WILEY

WILEY Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good company to work for.
Facilities Assistant. (Former Employee), Hoboken, NJOctober 21, 2014
Pros: a nice place to work.
Cons: assignments are always on a temporary basis and i would love for this to change.
I worked for this company on a temporary basis and was hoping to be hired permanently, but it never happened.
Pretty good place to work
Sales (Current Employee), Hoboken, NJOctober 15, 2014
Friendly people, good work culture. Management seems very willing to work with you to get things done.
fun place to work
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 15, 2014
Pros: didn't have to report in the mornong to anyone
Cons: group organization not good
management very nice and comprehensive, co-workers understandable and friendly.
good workplacement
Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee), Hoboken, NJSeptember 29, 2014
Good work placement for employees who starts their careers
I worked with a wonderful group of people.
Customer Care Team Leader (Former Employee), Somerset, New JerseyJuly 1, 2014
My job was both challenging and rewarding. It was a very busy call center with about 30 customer service reps.
Great people. Difficult environment in Publishing in general
Senior Production Supervisor (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 20, 2014
Wiley was experiencing a major change in how Publishing works in the marketplace, and is working hard to realign itself to be a presence in years to come.
Good work/life and friendly people but going through layoffs.
Publicity Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 10, 2014
Wiley has a good work/life balance but they are going through major downsizing and morale is low. Hopefully once they get through the transition confidence and job security will be restored.
Wiley is very good company with great Job/Work Balance
Software Development Manager (Current Employee), Nizhni Novgorod, Russia...( branch)May 12, 2014
Wiley is very good company with great Job/Work Balance, great attitude to emplyees and developed corporate culture.
Very competitive but I love the drive
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 8, 2014
I have enjoyed doing business to business marketing but are ready for a career change.
Great People, Relaxed Environment
Video Intern (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 13, 2014
Literally everyone I met at Wiley was incredibly polite, professional, and relaxed. It was a wonderful work atmosphere that made it easy to work as a team.
A fast paced and productive workplace
Marketing Representative (Former Employee), Hoboken, NJMarch 4, 2014
A project oriented position that required follow thru and high communication skills with my superiors, associates and colleagues. I was heavily involved with organizing conferences for new Wiley online platforms. I also assisted with the transition of placing Wiley's medical journals onto the Wiley Online Library and facilitated its SEO.
Productive and Fun Environment
Engineering Sales Account Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 24, 2014
Previously submitted, co-workers supportive, management assisted with goal compliance
Excellent salary but no job security
Bulk warehouse controller (Former Employee), Bognor Regis, ENGFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: friendly staff, good benefits package
Cons: poor management staff policy, no security
Used to be a fantastic company with strong family values, merged with another publisher and now an awful place every position is under threat no job security and extremely poor HR department.
digital
digital sales (Former Employee), hoboken njFebruary 8, 2014
laid back very easy place everyone very nice but like all publishing they dont pay much
Great Culture
Events & Programs Coordinator (Current Employee), Hoboken, NJJanuary 14, 2014
Wiley is a great company with a great culture. Supportive and inspiring management teams. Great benefits.
Excellent organisation that encourages team work and collaboration.
Senior Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Oxford, ENGJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: large organisation meant getting involved in lots of different projects and learning new skills.
Cons: large organisation sometimes made decision making at the higher levels quite slow.
Working with the marketing director to develop marketing strategy and develop marketing plans for key areas and products with timelines and budgets.

Worked across the whole marketing spectrum from market research to the implementation of plans. This included desk research on competitors, market opportunities and trends, as well as using copywriting – more... skills to create catalogues, update websites, write and deploy promotional emails and online advertisements.

Worked with sales and editorial to target relevant sales channels and worked with exhibitions teams to organise and manage trade shows.

Management encouraged working in a collegiate fashion which meant that all members of a project team were kept informed of progress and understood their role in achieving each goal. Colleagues' views, ideas and opinions were respected and implemented where possible.

The hardest part of the job was managing the huge workload but this was also the most enjoyable part as it meant playing to my strengths in time management and prioritisation where I created templates and analysed campaign effectiveness to improve efficiency and results.

As well as undertaking marketing, part of my role was to support the Marketing Director, a legacy from beginning my career in Secretarial, Administration and PA roles. I dealt with travel and diary management, created presentations for tenders, pulled together data for reports and tenders, wrote all types of correspondence, took minutes, and followed up action points, working with at all levels across the business and with colleagues globally. – less
Great benefits, friendly colleagues
Senior HR Administrator (Current Employee), ChichesterDecember 27, 2013
Pros: clean modern offices
Cons: parking
Varied and interesting role.
Colleagues friendly and cooperative.
Consultant (Current Employee), Hoboken, NJDecember 1, 2013
great benefits
nice people
great benefits
nice people
The Place to Be
Administrator and Acting Office Manager (Former Employee), Hoboken, NJOctober 28, 2013
Excellent Company when I worked there. Strong top down culture. I am told that there are now a lot of layoffs.
Wiley's main trait is its high values
Director, World Languages (Former Employee), Hoboken, NJOctober 25, 2013
Pros: great creative freedom
Cons: decreasing budget for programs
Wiley is focused and driven by customer satisfaction. Creating quality products based on customers needs is the driving factor for Wiley. It is a company that encourages growth in its employees by providing many opportunities to learn the business in all its aspects. I had the privilege to apply my publishing and managerial expertise to grow the World – more... Languages line and produce the products my customers needed and requested. Wiley provides ample space for creativity to create products needed in the market. That freedom and respect was one of my most enjoyable experiences. Management is supportive of cost effective and creative ideas and strategies. Co-workers and reportees were also supportive of customer-driven improvements. It is a great working environment. – less

1 2 3

About WILEY

Wiley's Global Research business is a provider of content-enabled solutions to improve outcomes in research, education and professional – Read more