- Support the management team by performing customer service activities.
- Process customer transactions accurately and timely.
- Safeguard company assets.
- Operate the POS cash register efficiently.
- Advise management of positive or negative customer feedback.
- Adhere to Cashier standard operating procedures.
- Maintain orderly appearance of register area.
- Address customer inquiries.
- General Front End cleaning duties.
- Handle the customers merchandise carefully and with respect.
- Support Store Management in developing our customer base by thanking, re-assuring and re-inviting our customers back to the store.
- Process licenses as according to federal/provincial guidelines.
- Provide exceptional after sales service in terms of exchanges and refunding customer merchandise.
- Assist the Front End Department Manager with leading the team of cashiers.
- Assist the Front End Department Manager with completing Daily Sales Reconciliation (DSR) and A/R Activity using the DSR spreadsheet and the A/R Activity spreadsheet. Track store sales, discrepancies, shortages and overages.
- Assist in training relevant employees on service and cash management standard operating procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accountable for proper processing of transactions.
- Accountable for maintaining a presentable front end.
- Results-oriented with excellent communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Team work and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take direction.
- Prior Experience operating a cash register an asset.
Responsibility and Accountability for Health and Safety:
- Responsible to read, understand and comply with UFA’s Health, Safety and Environment Policies and Safe Work Practices and/or Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Carrying out work in a manner that will not create a hazard.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment and clothing for their tasks (as per SOP).
- Assisting the Health Environment and Safety Committee by volunteering to be a member.
- Working with the Supervisor to help create a safe working environment by making safety suggestions.
- Reporting any accidents, incidents, near misses, injuries and/or occupational health concerns immediately to the Area Supervisor.
- Following the company medical and first aid procedures.
- Using the safe work procedures and setting a good example.
Indeed - 14 months ago