Willbros Canada

Willbros Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Disfunctional, political, Unsupportive second line management
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), VariousJune 1, 2014
Pros: competitive salery
Cons: too many professional risks.
If you are a professional, the risk thresthold is just too high. Second line and higher management demostrates little or no understanding of front line management responsibilies to (i.e.Safety & OH&S act/regulations, direct field and indirct labour supervision).

Co-workers were on a siding scale of behavior based on time in with the company. The longer – more... they survive the worse team and general attitude becomes. Apparently, you have to have values polarized from the written ones to succeed.

Hardest part of the job; interference from unaccountable upper management. Help seamed to be never intended.

Enjoyable part was moving on to a higher career because of the experience. – less
depending on mood
Foreman-Ground Disturbance Coordinator (Current Employee), edmontonMay 23, 2014
Pros: could be fun
Cons: all good
it was fun while it last each on it own, depending on which crew you work with
Not good place to work with
Project Control Specialist (Current Employee), Fort McMurrey, ABMarch 4, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: bad management
Management is bad, not organized company, every one works on his own without specific rules.
Good place for exposure to different weld defects
Site QA/QC - Facilities Division (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: high turnover rate
Initially challenging, however the limited diversity in engineering disciplines caused me to seek out new work.
would'nt recommend it
Apprentice Electrician (Industrial) (Former Employee), Edmonton,ABJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: good pay in town
Cons: management
management was terrible, never had parts, and just out of the blue laid everyone off with no warning.
Great experience and all around work in my field
2nd Yr Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee), Edmonton AlbertaMay 15, 2013
Pros: great pay and hours
Cons: shortage of work had me working only 3-4 days a week
Not a bad place to work. Friendly coworkers and management but shortage of work had me falling on hard times.
long hours, lots of overtime
Ironworker Foreman (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2013
made lots of money there. lots of overtime. never than a single problem with anyone there
Two Faced Company
Estimator (Former Employee), EdontonFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: get rid of you without thinking
Worked in office, Management screwed up a bid, office staff paid the price, half of us laid off. When it came time to replace us none of laid off staff had a chance to get their old jobs back. Typical American company where people mean nothing. Senior Management forgets it is the people of the company that forgot them to where they are.
Overall a pretty good place to be.
Welder Apprentice (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: lots of over time.
Cons: a bit on the disorganized side.
Worked at the mod yard. I got in on t he pipe fab end of things. Seeing as how I didn't have a pressure ticket I had to pretty much be a pipe fitter for the whole duration of that job. I had to read and progress my isos. I also had to prep, fit and bridge tack pipe. I also had to set lines on mods and set projections.

The only kind of welding I did – more... there is guides and gussets and other such things. – less
Outstanding safety culture
General Labourer (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABOctober 31, 2012
Pros: loa provided
Cons: site was far from town
The project was a short one, but allowed me to break ground in an industry I've never been in previously. This was a fantastic opportunity to see what type of jobs exist and pursue a career accordingly.
Excellent Company
Welders helper (Former Employee), albain sands, fort mcmurryOctober 9, 2012
-Busy work day
-Basic construction skills were learnt
-Co workers were great to work with
Terrible working environment
Labourer (Former Employee), fort mcmurraySeptember 24, 2012
Pros: paid weekly
Cons: long distance away
Poor co-workers, bad attitudes
Poor communication
I was a new worker who was continuousljy told to meet at old yard, but take different routes of getting there. The location always changed.
good work place good people
Welder's Helper (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: was able to weld
Cons: didnt get paid for lunch hour
being a welder app u dont do alot of welding so during the day when we are nto busy my welding mentor use to let me weld some times morning meetings makes every one aware of dangers in the job site. hardest part of the job is getting all the gear out fast to start welding. most enjoyable part of this job was being able to weld and get along with my – more... mentor – less