Wild Wing Employee Reviews

Great Franchise
Manager/Server (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 December 2016
They treat their manager very well, provide them with assistance when needed and are constantly improving menus. The food taste great.
The atmosphere was fun
Waitress Employed (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 December 2016
The food is not bad, there was high turn over at this restaurant due to it being new to BC. It was a fun job, again it felt like I was there almost everyday.
Pros
Fun
Cons
No benefits
Typical day is very busy and eventful
Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2016
Typically on a normal day,many regulars come in keeping me busy and occupied. the atmosphere is light and easy to work in. Management gets along and forms relationship with everyone around them. The hardest part at times may be being a little to underprepared staff wise on biggger event days, in that case existing staff may have to pull extra weight which may stop them from preforming there best. The most important part of the job is meeting new customers!
Pros
working with and for a great bunch of people.
Cons
Not alot of full time oppertunities availble
Productive and fun
Fry cook (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 November 2016
Working at at this establishment was great. preparing food was a passion everyone shared. a safe and sanitary environment was key in keeping up productivity. Overall, a great experience.
bad owners can ruin a place
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 November 2016
Did not get paid and the place actually ended up closing down.

bad owners can make a good place look so bad,,
ended up getting shut down...
owner called me an idiot etc

not a positive atmosphere at all
Cons
long hours and no pay
productive, good job work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 September 2016
a day is quite good at work. I have learned many things about working conditions in brampton like culture , communication skills, serving skills. Management is good enough with helping and cooperative co workers. As its a temporary job so it is a hardest part.
Pros
good working enviorment
Cons
temporary
It was alright
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON27 July 2016
Sure I didn't agree with my boss on a few things but over all it wasn't a bad place to work. The only reason I quit was because it was close to closing down.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Rude customers, dead hours
Poor Management
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON9 July 2016
Management would usually take more than a week to deal with a minor problem or not deal with the situation at all. Great co-workers
Pros
Grear work environment
Cons
Poorly Managed
wild wing
server/key holder (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 July 2016
this job is very simple, really good experience for first time servers. interesting menu with over 100 wing flavors that keeps customers coming back and wanting to try more.
Enjoyable Workplace
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2016
A typical day at work includes providing customer service and interacting with clients.
I learned that each person is different, and the way of communicating has to be adjusted to fit the person.
The management is great, ensures that the workers are happy with how everything is operating.
The co-workers are very friendly and will provide assistance when needed.
The hardest part of the job is doing more than one position, I do hostess, waitressing and bartending; when it's busy, I have to be able to keep up with the rush and ensure all customers are accompanied.
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers, getting to know them and being able to understand each person.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Holland Landing, ON20 June 2016
A Typical day working at wild wing was very surprising and disturbing at that. I was a cook there and even being a cook in the bar you some how get in the mix of the drama. The interesting things that I learned at Wild Wing was the kitchen, the food and the temperatures that the food needed to prepared at. I also learnt how to make sure that the food was served in a timely manor. While working at Wild Wing the management were very shady and was not on top of there employees at any time. The co workers that Wild Wing had when i got hired were also very shady because they were not concerned about there job nor did they care to make sure that the bar was cleaned for the next shift to come in for work the following day. the hardest part of the job while i was working at Wild Wing was trying to fake with the co workers that you knew were talking about you behind there backs. The most enjoyable part of working at Wild Wing was learning the food and how to cook the chicken wings with all the different sauces.
Pros
meeting new customers
Cons
fake people that I worked with
Fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON28 March 2016
I enjoyed working here, it was a laid back environment, with good coworkers. Management was fair, coworkers were very helpful. Slightly stressful when busy.
productive and fast paced working atmosphere......
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 January 2016
Wild wing has 100+ restaurants all over Canada.Its a family restaurant.I have learned to work under pressure of real busy hours.actually working fast become more fun and satisfying.The management is good.Co-workers are friendly and co-operative
Enjoyable establishment to work for
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON6 December 2015
As the kitchen manager I have learned how to deal with problem's easily. Prioritizing the needs of the restaurant with the employees made everything work smoothly with one another. Knowing what i know now I am better at dealing with high stress levels. Hardest part of the job was dealing with employees schedules other then that things went smoothly.
Pros
The experiences.
Cons
Long hours but it is expected.
Line Cook / Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 December 2015
I loved working here I was taught on how to prepare every item on the menu and even how to spice it up on how to make it taste even better.
I love the techniques they had taught me and the team we had. Management was fun to work with.
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON23 November 2015
Great place to work with an amazing team of employees that make everyday fun and enjoyable. Management is encouraging and well structured.
Awesome Atmosphere
General Manager/Server (Former Employee) –  London Ontaro2 November 2015
I would come in in the mornings, open up the restaurant, make sure everything was clean before the customers started to roll in.
I learned a lot about the individuals that would come in, because we would sometimes start up a conversation and they always came back! Regulars were the best!
I quickly grew to Assistant Manager, then our General Manager quit and I was then promoted to General Manager. It was a great atmosphere, the only down fall was the owners were never around.
My co-workers were amazing! We were a team, always helping each other out when we could to make sure that the food was out properly and also that the customers had a great experience, from walking through our doors, to leaving the restaurant!
The hardest part of the job was having individuals on call and when we would call they wouldn't answer their phones, so we would end up doing it all on our own.
The most enjoyable part was the customers honestly. They were always happy and they always came back! It was definitely the best working atmosphere I've been in.
Pros
The amazing customers
Cons
Co-Workers not answering their phones when they were scheduled for on call.
Nice work Enviroment, Lack of appreciation.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Vaughan17 September 2015
Nice people and a fun workplace. Fast paced enviroment. Low pay for my experience and hard work. The boss rarely showed appreciation for hard work.
Pros
Discount Food
Cons
Low pay
Fun work place
Cook (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 August 2015
Fun work place with friendly management. Its all about how you develop . wings are awesome here and they got more then 100 flavours of wings. you get free lunch. i love working there as part-time. Overall excellent place.
Fun and great people to work with
Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  North York, ON6 May 2015
Wonderful place to work at. Staff and customers are very interactive. I enjoy the friendly and family atmosphere we created.
Pros
pay & benefits
Cons
longer hours