Wilfrid Laurier University Employee Review

View all Wilfrid Laurier University reviews

Productive Workplace, Committed to Excellence
Examination Proctor, Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON3 September 2013
Being a teaching assistant (TA) and a examination proctor at WLU was a great experience for me. As a first-time TA, there were many resources available to help me better my teaching skills and further my knowledge. The support system in place for teachers was excellent, and I felt I was constantly becoming more comfortable (while still challenged) in this role because of these resources. I worked with other grad students, and some excellent faculty members. The hardest part of this job was the learning curve, as it was quite steep. I enjoyed working with students and seeing the progress they made, as well as seeing the progress for myself.

Other Wilfrid Laurier University Employee Reviews

Enjoyable workplace for students
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON3 February 2018
The paid work experience through WLU is accommodating for graduate students. The atmosphere is not stressful are there are a plethora of outlets where you can receive additional help if needed.
Learning Assistant
Learning Assistant Mentor (Former Employee) –  Learning Services6 January 2018
A great student job with learning services. I was able to balance my class workload and the requirements of the job. I received positive feedback regularly and was able to help develop the role.