Wholesale Sports Outdoor Outfitters is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Calgary-based, UFA Co-operative Limited. With 11 stores in western Canada, WSS is a multi-channel retailer dedicated to the sportsmen and women who have a passion for hunting, camping and fishing and a love of the great outdoors. Our customers recognize WSS as the best place to purchase quality gear, get expert advice and share the obsession of being in the woods, on the water or on the trail.
- Responsible for supporting the Store Manager with all functions related to store sales and service.
- Ensure that company objectives are met and company policies are followed.
- Create and foster a culture where customer service and profitability are the focus of business activities.
- Lead and provide coaching to the sales and service team.
- Ensure that sales and service standards are met on the sales floor.
- Ensure that the sales and service team is following the CARE program guidelines. Lead by example in engaging customers.
- Achieve key performance indicators such as sales goal and budget.
- Field customer service opportunities. Spend most of the time on the sales floor, assisting departments and customers.
- Ensure that power hours take place as per company guidelines. Ensure adequate department coverage during power hours.
- Ensure that the sales floor is straight, faced and clean at the end of the day.
- Recruit, develop and manage performance of the sales and service team.
- Maintain a positive and productive work environment that enables the team to provide a high level of customer service.
- Assist in staff training & development. Utilize resources to ensure all associates have working knowledge of all products. Conduct orientation on sales & service for new employees.
- Execute the Manager On Duty program.
- Ensure all associates meet dress code standards and expectations.
- Review and approve staff work schedules to meet business needs. Forward schedules to Store Manager for approval.
- Communicate regularly with the team, the Store Manager, other store locations, vendors and head office. Collaborate with the store management team.
- Review the “Sales Analysis Summary by department/Comp” reports and share with the department managers.
- Ensure all departments are neat, clean and orderly (light duty tasking).
- Provide back up for the Store Manager when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 Diploma and 2-5 years of progressive retail experience. Merchandising experience is necessary.
- Must have (or be eligible to obtain) the Possession and acquisition firearms licence (PAL) with restricted status and Verifier’s Licence.
- Computer experience is necessary. Experience with Tomax would be an asset.
- Must be service and detail oriented with excellent communication, teamwork, interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Previous training experience would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of outdoor products, including firearms, would be an asset.
Indeed - 21 months ago
Wholesale Sports Outdoor Outfitters is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Calgary-based, UFA Co-operative Limited. With 11 stores in western...