Wild Wing Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
productive and fast paced working atmosphere......
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 20, 2016
Wild wing has 100+ restaurants all over Canada.Its a family restaurant.I have learned to work under pressure of real busy hours.actually working fast become more fun and satisfying.The management is good.Co-workers are friendly and co-operative
Enjoyable establishment to work for
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONDecember 6, 2015
Pros: The experiences.
Cons: Long hours but it is expected.
As the kitchen manager I have learned how to deal with problem's easily. Prioritizing the needs of the restaurant with the employees made everything work smoothly with one another. Knowing what i know now I am better at dealing with high stress levels. Hardest part of the job was dealing with employees schedules other then that things went smoothly.
Wild Wing
Line Cook / Server (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 1, 2015
I loved working here I was taught on how to prepare every item on the menu and even how to spice it up on how to make it taste even better.
I love the techniques they had taught me and the team we had. Management was fun to work with.
Wild Wing
Waitress (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONNovember 23, 2015
Great place to work with an amazing team of employees that make everyday fun and enjoyable. Management is encouraging and well structured.
Awesome Atmosphere
General Manager/Server (Former Employee), London OntaroNovember 2, 2015
Pros: The amazing customers
Cons: Co-Workers not answering their phones when they were scheduled for on call.
I would come in in the mornings, open up the restaurant, make sure everything was clean before the customers started to roll in.
I learned a lot about the individuals that would come in, because we would sometimes start up a conversation and they always came back! Regulars were the best!
I quickly grew to Assistant Manager, then our General Manager quit and I was then promoted to General Manager. It was a great atmosphere, the only down fall was the owners were never around.
My co-workers were amazing! We were a team, always helping each other out when we could to make sure that the food was out properly and also that the customers had a great experience, from walking through our doors, to leaving the restaurant!
The hardest part of the job was having individuals on call and when we would call they wouldn't answer their phones, so we would end up doing it all on our own.
The most enjoyable part was the customers honestly. They were always happy and they always came back! It was definitely the best working atmosphere I've been in.
Nice work Enviroment, Lack of appreciation.
Cook (Former Employee), VaughanSeptember 17, 2015
Pros: Discount Food
Cons: Low pay
Nice people and a fun workplace. Fast paced enviroment. Low pay for my experience and hard work. The boss rarely showed appreciation for hard work.
Fun work place
Cook (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 18, 2015
Fun work place with friendly management. Its all about how you develop . wings are awesome here and they got more then 100 flavours of wings. you get free lunch. i love working there as part-time. Overall excellent place.
Fun and great people to work with
Manager of Operations (Current Employee), North York, ONMay 6, 2015
Pros: pay & benefits
Cons: longer hours
Wonderful place to work at. Staff and customers are very interactive. I enjoy the friendly and family atmosphere we created.
Fast Paced
Server (Current Employee), BeaumontApril 29, 2015
High tabled turnover, with a friendly atmosphere. You get to know the regular customers very well which makes the job personal and enjoyable. Rushes while working alone can make the job challenging but keep it interesting.
Busy yet productive time spent on the job.
Kitchen Staff/ Sous Chef (Former Employee), Guelph, ONApril 29, 2015
Pros: Delicious food with a great discount!
Cons: Extremely stressful when worked alone
A typical day at work would involve preparing sauces, vegetables and dips while making orders which varied from wings, sandwiches, salads, to deserts. The co-workers provided a very welcoming environment at all times and worked well together. The hardest part of the job was during close, due to the amount of customers who would order food when attempting to clean the kitchen.
Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2015
it's really good place to work . you get lot of job experience ,working in a team.cooooooooooooooooooooooooooool place
fun and fast paced
COOK SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), oak ridgesMarch 11, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours
the team here was great
i learned to cook and manage a restaraunt
the management here was really good
the fast pace sometimes was hard
the people were the most enjoyable
plus i love to cook
what can i say
Cook (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONDecember 2, 2014
had a bad experience with wild wing. manager was a ... you know..... food was discusting and not fresh... i mean who really deepfrys a burger.
Was always at work often on my day off to
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 23, 2014
Opened and closed the restaurant,
Did a lot of cleaning. and packed all the stock away.
worked long shifts and often didn't have a family life
A fun job !
Line cook (Former Employee), Barrie, ONSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: great staff and management, fun
Cons: no benefits
This was an excellent place to work and I had a great time there until the business closed down. The management was phenomenal and so were all the other staff members.

The only con was constantly having to apprehend teen aged shoplifters. They can be quite nasty and quick.

All you had to do was provide excellent customer service and have an extensive knowledge of seasonal trends in makeup hair and accessories . Personally I had a great time.
Great place to work with good people management needs to improve
Line Cook (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONAugust 23, 2014
Pros: great co workers and regulars
Wild Wing has a great work family. Everyone is friendly and we all get along. Management needs to improve.
Fun and enjoyable work environment
Cook (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJuly 31, 2014
A typical day at work would be coming in to prep all things I would need for the night shift: carrots and celery, any dips, all sauces filled.
I learned how to cook and maintain a clean kitchen while dealing with an extremely busy restaurant.
Working with my bosses and the servers is enjoyable. The floor staff and the kitchen staff work together to maintain a happy work environment while also being on task.
Wild Wing Review
Server (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 9, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: everything
Worst place to work. You dont get paid overtime, once 2am comes your pay stops no matter how long you work, could be 3am, or 4am for extra cleaning, service, etc.No breaks. No paid training.
Great workplace
hostess, kitchen (Former Employee), boltonJune 2, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Worked for wild wing since I was 12, love every minute of it
Already reviewed wild wing in my last review
Family Oriented Atmosphere
Server (Current Employee), Kitchener, OntarioMay 29, 2014
Pros: meal discounts and great atmosphere
Cons: no lunch breaks
During a regular day shift at Wild Wing can be very slow and typically I will be productive and work on daily duties, one being clean/sweep table tops, benches and floors. Once lunch rush and pre dinner rushes begins it gets very exciting because I get to interact with customers and build business rapport for not only the restaurant, but myself.

I've learned to manage my time more wisely, prioritize much better as well as perform excellent customer service. I have also learned managerial duties due to working day shifts alone.

The restaurant is family owned therefore, the owner truly emphasizes on treating every employee and customer like family, making everyone feel comfortable.

The hardest part of the job was to satisfy myself, it gives me great pleasure to make sure every customer is satisfied. Although one upset customer for any reason at all (personal, work, my customer service etc.) it saddens me when I cannot turn things around.

The most enjoyable part of the job and hearing great compliments from fellow co-workers and customers. Knowing the work I do is being appreciated gives me such motivation to do more.