Job Summary: The Desktop Technician role is responsible for the day to day support of all technical requests that come into the WiConnect queue. Responsibilities will include questions/problem diagnoses, end-user assistance, communication technical solutions in a user-friendly manner, recording and tracking all call and onsite information by creating tickets in Autotask. Job duties may require weekend and after-hour availability.
Always provide a high level of customer service by being professional, courteous, and friendly.
Resolve all incoming support requests either via phone, email, or onsite support.
Perform various tasks ranging from:
- To provide helpdesk support via email and phone to clients, assisting them with hardware and software problems
- Provide remote support using TeamViewer to gain access to the end users computer
- Support users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice.
- Provide Onsite support to clients when requested or required
- New desktop/laptop configurations & setup
- Backup & restoration of user data
- Assist with upselling of services and equipment.
- Internet connectivity – wireless profile resets, router & Wireless Access Point setup
- Basic understanding of Domain Controller, Active Directory, and backup solutions.
- Hardware & Software support
o Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8.1
o MS Office suite (Outlook in particular)
o Adobe suites
o Internet Explorer/Google Chrome/Mozilla
o Lenovo & HP Desktops/Laptops
Skills / Attributes Required:
- Previous Helpdesk experience.
- Excellent telephone and in-person manner.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8.1
- Office365 and Google Apps understanding
- Good knowledge of cloud based software
- Some TCP/IP experience
- Basic understanding of PC Hardware setup and configuration
- Valid Driver’s License
- SBS and Server 2003, 2008, 2012.
- Experience with Exchange Server Administration (2003, 2007, 2013)