Wholesale Sports Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Great staff, good discounts
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 27, 2016
Days are not overly long, co workers are great. Upper management is not the most helpful but the department managers are fantastic.
Pros
Staff bonding, employee discounts
Cons
Difficult to reach upper management quickly
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 22, 2015
Friendly staff, good customers and lots of things to learn or teach. Management was constantly visible and talk with customers and staff. Wages were okay, time off was hard to get due to problems in staff time management.
Pros
Anual pot luck and BBQ, discounts
Cons
Management and stock troubles
too many cheifs, not enough indians
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 17, 2013
a typical day would consist of processing deadline based bill payments, and collecting the necessary backup to facilitate the requirements posted for audit purposes (i.e. filing, proper signatories for cheques etc.) management is fluid and indecisive at times considering the ratio of upper management employees and team members is to my knowledge, largely favoring upper management, co-workers can be either largely enjoyable or quite off-putting as attitude will vary from person to person, the hardest part of the job was attempting to communicate the issues around deadlines, vendors etc. in a way that made sense to the upper management staff, communication was sparse and direct.
Pros
steady hours, breaks, medical/dental benefits, flex days etc.
Cons
communication issues, bipolar decision making from upper management
Decent but....
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 24, 2015
Management when I was working at Wholesale sucked, the main office was always messing things up and we were losing customers all the time because of it. The staff is friendly and most in hunting know their stuff.
Pros
Extras from manufacturers
Cons
Wages
Did not enjoy working here
Junior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 11, 2015
The guys I worked with seemed to be nice and of a decent sort. The management unfortunately did not provide a nice working atmosphere. Low pay boring job. I would recommend not working here.
Pros
Tim Hortons was close by
Cons
Painfully boring job
Fun and rewarding job
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton ABAugust 10, 2015
Typical day at work is fun, and eventful. I have learned a whole lot about hunting, fishing and camping while I have worked here. It has also taught me a lot about customer service and the business side of things.
It's a job
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  WinnipegSeptember 4, 2013
If you like to get pushed round, then this is the place to work.
You work over time no pay for it, then you get into trouble for it.
The work needs to be done, but you won't get any help.
I know as I worked there. And after all the work no benefits.
Just treated badly. I would of stayed but Management made it hard.
I gave up my lunches
Pros
there is none
Cons
it's a job
Great work environment, friendly customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCSeptember 28, 2014
My job is to be at the customer service desk and help customers. I answer phones, handle cash and payments, and also issue hunting and fishing licenses. My coworkers are very friendly and help out whenever needed. Management is friendly and comes to help whenever needed. My favourite part of my job is talking to the customers, because some of them are very sociable and brighten my day!
Pros
fun work environment, friendly staff and management
Cons
messy scheduling
Excellent
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMarch 25, 2013
Start @ 7 am and finish @ 15:30 hrs with half hr.for lunch.All the ins and outs of ship/rec.and learning something new everyday.Management is awesome and they stand behind there employees,co-workers awesome and it is a fun atmosphere to work in.I think the hardest part of the job is the removal of the skids that the products come on.The enjoyable part is working with co-workers and helping customers have an awesome experience of being looked after when t hey come into the store and leave knowing they were well looked after.
Retail
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 16, 2013
I was a customer service associate. It was definitely a good position for me, because I am a people person. My till was always spot on. The management was a little sloppy at the time, because they had the front end manager just leave one day, so a supervisor got asked to step up. No experience, things were sloppy. But she did a great job of holding everything together. I enjoyed everyone I worked with. They were all good people. I felt comfortable working with them.
Pros
really cool store
Cons
night shift to morning shift
Poor Manangemnet
Part Time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKFebruary 6, 2013
Had little training before being asked to work by myself. Also was asked and expected to miss several days of school per week to work extra hours on top of the twenty plus hours per week I already worked don weekends while completing high school. Quit the job after talking with management about changing or shortening hours and deciding that school needed to come first. Also breaks and such were scheduled and were decided based on who got to work earliest.
Pros
fun job, nice people
Cons
many hours, management wasn't often available for help.
very boring environment, good people
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Kelowna, BCMay 24, 2015
Great CEO, work space had poor training and was very boring, lack of understanding and communication, Too much staff, then too little staff when the floor became busy.
The work was busy and I always found work if things were slow.
Outfitter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 19, 2013
This is one position I loved and will always be grateful for. I learned so much in this line of work and I had great co-workers who taught me and guided me as I learned new tasks. Eventually, I grew in this position from the "new kid" to a more senior role and loved the responsibility. It was the "fun" place to be and with the economy and the competition being tough on that particular company, they made cut-backs and it was time to move on. It was a tough decision, but one that I put much thought into. I am now once again, growing and learning and looking for ways to advance. I believe in looking forward - because if you concentrate on staring in the rear-view mirror - you will eventually crash. Positive and forward I go.
Pros
variety, learning, responsibility, and maintaing customer and co-worker relationships.
Cons
not enough hours to satisfy my bank account. cuts were made, and i was affected as were many others.
Large retail operation
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 11, 2013
A Typical retail position in the outdoor sporting goods industry. Lots of public interaction and opportunity to become an expert in the product lines. The arrival of new product is always exciting and being given the opportunity to educate the public is a bonus. Because this is part of a chain of stores, the on-hand product is often not based on local requirements but those of the chain as a whole, so it can be frustrating when customers cannot find specifically what they are looking for. Much of the staff is part-time and temporary so there can be a lack of product knowledge and dedication.
Pros
excellent employee purchase program
Cons
poor supply chain logistics make for customer service issues
Staff parties and discount purchasing policy.
Receiver/Shipper/Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCFebruary 12, 2014
Progressive well managed company at the Head Office level.
Pros
work hours. local staff well suited for work.
Cons
local management had no autonomy, head office handled all purchasing.
Poductive and fun
Receptionist, AR (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 9, 2014
Family owned. Very fun and awesome staff. Busy but fun days.
Fast-paced retail outlet.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 5, 2014
Extremely active.
On-going updates of product knowledge.
Cons
stock shortages, weekend work