Wholesale Sports

Wholesale Sports Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Poductive and fun
Receptionist, AR (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 9, 2014
Family owned. Very fun and awesome staff. Busy but fun days.
Fast-paced retail outlet.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 5, 2014
Cons: stock shortages, weekend work
Extremely active.
On-going updates of product knowledge.
Staff parties and discount purchasing policy.
Receiver/Shipper/Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: work hours. local staff well suited for work.
Cons: local management had no autonomy, head office handled all purchasing.
Progressive well managed company at the Head Office level.
The work was busy and I always found work if things were slow.
Outfitter (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 19, 2013
Pros: variety, learning, responsibility, and maintaing customer and co-worker relationships.
Cons: not enough hours to satisfy my bank account. cuts were made, and i was affected as were many others.
This is one position I loved and will always be grateful for. I learned so much in this line of work and I had great co-workers who taught me and guided me as I learned new tasks. Eventually, I grew in this position from the "new kid" to a more senior role and loved the responsibility. It was the "fun" place to be and with the economy and the competition being tough on that particular company, they made cut-backs and it was time to move on. It was a tough decision, but one that I put much thought into. I am now once again, growing and learning and looking for ways to advance. I believe in looking forward - because if you concentrate on staring in the rear-view mirror - you will eventually crash. Positive and forward I go.
too many cheifs, not enough indians
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 17, 2013
Pros: steady hours, breaks, medical/dental benefits, flex days etc.
Cons: communication issues, bipolar decision making from upper management
a typical day would consist of processing deadline based bill payments, and collecting the necessary backup to facilitate the requirements posted for audit purposes (i.e. filing, proper signatories for cheques etc.) management is fluid and indecisive at times considering the ratio of upper management employees and team members is to my knowledge, largely favoring upper management, co-workers can be either largely enjoyable or quite off-putting as attitude will vary from person to person, the hardest part of the job was attempting to communicate the issues around deadlines, vendors etc. in a way that made sense to the upper management staff, communication was sparse and direct.
Retail
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 16, 2013
Pros: really cool store
Cons: night shift to morning shift
I was a customer service associate. It was definitely a good position for me, because I am a people person. My till was always spot on. The management was a little sloppy at the time, because they had the front end manager just leave one day, so a supervisor got asked to step up. No experience, things were sloppy. But she did a great job of holding everything together. I enjoyed everyone I worked with. They were all good people. I felt comfortable working with them.
It's a job
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), WinnipegSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: there is none
Cons: it's a job
If you like to get pushed round, then this is the place to work.
You work over time no pay for it, then you get into trouble for it.
The work needs to be done, but you won't get any help.
I know as I worked there. And after all the work no benefits.
Just treated badly. I would of stayed but Management made it hard.
I gave up my lunches
Excellent
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMarch 25, 2013
Start @ 7 am and finish @ 15:30 hrs with half hr.for lunch.All the ins and outs of ship/rec.and learning something new everyday.Management is awesome and they stand behind there employees,co-workers awesome and it is a fun atmosphere to work in.I think the hardest part of the job is the removal of the skids that the products come on.The enjoyable part is working with co-workers and helping customers have an awesome experience of being looked after when t hey come into the store and leave knowing they were well looked after.
Poor Manangemnet
Part Time Cashier (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: fun job, nice people
Cons: many hours, management wasn't often available for help.
Had little training before being asked to work by myself. Also was asked and expected to miss several days of school per week to work extra hours on top of the twenty plus hours per week I already worked don weekends while completing high school. Quit the job after talking with management about changing or shortening hours and deciding that school needed to come first. Also breaks and such were scheduled and were decided based on who got to work earliest.
Large retail operation
Department Manager (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: excellent employee purchase program
Cons: poor supply chain logistics make for customer service issues
A Typical retail position in the outdoor sporting goods industry. Lots of public interaction and opportunity to become an expert in the product lines. The arrival of new product is always exciting and being given the opportunity to educate the public is a bonus. Because this is part of a chain of stores, the on-hand product is often not based on local requirements but those of the chain as a whole, so it can be frustrating when customers cannot find specifically what they are looking for. Much of the staff is part-time and temporary so there can be a lack of product knowledge and dedication.