As the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Wicihitowin you will lead Wicihitowin into a new era of possibilities. As a new organization you can help lead the organization to build a strong urban Aboriginal voice within Edmonton. With the help of the Board of Directors you will lead Wicihitowin to carry out its mission and vision, which includes developing capacity and building sustainability for the Wicihitowin Society, Action Circle and Community Councils.
If this is you, here are some of the key responsibilities of the CEO:
- Honour Aboriginal ways and traditions.
- Plan, coordinate and execute community engagement events.
- Create and maintain positive stakeholder involvement, including three levels of government, community & business partners
- Build positive and productive working relationships with a multi-faceted board
- Create effective strategic plans with measurable results that align with community priorities.
- Listen to the community and respond with transparency by keeping people informed.
- Create effective communication plans with measurable results.
- Prepare and deliver reports, articles, and presentations which includes highlighting successes.
- Manage financial accountability.
- Successfully manage day-to-day office operations, including staff and the office environment.
- Clear understanding of Urban Aboriginal issues, needs, challenges and opportunities.
- Business Management/Accounting/Aboriginal Governance degree or a related degree; working toward a masters is preferred.
- Four years of progressive experience in Executive Director Role. Or a combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Five years of current or previous experience working with a Board of Directors.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, communicate and synthesize community ideas into actions and results.
- Must have own transportation
Language: English, Aboriginal language is an asset.
Hours of work: Flexibility to work days, evenings and weekends will be required to meet the needs of the position.
Salary Range Starting at $62, 000.00 to $72,000.00, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Closing Date: January 17, 2014.
Work location: 10650 - 113 Street, Lower Level, Edmonton, AB
Attention: CEO Hiring Committee