Wicker Emporium Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun and enjoyable place to work
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONOctober 7, 2015
Enjoyable place to work. The merchandise is great and high quality. The staff are very friendly and kind, willing to accept new people with a lot of enthusiasm. There is a lot of variety in the work done on a daily basis, and hours go past very quickly
Pros
good employee discount, great atmosphere
Cons
can be labour intensive on shipment days
physical at times
key holder (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 8, 2016
I have learned many things about the different types of woods that are used in the process of furniture building.There are many types of woods that are used that are not from this area.
No clear direction
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  TorontoJuly 13, 2015
The pay is not that great for the amount of work which is expected. There is no room for advancement and you often work alone.
Rewarding emviroment
Key holder and OHS Representative (Current Employee) –  St.John's, NLMarch 17, 2013
Wicker Emporium has been the perfect job to coincide with my schooling over the past two years. I have been able to enhance my interpersonal, time management, organizational and creative skills through working at Wicker. Everyone from store level to head office are fantastic to work with and for. It can get physically demanding with a lot of heavy lifting and moving of furniture for merchandising changes, but it is always fun to have the opportunity to either create or re-create a merchandising plan for the store.
Pros
flexible schedules and appreciative upper management.
Great place to work except for management
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NBJune 29, 2013
This was a great place to work. Always something to do. The staff is required to be well rounded in all areas of the store. Cash, customer service, sales, cleaning, and paperwork was all equally important. It is a physically demanding job. Lots of moving furniture, unpacking, setting furniture up and cleaning. Would not recommend for someone with any health or physical conditions. It was a great place to learn to be more responsible since you were held accountable for many different jobs within the store. My co-workers were friendly and helpful in all aspects of the job. Salary offer when hired was quite high for a retail position. The hardest part of this job was dealing with the management at this particular location. The manager that was hired while I was working was in my opinion not fit for the position. She was disrespectful towards her employees and customers on numerous occasions, manipulative, vindictive, dishonest and incompetent at completing tasks that should have been easy for a manager. This ultimately led me to seek new employment. Many employees quit, or were fired under her supervision.
Was enjoyable
Stock Labourer (Former Employee) –  Saint JohnMay 31, 2013
Was an enjoyable summer job. I unloaded shipment, and unpacked the boxes.