The Senior Piping Estimator will be responsible for estimating, coordinating and closing of assigned Piping RFP’s in a full multi-discipline environment. The successful candidate will work under the guidance of the Senior Piping Estimator and with the estimating and proposal development team to provide Piping estimates and proposal information for fabrication, Module assembly and site installation of piping as may be required by the RFP. The required Estimating duties include development of Piping estimates including direct labour hours, equipment, material and indirect components together with the Piping related proposal information that may include development of build strategies, constructability and construction execution plans or schedules to provide complete and comprehensive piping estimates and proposals.
Working with the Estimating Manager and the Senior Piping Estimator, the Piping Estimator will also develop and maintain quantity based piping estimating systems using Accubid Enterprise estimating software. All estimating systems developed will be integrated with the existing Willbros, project controls, accounting, closing systems and requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Completion of material take-off for Piping estimates.
- Development of Unit Norms for Piping.
- Completion & Closing of piping estimates in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Development and Maintenance of Electrical & Instrumentation estimating software.
- Support others in the use of piping estimating software.
- The ideal candidate would have a pipe trade’s background with Post secondary education in Mechanical Engineering or Technology.
- A Minimum of 3 years experience with piping estimates in a heavy industrial environment.
- Previous experience with development of estimating, progress & productivity systems for piping would be an asset.