Wickaninnish Inn Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Slave labour
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Tofino, BCAugust 27, 2016
As a restaurant server you are expected to work 10 hours a day 6 days a week in the summer. Management is unpleasant and always condescending. You are paid a terrible wage and required to buy your own uniform. No perks of working at this place. They don't offer adequate training and management does not lead by example. There are way better places to work in Tofino. Don't be fooled by there supposed high standards.
Cons
Terrible wage, long hours
its a fun work place specially the kitchen department
Steward (Former Employee) –  Tofino, BCFebruary 13, 2015
Typical day of work is the day that we are doing job well creating or giving some ideas how to improved our work.

I learned a lots of things in my work place specially when it comes to cleaning of equipment.

About the management of the Wickaninnish Inn they are very helpful for their staff.

Being one of the staff I always think about the positive sides, I think and I learned to be more patience w/ my co workers. I am also giving some advice which is necessary by helping or to built some idea.

The hardest part of the job that I encounter is the summer time we all known that summer are so busy specially here in our place.

The most enjoyable part of the job is if we finish our duty well and no any other complain to each other or even with the guest and the most important is when the summer ends.
Pros
free food
Cons
normal hours

2.7