Wholesale Sports Employee Reviews

Horrible management
Senior Associate, Camping Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB8 November 2017
The employee turnover was incredible because of the poor management and their lack of respect towards good employees. No wonder the company went under.
Pros
15 minute break paid
Cons
horrible management, low pay, no advancement
Nice people, bad managers, bad pay
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB23 October 2017
Increadible co workers, but managers were not trained and unprofessional. And after 6+ months of working there was no sign of a raise from minimum wadge in sight.
Pros
Good coworkers, nice costumers
Cons
Bad managers, and wadges
Just a great place to work
Sales Associate-Part Time Cashier Customer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 October 2017
It is one of the best places to work at. With the managers and staff are so cooperative and helpful to new joins. Your schedule is adjusted to the availability that you give, Just a great place to work.
Used to love it
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 September 2017
This was the best company to work for until they were bought out by UFA - then it became a corporate empire. Hence I suppose why they just up and decided to close over night. Way to go UFA
Love working with fishing
Part time work at Wholesale Sports (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 September 2017
Great environment, loved working with the staff and how they took the time to teach you new skills to help sell new product. loved the job because fishing is one of my hobbies.
Pros
free time
Cons
slow
Great work place with great coworkers
Cashier and Retail (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK22 August 2017
In the short time I worked there, enjoyed the customer service and being able to talk to customers about hunting/fishing/outdoors. I enjoyed working as a cashier
A great place to work at
Purchasing Planner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 June 2017
The salary is not too great. Other than that, it is a great workplace. Great staff, great management and great work place culture. If you are passionate about hunting camping or fishing, it is a great place to work at.
Pros
great work- life balance. Employee discounts on store products
Cons
salary is not too great
Management terrible
Looking at you (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK12 June 2017
This little bald headed kid from the USA had a bad attitude. I don't know how this company can put people like this in charge. What goes around Will come around.
Pros
Customers
Great people, run poorly
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 April 2017
The people and environment was great but the company was run very stupidly. There was never enough stock, always brought in strange items no one bought, and pay was low.
Pros
discounts
Cons
pay
It was an okay job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 April 2017
Worked there but didn't give enough hours. I think we should get commission because some people don't work too hard. Good and nice guys. You learn a lot!
Fun place to work
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB5 April 2017
If you love the outdoors this is the best place for you too work. There are so many different departments to work for and everyone there has the same interests as you.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC14 March 2017
Okay job if you like hunting, fishing, camping, hiking and activities like that. No room to advance further up. Lots of drama and a very high turnover rate.
A nice place to work
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK24 February 2017
A fine place to work. I learned a lot from my direct manager. The best part of the job were the people that you worked with. You could have fun and still get your job done.
Operations
Operations (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 December 2016
No matter how hard you work you will not be appreciated. However, many coworkers are very enjoyable to work with. If I miss anything, it is definitely the coworkers.
A typcial day at work
Front End Lead Cashier (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK24 October 2016
I begin my day with restarting all the computers at the Front End so they will not to be sluggish and work for half the day at least. I always arrive early after I am done restarting the tills I put away my stuff in my locker and I relax.

Once I am done and punched in I go speak to my boss to find out if anyone has called in or anything I should know, I am Front End Dept. Lead so it is my job to find out this information.

I then communicate with my coworkers and I process transactions and engage in customer concerns.
Pros
Stress Free
Cons
Not enough hours
great staff management needs work
gun counter associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 June 2016
I use to enjoy going into work everyday but as time grew on it got worse and worse. New hires got more hours then the original staff. if we had a issue with the schedule we were belittled for complaining. department mangers were a blessing but the upper end needs to give their head a shake.
Pros
discounts
Cons
management
Great staff, good discounts
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 January 2016
Days are not overly long, co workers are great. Upper management is not the most helpful but the department managers are fantastic.
Pros
Staff bonding, employee discounts
Cons
Difficult to reach upper management quickly
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2015
Friendly staff, good customers and lots of things to learn or teach. Management was constantly visible and talk with customers and staff. Wages were okay, time off was hard to get due to problems in staff time management.
Pros
Anual pot luck and BBQ, discounts
Cons
Management and stock troubles
Fun and rewarding job
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton AB10 August 2015
Typical day at work is fun, and eventful. I have learned a whole lot about hunting, fishing and camping while I have worked here. It has also taught me a lot about customer service and the business side of things.
Decent but....
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 June 2015
Management when I was working at Wholesale sucked, the main office was always messing things up and we were losing customers all the time because of it. The staff is friendly and most in hunting know their stuff.
Pros
Extras from manufacturers
Cons
Wages