Wild Wing Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Different/New workplace with fun staff and great menu
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON19 June 2017
My typical day at work would be getting starting 15 minutes early, for example if my start time was 11 am I would be there for 10:45, ready to work. I would either be tossing wings, working salad bar, or cooking with deep fryers. I learned a lot of restaurant skills.

The hardest part of the job, was probably getting the rest of the staff to follow the basic portioning procedures, as well as having them work to their full potential.

The most enjoyable part of the job, would be being extremely busy and focused. It was always quite busy and I always got to take a break after the dinner rush. We also got 50% off on food.
Pros
50% off Food and fun workplace
Cons
Extremely unprofessional and unorganized management with bad temper.
Decent place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 June 2017
I was a line cook at wild wings. Atmosphere was alright, the people that worked there were alright and pretty friendly. Place wasn't too clean and sometimes hectic in there.
Fun workplace
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON29 May 2017
Amazing staff! Great hours! Regulars are friendly. Opportunity to begin with no experience. 6-hour shifts. great food and fun work environment, couldn't work at a better restaurant!
Great
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON20 May 2017
I enjoy working here, the work environment is enjoyable and it is a family environment. I've learned how to bartend and also how to give customers a great experience.
Great
Supervisor/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON5 April 2017
Owner was rude with little regard to staff. Manager was amazing, understanding, hardworking, organized, intelligent and thoughtful. Turnover was high due to student employment.
Very Unprofessional
WAITRESS/BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2017
At this workplace, schedules were not made and distributed to workers. People would be asked to go in an hour before the shift. There was much confusion in general when it came to communication between the manager and the servers. At this workplace I advanced my customer service skills and my ability to communicate with customers.
Pros
Half price food, tips
Cons
long hours, late hours
Great First customer service job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON6 February 2017
A great way to learn the ropes of a real customer service job. Learning to work with the waiters and waitresses was also very helpful in learning the necessary collaboration skills.
good experience of the kitchen lifestyle
Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 December 2016
I would do a little bit of everything from washing dishes to portioning appetizers to making all of the moods offered on the menu. I learned to be good with my timing and the importance of presentation. Lots of the kitchen people were pretty quiet but all were nice. The hardest part of the job was working in a confined space. The most enjoyable part was receiving compliments on food and learning basic kitchen skills.
Pros
free foods during work, discounts, tips, work parties
Cons
confined and hot work space
Great Franchise
Manager/Server (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 December 2016
They treat their manager very well, provide them with assistance when needed and are constantly improving menus. The food taste great.
The atmosphere was fun
Waitress Employed (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 December 2016
The food is not bad, there was high turn over at this restaurant due to it being new to BC. It was a fun job, again it felt like I was there almost everyday.
Pros
Fun
Cons
No benefits
Typical day is very busy and eventful
Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2016
Typically on a normal day,many regulars come in keeping me busy and occupied. the atmosphere is light and easy to work in. Management gets along and forms relationship with everyone around them. The hardest part at times may be being a little to underprepared staff wise on biggger event days, in that case existing staff may have to pull extra weight which may stop them from preforming there best. The most important part of the job is meeting new customers!
Pros
working with and for a great bunch of people.
Cons
Not alot of full time oppertunities availble
Productive and fun
Fry cook (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 November 2016
Working at at this establishment was great. preparing food was a passion everyone shared. a safe and sanitary environment was key in keeping up productivity. Overall, a great experience.
bad owners can ruin a place
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 November 2016
Did not get paid and the place actually ended up closing down.

bad owners can make a good place look so bad,,
ended up getting shut down...
owner called me an idiot etc

not a positive atmosphere at all
Cons
long hours and no pay
productive, good job work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 September 2016
a day is quite good at work. I have learned many things about working conditions in brampton like culture , communication skills, serving skills. Management is good enough with helping and cooperative co workers. As its a temporary job so it is a hardest part.
Pros
good working enviorment
Cons
temporary
It was alright
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON27 July 2016
Sure I didn't agree with my boss on a few things but over all it wasn't a bad place to work. The only reason I quit was because it was close to closing down.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Rude customers, dead hours
Poor Management
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON9 July 2016
Management would usually take more than a week to deal with a minor problem or not deal with the situation at all. Great co-workers
Pros
Grear work environment
Cons
Poorly Managed
wild wing
server/key holder (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 July 2016
this job is very simple, really good experience for first time servers. interesting menu with over 100 wing flavors that keeps customers coming back and wanting to try more.
Enjoyable Workplace
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2016
A typical day at work includes providing customer service and interacting with clients.
I learned that each person is different, and the way of communicating has to be adjusted to fit the person.
The management is great, ensures that the workers are happy with how everything is operating.
The co-workers are very friendly and will provide assistance when needed.
The hardest part of the job is doing more than one position, I do hostess, waitressing and bartending; when it's busy, I have to be able to keep up with the rush and ensure all customers are accompanied.
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers, getting to know them and being able to understand each person.
Wild Wing
Cook (Former Employee) –  Holland Landing, ON20 June 2016
A Typical day working at wild wing was very surprising and disturbing at that. I was a cook there and even being a cook in the bar you some how get in the mix of the drama. The interesting things that I learned at Wild Wing was the kitchen, the food and the temperatures that the food needed to prepared at. I also learnt how to make sure that the food was served in a timely manor. While working at Wild Wing the management were very shady and was not on top of there employees at any time. The co workers that Wild Wing had when i got hired were also very shady because they were not concerned about there job nor did they care to make sure that the bar was cleaned for the next shift to come in for work the following day. the hardest part of the job while i was working at Wild Wing was trying to fake with the co workers that you knew were talking about you behind there backs. The most enjoyable part of working at Wild Wing was learning the food and how to cook the chicken wings with all the different sauces.
Pros
meeting new customers
Cons
fake people that I worked with
Fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON28 March 2016
I enjoyed working here, it was a laid back environment, with good coworkers. Management was fair, coworkers were very helpful. Slightly stressful when busy.