Assistant Manager – Dorval Crossing, Ontario
Atlantic Canada’s premier home décor retailer has expanded to the Ontario area. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, creative and dedicated individual to join our team in Colossus Centre Vaughan, Ontario.
If you are the candidate we’re looking for, you can have it all now:
- Achievable goals
- Amazing training and support
- Advancement opportunities
- An empowering and engaging work environment
- A culture that encourages personality and initiative
- Receive medical benefits
- 2-3 years retail experience
- Creative, enthusiastic self starter who works well with others
- Computer literate
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Desire to grow and evolve with our dynamic company
- High School Graduate
- Passion for home décor
- Passion for customer service
- Competitive Wage
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Two Week Paid Vacation
Duties will include
- Insure Customer Service is being provided to customers.
- Meet or exceeds sales goals as set.
- Maintain high standards of visual presentation as per merchandising directives and store standards.
- Assist Store Manager in recruiting staffs that are suited to fit the position applied for.
- Provide ongoing training and coaching of team members on excellent service, skills, and attitude.
- Recognize the performance of team members in relation to company standards.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Exemplify excellent communication skills to keep other staff informed and knowledgeable.
- Exemplify excellent time management skills relating to completion and delegation of tasks and duties.
- Support positive change in our company.
- Ensure Staff is consistent in punching in and out on every shift.
- Assist Store Manger in the process of organizing month end paper work.
- Assist Store Manger in completing payroll.
- Communicate to all departments of Head Office
- Ladders are used as needed for all customer sales involving product stored out of reach and for all merchandising directives where there are ceiling displays.
- Be prepared and comfortable to unpack inventory, lift and bend throughout the day.
- Be prepared, comfortable and able to stand for periods of 3-4 hours consecutively.
- Confident and capable of making decisions
Wicker Emporium (WE) is a Halifax owned and operated chain of 18 stores located in Atlantic Canada and we recently opened 4 stores in Ontario. Since 1972, we have been specializing in home decor and giftware, which translates to over 39 years in business. In our early years, we mainly sold wicker baskets and furniture, but today, people come to WE stores to decorate with our iron, wood and wicker furniture, as well as our glassware, stoneware, curtains, cushions, fabric flowers, candles and a wide selection of giftware.
We are focused on bringing value and style to our customers. For 39 years we have been traveling the world to find the most unique and beautiful products for the home. Our goal is to enable our customers to decorate their homes to help them feel at home. We are a privately owned company based in Halifax, Nova Scotia in Canada with 23 stores spread across Atlantic Canada and Ontario.
Wicker Emporium is focused on constant innovation and improvement - improving our product, our stores and our customer service. We are doing our best to offer originality, excitement and value to our customers while keeping in mind the well being of our planet and its people.
Wicker Emporium is an official corporate sponsor of Habitat for Humanity Canada. Our financial donation helps to build homes for Canadian families in need.
This year we also gave financial assistance to the Canadian Red Cross to help with earthquake relief efforts in Haiti and Chile.
We also donate store merchandise on a regular basis to local organizations. Whether it’s for a fundraiser, school, hospital or charity, we understand the importance of supporting the communities in which we operate.
Please forward a cover letter and a copy of your resume by email following the instructions in this ad, stating in subject line the position you are applying for (Dorval Crossing – Assistant Manager).
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. Wages will be negotiated.