Retail Store Manager/Buyer
Wild Impulse is an exciting, locally owned company in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island.. We have been in business for over 12 years.
We are well known for offering the public a fun, unique shopping experience in providing specialty items for the 18+ shopper. We are a next-generation adult pleasure store and smoking shop. Wild Impulse group of companies also includes family oriented seasonal Halloween stores.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to join the Wild Impulse team, since we are in the midst of a growth stage and the Retail Manger /Buyer will be an important asset in the company’s expansion.
The Retail Manager/Buyer position is a key position within the company, whose primary responsibly is to oversee the store(s), in addition to planning, directing and coordinating the daily operations.
Other directives of the Manager include the setup and implement group incentives, while managing a staff of 20+. Multitasking will be an important capacity in setting sales goal and revenue targets, while maximizing profits and minimizing costs. This includes purchasing and maintaining inventory, as well as sustaining a level of quality among store merchandise.
A strong candidate will be a team leader who can generate fresh and innovative ideas. He or she should also possess a strategic mindset, business savvy, creativity, and the ability to influence and negotiate in a professional manner.
Main Job Task and Responsibilities
- supervise staff to overall company policy
- set employee goals and objectives
- monitor staff performance including reviews
- delegate work duties to staff
- plan and implement procedures and systems to maximize operating efficiencies
- facilitate the preparation and analysis of sales reports
- ensure store(s) are merchandised to company standards
- maintain detailed knowledge of category trends, competitors, consumer preference and demographics
- set profitable pricing programs that meet the needs of our customers
- lead and manage the product lines, and pricing
- develop assistant buyers and merchandisers
Qualifications/Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and professional experience
- 2+ years experience business management or buyer with a wholesale distributor
- strong leadership skills
- knowledge of business and management principles and procedures
- knowledge of office administration procedures
- strong project management and follow up skills
- highly organized and able to multi task
- able to plan and prioritize workload
- fresh and innovative ideas
- decision making
- plan and organize work load
- problem analysis and problem solving
- delegate tasks and responsibilities
- self starter attitude, ability to work independently
Applicants must have flexible availability. Hours can range in length and constitute weekend work when necessary. The position requires attending up to 2 trade shows per year in North America.
We offer a generous Total Reward package including competitive compensation, medical, dental and life insurance, as well as a wide range of voluntary benefits. If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity with a rapidly expanding industry leader and meet the stated qualifications, please forward your resume along with a cover letter denoting salary expectations to our admin address listed on our web site,
If you are very driven, ambitious and hardworking individual, we would love to meet you. Please send us your resume, cover letter and any other supporting documents that you think will prove your candidacy to be successful.
Salary range $35,000-$45,000