The Finance & Administration department is the internal support for all departments and business operations of the Wilfrid Laurier University Students’ Union. It is focused on ensuring all levels of the Students’ Union are operating on a consistent and transparent basis, ensuring best practices are being followed for financial and human resource accountability.
Reporting to and partnering with the Executive Director & COO – the Director, Finance & Administration will be focused on achieving the goals of the Finance & Administration department of the Wilfrid Laurier University Students’ Union, on both the Waterloo and Brantford campuses. The Director, Finance & Administration will be responsible for the strategic planning and continuous development of the Students’ Union financial resources, human resources, facilities/office management, and information technology. Furthermore, the Director, Finance & Administration will be an advisor to all levels of the Students’ Union, evaluating and assisting each department with their financial and human resource needs, ensuring fiscal and fiduciary responsibility and adherence.
- Post-Graduate / Masters-level preferred (Masters in Business Administration, Masters in Leadership, or equivalent) – or – a Post-Secondary Degree / Diploma with a combination of equivalent work experience;
- A minimum of 5-7 years of progressive experience in a managerial role; previous experience in a similar managerial role is considered an asset;
- Possession and maintenance of either a CA/CMA/CGA/CPA and/or
- A CHRP (Certified Human Resources Professional) designation is preferred;
- Familiarity of higher education sector / university environment, student associations, and/or not-for-profit organizations considered an strong asset;
For a full job description, please visit http://bit.ly/Ypad7H
Applications must be received in the Wilfrid Laurier University Students’ Union office no later than Friday March 22, 2013 by 4:30pm. Applications can be emailed to [see application link] or in person to the Students’ Union offices on the 2nd Floor of the Fred Nichols Campus Centre, Waterloo, ON. Only qualified candidates will be acknowledged.