Wild Wing Employee Reviews

It was alright
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 27, 2016
Sure I didn't agree with my boss on a few things but over all it wasn't a bad place to work. The only reason I quit was because it was close to closing down.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Rude customers, dead hours
Poor Management
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ONJuly 9, 2016
Management would usually take more than a week to deal with a minor problem or not deal with the situation at all. Great co-workers
Pros
Grear work environment
Cons
Poorly Managed
wild wing
server/key holder (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 3, 2016
this job is very simple, really good experience for first time servers. interesting menu with over 100 wing flavors that keeps customers coming back and wanting to try more.
Enjoyable Workplace
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 23, 2016
A typical day at work includes providing customer service and interacting with clients.
I learned that each person is different, and the way of communicating has to be adjusted to fit the person.
The management is great, ensures that the workers are happy with how everything is operating.
The co-workers are very friendly and will provide assistance when needed.
The hardest part of the job is doing more than one position, I do hostess, waitressing and bartending; when it's busy, I have to be able to keep up with the rush and ensure all customers are accompanied.
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers, getting to know them and being able to understand each person.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Holland Landing, ONJune 20, 2016
A Typical day working at wild wing was very surprising and disturbing at that. I was a cook there and even being a cook in the bar you some how get in the mix of the drama. The interesting things that I learned at Wild Wing was the kitchen, the food and the temperatures that the food needed to prepared at. I also learnt how to make sure that the food was served in a timely manor. While working at Wild Wing the management were very shady and was not on top of there employees at any time. The co workers that Wild Wing had when i got hired were also very shady because they were not concerned about there job nor did they care to make sure that the bar was cleaned for the next shift to come in for work the following day. the hardest part of the job while i was working at Wild Wing was trying to fake with the co workers that you knew were talking about you behind there backs. The most enjoyable part of working at Wild Wing was learning the food and how to cook the chicken wings with all the different sauces.
Pros
meeting new customers
Cons
fake people that I worked with
Fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMarch 28, 2016
I enjoyed working here, it was a laid back environment, with good coworkers. Management was fair, coworkers were very helpful. Slightly stressful when busy.
productive and fast paced working atmosphere......
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 20, 2016
Wild wing has 100+ restaurants all over Canada.Its a family restaurant.I have learned to work under pressure of real busy hours.actually working fast become more fun and satisfying.The management is good.Co-workers are friendly and co-operative
Enjoyable establishment to work for
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONDecember 6, 2015
As the kitchen manager I have learned how to deal with problem's easily. Prioritizing the needs of the restaurant with the employees made everything work smoothly with one another. Knowing what i know now I am better at dealing with high stress levels. Hardest part of the job was dealing with employees schedules other then that things went smoothly.
Pros
The experiences.
Cons
Long hours but it is expected.
Line Cook / Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 1, 2015
I loved working here I was taught on how to prepare every item on the menu and even how to spice it up on how to make it taste even better.
I love the techniques they had taught me and the team we had. Management was fun to work with.
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONNovember 23, 2015
Great place to work with an amazing team of employees that make everyday fun and enjoyable. Management is encouraging and well structured.
Awesome Atmosphere
General Manager/Server (Former Employee) –  London OntaroNovember 2, 2015
I would come in in the mornings, open up the restaurant, make sure everything was clean before the customers started to roll in.
I learned a lot about the individuals that would come in, because we would sometimes start up a conversation and they always came back! Regulars were the best!
I quickly grew to Assistant Manager, then our General Manager quit and I was then promoted to General Manager. It was a great atmosphere, the only down fall was the owners were never around.
My co-workers were amazing! We were a team, always helping each other out when we could to make sure that the food was out properly and also that the customers had a great experience, from walking through our doors, to leaving the restaurant!
The hardest part of the job was having individuals on call and when we would call they wouldn't answer their phones, so we would end up doing it all on our own.
The most enjoyable part was the customers honestly. They were always happy and they always came back! It was definitely the best working atmosphere I've been in.
Pros
The amazing customers
Cons
Co-Workers not answering their phones when they were scheduled for on call.
Nice work Enviroment, Lack of appreciation.
Cook (Former Employee) –  VaughanSeptember 17, 2015
Nice people and a fun workplace. Fast paced enviroment. Low pay for my experience and hard work. The boss rarely showed appreciation for hard work.
Pros
Discount Food
Cons
Low pay
Fun work place
Cook (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 18, 2015
Fun work place with friendly management. Its all about how you develop . wings are awesome here and they got more then 100 flavours of wings. you get free lunch. i love working there as part-time. Overall excellent place.
Fun and great people to work with
Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  North York, ONMay 6, 2015
Wonderful place to work at. Staff and customers are very interactive. I enjoy the friendly and family atmosphere we created.
Pros
pay & benefits
Cons
longer hours
Fast Paced
Server (Current Employee) –  BeaumontApril 29, 2015
High tabled turnover, with a friendly atmosphere. You get to know the regular customers very well which makes the job personal and enjoyable. Rushes while working alone can make the job challenging but keep it interesting.
Busy yet productive time spent on the job.
Kitchen Staff/ Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONApril 29, 2015
A typical day at work would involve preparing sauces, vegetables and dips while making orders which varied from wings, sandwiches, salads, to deserts. The co-workers provided a very welcoming environment at all times and worked well together. The hardest part of the job was during close, due to the amount of customers who would order food when attempting to clean the kitchen.
Pros
Delicious food with a great discount!
Cons
Extremely stressful when worked alone
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2015
it's really good place to work . you get lot of job experience ,working in a team.cooooooooooooooooooooooooooool place
fun and fast paced
COOK SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  oak ridgesMarch 11, 2015
the team here was great
i learned to cook and manage a restaraunt
the management here was really good
the fast pace sometimes was hard
the people were the most enjoyable
plus i love to cook
Pros
free food
what can i say
Cook (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONDecember 2, 2014
had a bad experience with wild wing. manager was a ... you know..... food was discusting and not fresh... i mean who really deepfrys a burger.
Was always at work often on my day off to
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 23, 2014
Opened and closed the restaurant,
Did a lot of cleaning. and packed all the stock away.
worked long shifts and often didn't have a family life