Wicker Emporium Employee Review

View all Wicker Emporium reviews

Great place to work except for management
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB29 June 2013
This was a great place to work. Always something to do. The staff is required to be well rounded in all areas of the store. Cash, customer service, sales, cleaning, and paperwork was all equally important. It is a physically demanding job. Lots of moving furniture, unpacking, setting furniture up and cleaning. Would not recommend for someone with any health or physical conditions. It was a great place to learn to be more responsible since you were held accountable for many different jobs within the store. My co-workers were friendly and helpful in all aspects of the job. Salary offer when hired was quite high for a retail position. The hardest part of this job was dealing with the management at this particular location. The manager that was hired while I was working was in my opinion not fit for the position. She was disrespectful towards her employees and customers on numerous occasions, manipulative, vindictive, dishonest and incompetent at completing tasks that should have been easy for a manager. This ultimately led me to seek new employment. Many employees quit, or were fired under her supervision.

Other Wicker Emporium Employee Reviews

I would never suggest working here
Sales Associate key holder (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB27 October 2017
Management and head office is so unorganized . Expectations are way to high for very little pay .
Head office cares very little about it's employees. Working alone for 7+ hours with no breaks .
Expected to climb 17 feet up a ladder with no help carrying heavy chairs .
Moving heavy furniture alone .
Scheduling is never done right and hours are cut out of no where.
Promised raised but never given them .
No consideration of staff and store issues.
The list goes on but I dont have all day .
Pros
Meeting so many diffrent customers. And buildong relatiomships with them .
Cons
All of the above
fast paced busy job
Retail manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 September 2017
Stores are very nice well laid out, product is beautiful and from all over the world, however there are many areas of management within that company that need serious improvement.