Wild Wing Employee Reviews in Canada

Enjoyable establishment to work for
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONDecember 6, 2015
As the kitchen manager I have learned how to deal with problem's easily. Prioritizing the needs of the restaurant with the employees made everything work smoothly with one another. Knowing what i know now I am better at dealing with high stress levels. Hardest part of the job was dealing with employees schedules other then that things went smoothly.
Pros
The experiences.
Cons
Long hours but it is expected.
productive and fast paced working atmosphere......
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 20, 2016
Wild wing has 100+ restaurants all over Canada.Its a family restaurant.I have learned to work under pressure of real busy hours.actually working fast become more fun and satisfying.The management is good.Co-workers are friendly and co-operative
Wild Wing
Line Cook / Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 1, 2015
I loved working here I was taught on how to prepare every item on the menu and even how to spice it up on how to make it taste even better.
I love the techniques they had taught me and the team we had. Management was fun to work with.
Wild Wing
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONNovember 23, 2015
Great place to work with an amazing team of employees that make everyday fun and enjoyable. Management is encouraging and well structured.
Awesome Atmosphere
General Manager/Server (Former Employee) –  London OntaroNovember 2, 2015
I would come in in the mornings, open up the restaurant, make sure everything was clean before the customers started to roll in.
I learned a lot about the individuals that would come in, because we would sometimes start up a conversation and they always came back! Regulars were the best!
I quickly grew to Assistant Manager, then our General Manager quit and I was then promoted to General Manager. It was a great atmosphere, the only down fall was the owners were never around.
My co-workers were amazing! We were a team, always helping each other out when we could to make sure that the food was out properly and also that the customers had a great experience, from walking through our doors, to leaving the restaurant!
The hardest part of the job was having individuals on call and when we would call they wouldn't answer their phones, so we would end up doing it all on our own.
The most enjoyable part was the customers honestly. They were always happy and they always came back! It was definitely the best working atmosphere I've been in.
Pros
The amazing customers
Cons
Co-Workers not answering their phones when they were scheduled for on call.
Nice work Enviroment, Lack of appreciation.
Cook (Former Employee) –  VaughanSeptember 17, 2015
Nice people and a fun workplace. Fast paced enviroment. Low pay for my experience and hard work. The boss rarely showed appreciation for hard work.
Pros
Discount Food
Cons
Low pay
Fun work place
Cook (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 18, 2015
Fun work place with friendly management. Its all about how you develop . wings are awesome here and they got more then 100 flavours of wings. you get free lunch. i love working there as part-time. Overall excellent place.
Busy yet productive time spent on the job.
Kitchen Staff/ Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONApril 29, 2015
A typical day at work would involve preparing sauces, vegetables and dips while making orders which varied from wings, sandwiches, salads, to deserts. The co-workers provided a very welcoming environment at all times and worked well together. The hardest part of the job was during close, due to the amount of customers who would order food when attempting to clean the kitchen.
Pros
Delicious food with a great discount!
Cons
Extremely stressful when worked alone
Fast Paced
Server (Current Employee) –  BeaumontApril 29, 2015
High tabled turnover, with a friendly atmosphere. You get to know the regular customers very well which makes the job personal and enjoyable. Rushes while working alone can make the job challenging but keep it interesting.
Fun and great people to work with
Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  North York, ONMay 6, 2015
Wonderful place to work at. Staff and customers are very interactive. I enjoy the friendly and family atmosphere we created.
Pros
pay & benefits
Cons
longer hours
fun and fast paced
COOK SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  oak ridgesMarch 11, 2015
the team here was great
i learned to cook and manage a restaraunt
the management here was really good
the fast pace sometimes was hard
the people were the most enjoyable
plus i love to cook
Pros
free food
A fun job !
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONSeptember 7, 2014
This was an excellent place to work and I had a great time there until the business closed down. The management was phenomenal and so were all the other staff members.

The only con was constantly having to apprehend teen aged shoplifters. They can be quite nasty and quick.

All you had to do was provide excellent customer service and have an extensive knowledge of seasonal trends in makeup hair and accessories . Personally I had a great time.
Pros
great staff and management, fun
Cons
no benefits
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2015
it's really good place to work . you get lot of job experience ,working in a team.cooooooooooooooooooooooooooool place
Fun and enjoyable work environment
Cook (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONJuly 31, 2014
A typical day at work would be coming in to prep all things I would need for the night shift: carrots and celery, any dips, all sauces filled.
I learned how to cook and maintain a clean kitchen while dealing with an extremely busy restaurant.
Working with my bosses and the servers is enjoyable. The floor staff and the kitchen staff work together to maintain a happy work environment while also being on task.
Fast paced learning enviornment
WAITRESS/SERVER (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ONMarch 22, 2014
A typical day at work could have included opening the restaurant, making sure everything was clean and looked presentable for customers. Filling the ice, putting glasses away, stocking beers and informing the manager of what needed to be ordered were some responsibilities as an employee. Co-workers were extreme friendly and got along with them very well and enjoyed working with them on a regular basis. Always had such a great time getting to know the customers and serve them to the best of my ability and leave them satisfied with our wings.
Pros
employee discount, simple menu
Cons
working overtime, under staffed
Fun atmosphere
Server/bartender (Former Employee) –  Gravenhurst, ONSeptember 3, 2013
Enjoyed my daily shift. I would open the restaurant.i enjoyed working with some of the other girls, but 95% of the time i worked alone. Which most days i ended up cleaning up after the night shift. The job would have been great if there was proper management. Due to lack of management the staff would get away with disgusting behavior and bad habits.
My most enjoyable part of the job was the customers and the relationships that you can make with them. A happy customer is a repeat customer.
Pros
friendly customers
Cons
management
Fun environment
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 28, 2013
My Co-workers are amazing, although our manager is quite new. This was my first ever job so I improved my time management, leadership, and working independently greatly. The hardest part of the job is when the restaurant gets very busy and there are not enough employees working in the kitchen. The most enjoyable part of the job is break time where we can just interact with our fellow co-workers.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
working alone in the kitchen most of the time
Great customers and awesome staff
Server (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 9, 2014
At work Id help take care of the bar area and keep the restaurant presentable. The servers would take turn with tables and enjoy the night.
The customers were the best part of the job, meeting new people and engaging in conversations with them had to be my favourite.
The toughest part of the job were the closing shifts, due to closing hours and waiting for customers to leave.
Fun place to work
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONFebruary 10, 2014
I enjoyed everything about working at Wild Wing beside the poor management from the owner and manager of the specific Wild Wing where I was employed. The manager where I was employed had worked there for 5 years and had clearly became really comfortable and lazy because when I started working there, there was so much to be done. I found that all the girls who worked there were quite bitter and did not help each other out because no one there got along with the manager who had the majority of the shifts. Other than that all the customers were amazing people and I enjoyed interacting with them a lot. I always enjoy making someones day happier and giving someone an ear when they need it. The saddest part of leaving my job was leaving the customers but it was stressful working in an environment where no one was supporting each other.
Friendly co-workers and always a happy time.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMarch 23, 2013
- Cleaned , served at least 6 tables of 5 per day, quite busy on weekends
- learned to be more outgoing and became a better server
-unorganized at times
-very friendly
-memorizing the menu and the types of sauces for the wings.
-never seemed like a drag, was always fun .