Wilfrid Laurier University Employee Review

View all Wilfrid Laurier University reviews

Excellent environment and learned a lot from this experience.
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON23 January 2014
At this job, I walk around the classroom to make sure everyone has the required pages up on their computer screens following along with the lab instructor. After the lab instructor completes his talk, the students would begin a quiz and task where I would keep a close eye on students to make sure no one cheats. I would also assist students as needed if they have any questions. Since I was an instructional assistant for a computer science course, I have learned in depth what Microsoft Office has to offer to everyone. Everyone that I have worked with within the 1.5 years have been friendly and very easy to get along with. Even the lab instructor was easy to get in contact with if I had any questions and was always very approachable in the classroom for the students as well as the instructional assistants. I definitely really enjoyed this job and would do it again if an opportunity came along.

Other Wilfrid Laurier University Employee Reviews

Productive and work hours are flexible
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 November 2017
I can work to my own flexibility and independence is a great value one can get from this work experience. The hardest part of this job is keeping yourself engaged and not slack off from the flexibility and freedom you get.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Great school
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON1 November 2017
I completed my undergraduate here and it was a great place to work and apply my knowledge. Professors were really knowledgeable and helpful in career planning.