Wilfrid Laurier University Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Experience
Lab Instructor Assistant (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJune 25, 2015
A good contract job in debugging and testing code that other students had wrote. Fellow Lab Instructor Assistants were always helpful.
It was an overall rewarding experience
International Student Ambassador (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJune 16, 2015
Great working environment. They are a hard working team. There is always a job meant to be done.They really appreciate their employees.
Great place
Call Campaign Associate (Former Employee), Brantford, ONMay 26, 2015
very small role in a feedback program ran by school for prospective students. was a great environment and right on campus so it works for students
Fast passed environment, in a customer service job
FSA (Food Service Associate) (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONMay 13, 2015
Show up 20 minutes early, for parking and to get appropriate attire.
Find Your daily duties posted on scheduled wall.
While making sure that your duties get done, you may also have to assisting and supporting other coworkers. Managers/ Supervisors are not available during some work time, this allows for you to work independently and show responsibility.
Your task throughout the day change, which is apart of the job I enjoyed the most!
THERES WORK IF YOU GET LUCKY
Tutor (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONMay 5, 2015
job could've been good if more students showed up. The amount of students you get is totally dependent on how many students are taking the course and if you have a high enough grade to tutor it.
Proctoring
Exam Proctor (Former Employee), WaterlooApril 12, 2015
Pros: Opportunity
Cons: unpaired meetings
the proctoring was a great injection of salary during exam time. some responsibly and required attention. Overall a great way to make some money being a student.
University culture
Student Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONMarch 9, 2015
Involved in system upgrade project to upgrade from Novell to Active Directory for on campus computers. This project spanned multiple months.
Helped customers fix Outlook archives, Login issue, and other special software problems such as banner and VMware
Good experence
Teaching Assistant, Intermediate Econometrics (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 17, 2015
• Management skills increased by assisting professor to provide academic guidance to numerous students
• Advanced communication and problem-solving skills developed by setting extra office hours
• Organizational skills applied to grade assignments and tests and to proctor the midterm and final exams
• Deadline-focused and detail-oriented evaluated by professor and students
Depends on the position
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Brantford, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Depends completely on the position. It's decent part-time work--the university understands the busy schedule of most students.
Inspiring
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONDecember 14, 2014
Great work environment. As a Master's student and research assistant I was required to plan my own time effectively in order to complete tasks in a timely manner. I learned a lot about qualitative research and time management. The hardest part of the job was staying focused on the task at hand when new information or ideas came up. The most enjoyable part of the job was continuously learning more and more.
Productive and fun environment
Event Assistant (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONNovember 3, 2014
Awesome staff to work with, management was excellent. The most enjoyable part of work was working the kids and teaching them new skills each and everyday. Knowing that they were having a positive experience made it enjoyable for myself as well.
An amazing establishment to work for!
Department of Residence Associate (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONOctober 28, 2014
This was an amazing establishment to work for. The individuals who work at Wilfrid Laurier University are truly there for the students. Wilfrid Laurier continues to inspire me to become a better leader every single day. I would be honoured to return to Wilfrid Laurier University as an employee again in the future.
Always great to work at an academic institution
Teaching assistant (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONOctober 27, 2014
Not great with the paperwork, and term contracts get annoying, but otherwise excellent place to work.
The first full time job that I had worked.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONSeptember 13, 2014
A typical day at work: To develop Manulife clients application forms access database and perform filing clients' information to the company database
What you learned: I learned some policy of the life insurance company.
Management: There are two managers as a partners in the company, so sometimes they have the different idea for some issues.
Your co-workers: I love my colleagues who gave me some investment suggestions.
The hardest part of the job: How to handle some situations with two managers.
The most enjoyable part of the job: Knowing how to buy a reasonable life insurance in the future.
A great experience
Stock Market Investment Competitions (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 6, 2014
Wilfrid Laurier University has hosted an excellent event for us to have the chance to experience stock market with no risk.
We chose our own stock and operate through the Wilfrid Laurier University's website. I have learned many details about the function of stock market and team-working in a operation project.
Great working environment, no micromanaging
ESL Instructor (EAP) (Current Employee), Brantford OntarioAugust 1, 2014
A great balance between teaching hours and planning hours.
Rewarding work with a sense of community
Student Ambassador (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJuly 27, 2014
- a lot of interaction with incoming students
- very rewarding
Working on my Master's degree
M.A. Degree Community Psychology (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJune 18, 2014
I was working on my Master's degree full time. Courses included community development and other psychology courses.

After attaining Master's Degree, I lived in the Canadian arctic from 1988-91 (working for the Government of the Northwest Territories) developing self-help programmes as defined by and for Inuit peoples. I was also working as a psychologist/mental health specialist in that capacity.

In the arctic my salary was approximately $50,000 per year
Productive environment within a university setting
Student Health Promoter (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMay 28, 2014
Informed, advised, and educated students on health initiatives. Excellent managerial support.
Great opportunity for connecting within the world
International Peer Mentor (Current Employee), Brantford, ONMay 26, 2014
• Provide leadership and mentorship to new international students
• Maintain drop-in hours for students that need assistance
• develop and Facilitate programs and services for Laurier Brantford students
• other duties as assigned
• be a prefessional face and voice for Laurier Brantford International