Wilco Contractors Southwest Employee Reviews

Interview and orientation isn't what happens in the field.
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 June 2017
Was haired to be a foreman for planting trees, shubs and laying sod. With irrigation system skills. Orientation said they won't get you doing something you have no experience in. First crew i go to. Not even close to what i was hired for. The company sets you up to fail.
Pros
Long hours with no brakes.
Cons
Tasks you have no experience with.
Unorganized and lack of knowledge
Concrete (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 May 2017
Absolutely no organization or communication at wilco. Very large crews but none speak English or very broken English. So hence that lack of communication, none have the knowledge as well to do what's required so instead of teaching or training they scream and complain. Which of course is very hard to understand, save the headache and go somewhere else.
Pros
Stand around waiting to work
Cons
To many ppl that have no clue
Fast paced construction
Landscape Foreman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 February 2017
Landscape construction requiring hard work with various types of equipment from skid steers to hand rakes. Outdoor work with a variety of trades with fullfilling results.
Pros
Building projects
Cons
long summer hours
great company
Working foreman/equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 November 2016
wilco is a great company they treat employees well, they offer competitive wages and maintain their equipment it is very well managed. I keep them in mind for future employment
Fun, Easy pace
Laborer (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 September 2016
Loved working at wilco, very fun environment with great crews. Bosses could've been better at hiring though. A couple times I got stuck with very undesirable people
Productive, fast, and fun
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 September 2016
Really enjoyed working for wilco, Spent two summers working there one summer doing various maintenance jobs and the other mowing commercial and residential properties.
Poor managent and even worse orginaization
Labour (Former Employee) –  High River, AB20 June 2016
Worst supervisor I have ever worked for. EVERYTHING we did was don't 3-4 times over (and I mean everything from moving a planted tree to re-digging due to no communtcation what-so-ever between the so called PM and formen. I was the only labourer on site to do 4 parks in High River and ended up tearing my shoulder so was put on light duty. EVERY DAY I was still told to shovel, rack, or do tasks that I was not able to do and ended up completely tearing the muscle off the bone. When I went to say no I was threaten to be fired. Joke of a company.
Pros
the 1 cup of coffee i got
Cons
the whole thing is a con.
Productive and fun work environment Irrigation specialists
Irrigation specialist (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK7 January 2016
We begin the morning with a safety meeting and start working on digging trenches with a mini hoe. Do fusing of pipe, make swing joints, and install them.

I learned how to fuse, install and operation of machinery. The mini hoe, and the trencher, as well as a portable Pipe fuser.

Management, very friendly and structural environment.

My co-workers were great. Currently still friends with a few.
excellent opportunity to learn about landscaping
labor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 June 2012
work environment and good fellowship is the development of activities
Pros
alot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wilco Contractors Southwest. Our community is ready to answer.

Wilco Contractors Southwest Reviews by Location