- Responsible for the operational excellence of the store.
- Ensure that company objectives are met and company policies are followed.
- Create and foster a culture where customer service and profitability are the focus of business activities.
- Responsible for supporting the Assistant Store Manager Sales & Service with all functions relating to the assigned department.
- Provide coaching to hourly associates, involved in recruiting, hiring and performance management of hourly department associates.
- Lead department team to provide exceptional service to customers.
- Facilitate special orders and stock transfers.
- Attain department sales goal and budget.
- Ensure customers are provided with the up most level of Customer Service, which includes employee training of the Company’s Customer Service standards.
- Interact with customers to ensure satisfaction. Support Power Hours.
- Achieve key performance indicators such as sales goal and budget.
- Conduct regular department meetings to review sales and department goals.
- Effective communication within department.
- Ensure that issues or missed opportunities are discussed with the Assistant Store Manager of Sales & Service.
- Ensure department is maintained, priced and displayed accordingly to maximize the sales opportunity and provide a safe and pleasant environment for customers.
- Ensure seasonal end caps are merchandised according to corporate directives.
- Communicate product concerns to Assistant Store Manager of Sales & Service.
- Answer manager calls for assistance needed in the store.
- Fulfil management duties in the Front End including change orders and cash handling as required.
- Ensure that the department staff is equipped with the correct training and tools to complete their job effectively.
- Schedule department staff to meet the needs and goals of the store.
- Effective Performance Management of department employees.
- Ensure items are priced correctly and discrepancies are resolved.
- Complete light duty tasking, including shelf maintenance, signage and pricing.
- Adhere to all company policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-4 years of progressive experience in a retail environment.
- Results-oriented with excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications. Experience with Tomax (point of sale system) would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of outdoor products, including firearms, would be an asset.
Responsibility and Accountability for Health and Safety:
- Set an example and provide leadership in the Health, Safety and Environment programs
- Provide information, instructions and assistance to all applicable team members in order to protect the health and safety of all employees
- Understand and enforce the accident prevention policy as well as the OH & S Legislation and all other legislations as it applies to all areas of the organization operations
- Provide all applicable team members with proper, well-maintained tools and equipment, as well as personal protective equipment as may be required
- Provide ongoing health and safety training as required by legislation and industry
Indeed - 22 months ago