Wilfrid Laurier University Employee Review

View all Wilfrid Laurier University reviews

Productive Workplace, Committed to Excellence
Examination Proctor, Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON3 September 2013
Being a teaching assistant (TA) and a examination proctor at WLU was a great experience for me. As a first-time TA, there were many resources available to help me better my teaching skills and further my knowledge. The support system in place for teachers was excellent, and I felt I was constantly becoming more comfortable (while still challenged) in this role because of these resources. I worked with other grad students, and some excellent faculty members. The hardest part of this job was the learning curve, as it was quite steep. I enjoyed working with students and seeing the progress they made, as well as seeing the progress for myself.

Other Wilfrid Laurier University Employee Reviews

Productive and work hours are flexible
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 November 2017
I can work to my own flexibility and independence is a great value one can get from this work experience. The hardest part of this job is keeping yourself engaged and not slack off from the flexibility and freedom you get.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Great school
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON1 November 2017
I completed my undergraduate here and it was a great place to work and apply my knowledge. Professors were really knowledgeable and helpful in career planning.