 2015
I really enjoyed the environment that I worked in and I learned a lot of useful skills. My foremans and general foreman cared about their crews and tried to accommodate us as much as they could. All and all, it is a really great company.
normal pipeline job
Labourer / Safety (Former Employee) –  AlbertaApril 20, 2015
Hard work in all weather with different levels of training. Working to get a tough job done as a crew safely. Working with a veriaty of personalitys
Good Company
QC Electrical Lead (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 1, 2015
Fair company, good work atmosphere and a good group of guys to work with. Company Benefits, Safety Orientated and family balanced
Not good place to work
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 12, 2015
they have big problem in management, organizing and communication with the workers.Each ppl they hired they told them the project just for 3 months then when we started working they said it will be last after month so they got laid off 40 ppl some of them they didnt complete 1 week.I didn't feel comfortable in morning meeting cuz the lunch trail is very small to fit almost 100 electricians. They pay good wage but still need more time to solve the mentioned problems and to develop themselves
horrible and toxic work environment
electrician (Former Employee) –  fort macMarch 11, 2015
The bad attitude starts at the very top with the electrical division of this gong show. First day there the project manager comes in yelling and cursing out the entire staff, this was a trend as his brother (a super) days later came in cursing and screaming about parts being left in trucks and this being the reason there are no materials to work with, nothing to do with the ineptitude of management naturally.

We were hired and told there would be 6-8 weeks work, got one turnaround and they laid off 54 people (including people who started a week after us who didn't even get a full turnaround). We were blatantly lied to about the length of time we were going to be there as it turned out they just needed to burn man hours. When lay off day came people were literally crossing their fingers to be on the list. General consensus was that the overwhelming majority would NEVER work for this company again.

Bottom line, no respect whatsoever for the employees and horrible management. If you get a call from this crowd for work do yourself a favour and don't pick up the phone.

On a side note the travel coordinator Cindy seems to be the only one who cares at all about the workers and works her butt off to manage more people than she should ever have to by herself.
Pros
getting laid off from willbros
Cons
you're working for willbros
Gained Experience in Field Services
Document Control and Site Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 5, 2015
Typical day of work was very productive and busy. Balancing time sensitive items, emergency requests and basic doc control duties. Worked in a small office within a large company.
Pros
every other fridays off
Cons
management
Mismanagement, no aknowldgment f of good work from manager
Safety lead and manager (Former Employee) –  Suncor siteDecember 16, 2014
always busy
How to focus on your duties in spite mismanagement
Poor
generally good,
dealing with workers who have connection with the manager
Always lot do, and salary on time
planner and scheduler
FACILITIES PLANNER AND SCHEDULER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 12, 2014
great company to work. All co-workers are very cooperative, excellent team players and all are hard workers