Willbros Canada Employee Reviews

good people to work with most of the workers are nice.
Civil Crew (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABOctober 9, 2015
Is it a good company to work for,but the main issue the projects are short term and you get laid off. is hard to live in Fort McMurray working for this company. No job security
Pros
Salary
Cons
Short term projects
0 leadership
HSE Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 10, 2016
Extremely disorganized company business units are a disaster. They have people in roles that are not knowledgeable skilled or Advanced enough to be placed in those rules. A lot of shoot-from-the-hip rules and programs developed. No alignment within the organization.
Pros
O
Cons
Worked way too much overtime with no pay
Good place to learn safety advisor job
Safety Lead (Former Employee) –  Hardisty, ABAugust 26, 2016
Willbros gave me a chance to learn my craft as a safety ad visor and I appreciated that very much. Willbros needs to provide more direction and safety training for the safety ad visors in the field. Training has been cut back due to slow down in the oil industry
Can't wait to work again with them!
Welder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJuly 16, 2016
Great company with extraordinary core values. Many divisions in the company to work with. Would love to make a career with the company.
Life with Willbros
Admin (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 25, 2016
My "typical day" isn't always a typical one, which kind of keeps things interesting.

Good place to work, with a variety of departments with a variety of people to work for and with.
Apprenticeship
Apprentice Welder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 2, 2016
Good place to work, management is great

Environment is clean

people are very open to help one another as a team

most enjoyable part of the job is the people
Excellent company to work for
Electrical Materials CoOrdinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 14, 2016
Personnel are well treated and the company has great benefits. Training is ongoing and safety is paramount. Management were always open to suggestions.
Overall great place to work.
Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 2, 2016
This was a great place to work and the management and staff were wonderful. Relocation was the reason for leaving. I was with them for 10 years and would still be there if not for the move.
Great work enviroment
Relief Supervisor & Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 12, 2016
I found the company to be very good to there employees. Everyone at the company got along great very little problems between workers
Pros
rate
Cons
lack of work
It was a job.....
Site Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 7, 2016
Typical for industrial construction in the Oil and Gas sector. Management was slow to react and only got involved when there were challenges. The most enjoyable part of the job was the co-operation and professionalism of my co-workers.
Pros
"it's a job"
Cons
Lack of site management representation
Learning
Welding Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 8, 2016
I had a good learning experience with Willbros. They treated me good and help teach me a lot about work and life. Working there as an apprentice in welding showed me how hard that life is and made me realize what I have to do to become a better one myself.
Amazing People, Fun
Junior Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Anzac, ABJanuary 12, 2016
Willbros Canada is an amazing company with amazing people. The management and co-workers were all really enjoyable to work with.
Mismanagement, no aknowldgment f of good work from manager
Safety lead and manager (Former Employee) –  Suncor siteDecember 16, 2014
always busy
How to focus on your duties in spite mismanagement
Poor
generally good,
dealing with workers who have connection with the manager
Always lot do, and salary on time
Good Company
QC Electrical Lead (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 1, 2015
Fair company, good work atmosphere and a good group of guys to work with. Company Benefits, Safety Orientated and family balanced
Disfunctional, political, Unsupportive second line management
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  VariousJune 1, 2014
If you are a professional, the risk thresthold is just too high. Second line and higher management demostrates little or no understanding of front line management responsibilies to (i.e.Safety & OH&S act/regulations, direct field and indirct labour supervision).

Co-workers were on a siding scale of behavior based on time in with the company. The longer they survive the worse team and general attitude becomes. Apparently, you have to have values polarized from the written ones to succeed.

Hardest part of the job; interference from unaccountable upper management. Help seamed to be never intended.

Enjoyable part was moving on to a higher career because of the experience.
Pros
competitive salery
Cons
too many professional risks.
decent, good pay
Excavator and Dozer Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 6, 2015
I would work for willbros on any large project again... not really sure about the short periods of work due to lack of jobs but fun place great people good atmosphere, oh and too many out of province workers hired vs local people being employed.
Pros
pay
Cons
security
Fun workplace with great leadership.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 25, 2015
Great workplace with awesome leadership, we had fun with what we did. When needed to be serious we were and enjoyed doing our job. The company was all about safety and that was a key part of the work environment. They had lots of task changes and deadlines which made it interesting.
Not good place to work
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 12, 2015
they have big problem in management, organizing and communication with the workers.Each ppl they hired they told them the project just for 3 months then when we started working they said it will be last after month so they got laid off 40 ppl some of them they didnt complete 1 week.I didn't feel comfortable in morning meeting cuz the lunch trail is very small to fit almost 100 electricians. They pay good wage but still need more time to solve the mentioned problems and to develop themselves
Boys club
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Fort mcMurrayOctober 29, 2014
Has the potential to be a great company; sadly this won't ever happen. Dreadful safety culture. Poor management structure-Friends getting friends jobs-foremen and general foremen are clueless and run from one catastrophe to another. Weed and strippers seem to be much more of a priority than providing a good product for the client.
Pros
pays well enough if you get loa otherwise they're just as low rent as all the others
Cons
crews and supervision are all stoners-quality of work bears this out.
Great management team.
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaJune 25, 2015
They had a great team of leaders and treated you good . I had a structural foreman spot and the crew was a great bunch and had the support of management . Safety is the number one priority.

2.6