Wholesale Sports Employee Reviews

Fun place with a great work environment.
Hunting sales (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC21 January 2018
Wholesale sports was a great place to work with awesome people and great management. Was a great place to learn more about my passions and grow as an outdoor enthusiast.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Store Closure
A great place to work!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 January 2018
Wholesale Sports was a great place to work!! The company considered family as a very important part of each employee! The senior management would make themselves available to you and answer any concerns you may have!!

If the company wouldn't have closed down I would still be working there and hopefully until I would retire!!
Enjoyed my time with this company.
Maintenance Worker sales (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK11 January 2018
Worked 6.00 a.m to 2.30 I liked this shift.Enjoyed working with a small crew.liked and used the products we sold.Enjoyed learning something new every day. Some customers wanted deals that we were not aloud to do it was hard to say no sometimes. Enjoyed sharing stories with customers. I also worked as shipper receiver for 5 years I liked doing this job also.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Store closing on us
I worked in a place that I loved what it was all about.
FRONT END MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC11 January 2018
I loved my job, the problem solving, the customer service aspect when a customer leaves with a smile on their face. Opening stores and training staff new to Wholesale Sports. Dealing with numbers and making sure paperwork is done correctly by all closing MODs. The hardest part of the job was dealing with staff issues and mistakes done at the end of each day by an MOD but it was also rewarding. I worked in a store that had everything to do with my life outside of work. Hunting, camping and fishing. We at Wholesale Sports were like family and we continue to do things together since the store closed.
Pros
Worked in a place that represented what I love to do outside of work
Cons
Customers who were never happy with what ever you tried to do to help them out
Sales Personnel/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 January 2018
Loved working there but now they shut down. Management was awesome, atmosphere light and welcoming and people friendly and genuine. There is just no medical benefits.
great place to work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB5 January 2018
this place is the most fun, great people, too bad its closed now.. its a great enviroment with hard working great training people to work with, awesome assistance
best job ever
operations (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 December 2017
it was a grate place to work, I had the time of my life. the people are great, benefits are good, management where amazing. you learn very quickly and can grow
Pros
options
Cons
hours long
Busy workplace with a lot to do
Shipper/Receiver, Full-time (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta12 December 2017
Trucks would come in to deliver products, we would off-load them using pallet jacks and then scan them into the system to be sold. Learned how to complete a shipping manifest. also learned a lot about the products we sold. Management was good, they kept everything flowing smoothly. Got along with all my co-workers, everyone was hard working. Hardest part was the lull when certain hunting seasons were over, best part was gathering product to be shipped out to other locations as per customers requests.
Pros
Fast paced, fun workplace
Cons
Lulls in between sporting seasons
This was a dream job.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK6 December 2017
This was a dream job. It is very unfortunate that the business decision was made to close all locations and re-allocate the assets and funds to the UFA side of the company.
Pros
Great bpeople, great products
Was a great place to work
DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB CANADA30 November 2017
Really enjoyed working here for years so sad they had to close down. Was a great place with great atmosphere and great people. Will miss my work family :P
Front End Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 November 2017
I was hired as the Front End Department Manager and I had the pleasure of meeting a fantastic group of hardworking, customer service bound individuals. I love every aspect of my job. The hardest part will be saying good bye to all my employees and Management team due to the closing of our store. I have learned so much in a short period of time.
Productive and fast pace environment for work.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC9 November 2017
At Wholesale Sports I learned to be self driven, how to work with others and the community. A typical day at work would be stocking, customer service, and keeping the store clean.
Pros
Learned to work with company
Cons
Store closed due to mismanagement
Horrible management
Senior Associate, Camping Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB8 November 2017
The employee turnover was incredible because of the poor management and their lack of respect towards good employees. No wonder the company went under.
Pros
15 minute break paid
Cons
horrible management, low pay, no advancement
productive fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 November 2017
This is a great place to work at. The managers are amazing and are always there for the staff when needed. This job has proven to me that I am capable of getting out of my comfort zone and able to do things I never though I was capable of doing.
Pros
amazing coworkers and management
Cons
store is going out of busisness
Great workplace with Fun people
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 November 2017
Wholesale Sports is a great workplace where you can meet great people whom love the outdoors just as much as you do. The workers strive to make it feel like family.
Challenging Workplace with great people
L.P/ EH&S/ Firearms Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 November 2017
Wholesale Sports is a fun and challenging workplace where you can meet many great people. There is an effort made to ensure that it still works with your personal life and the Management team is great for working with you on your schedule.
was a great learning place although no movement in company
Firearm Gun Room/Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 November 2017
My day started with looking over the sales from the previous day or the weekend. Receiving any firearms that came in to the building. Ensuring that all government and legislation was done and was current.
Any firearms that needed to be shipped from our location to other stores were completed by me with all proper documentation was done and accurate.
Audits done in counting firearms and ensuring that they were government accounted for and good for sale
Dealing with vendors and any screw ups there following proper procedures on that by Company policies
Pros
amazing people I had to work with
Cons
company went other
Nice people, bad managers, bad pay
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB23 October 2017
Increadible co workers, but managers were not trained and unprofessional. And after 6+ months of working there was no sign of a raise from minimum wadge in sight.
Pros
Good coworkers, nice costumers
Cons
Bad managers, and wadges
Wholesale Sports was supportive in outdoor sport activities and accommodating hours
Assoc in 2 depts and Front End Dept Mngr Asst (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC13 October 2017
Wholesale Sports is currently closing it's doors forever, final day is to be at the end of December.
While working there I enjoyed friendly co-workers and management who have always been accommodating with my work hours and desire to progress in my position.
It was a good place to work.
Pros
Excellent co-workers, decent staff discounts, staff lunch room
Cons
Closing for business
Just a great place to work
Sales Associate-Part Time Cashier Customer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 October 2017
It is one of the best places to work at. With the managers and staff are so cooperative and helpful to new joins. Your schedule is adjusted to the availability that you give, Just a great place to work.