Job Summary: The Desktop Technician role is responsible for the day to day support of all technical requests that come into the WiConnect queue. Responsibilities will include questions/problem diagnoses, end-user assistance, communication technical solutions in a user-friendly manner, recording and tracking all call and onsite information by creating tickets in Autotask. Job duties may require weekend and after-hour availability.
Always provide a high level of customer service by being professional, courteous, and friendly.
Resolve all incoming support requests either via phone, email, or onsite support.
Perform various tasks ranging from:
- To provide helpdesk support via email and phone to clients, assisting them with hardware and software problems
- Provide remote support using TeamViewer to gain access to the end users computer
- Support users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice.
- Provide Onsite support to clients when requested or required
- New desktop/laptop configurations & setup
- Backup & restoration of user data
- Assist with upselling of services and equipment.
- Internet connectivity – wireless profile resets, router & Wireless Access Point setup
- Basic understanding of Domain Controller, Active Directory, and backup solutions.
- Hardware & Software support
o Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8.1
o MS Office suite (Outlook in particular)
o Adobe suites
o Internet Explorer/Google Chrome/Mozilla
o Lenovo & HP Desktops/Laptops
Skills / Attributes Required:
- Previous Helpdesk experience.
- Excellent telephone and in-person manner.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8.1
- Office365 and Google Apps understanding
- Good knowledge of cloud based software
- Some TCP/IP experience
- Basic understanding of PC Hardware setup and configuration
- Valid Driver’s License
- SBS and Server 2003, 2008, 2012.
- Experience with Exchange Server Administration (2003, 2007, 2013)
With so many IT outsourcing solutions to choose from in Canada it’s hard to tell the good from the great. Our experienced and...