Wholesale Sports Outdoor Outfitters is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Calgary-based, UFA Co-operative Limited. With 12 stores in western Canada, WSS is a multi-channel retailer dedicated to the sportsmen and women who have a passion for hunting, camping and fishing and a love of the great outdoors. Our customers recognize WSS as the best place to purchase quality gear, get expert advice and share the obsession of being in the woods, on the water or on the trail.
Responsible for leading the store operations team, which includes the warehouse, gun room, merchandising, cycle count and maintenance functions. Specific responsibilities include:
- Recruit, develop and manage performance of the Operations team.
- Ensure product is accurately received, stored, displayed and ticketed according to merchandising standards. Develop a daily freight flow plan.
- Ensure that the signage strategy is implemented and that all shrink control measures are adhered to.
- Ensure that the cycle count program schedule is followed and that negative on-hands are managed.
- Ensure that the store and warehouse are safe, well-maintained, organized and clean.
- Ensure firearms are imported and registered. Ensure firearms compliance.
- Communicate regularly with the team, the Store Manager, other store locations, vendors and head office.
- Provide back up for the Store Manager, as required.
- Grade 12 diploma and 2 to 5 years of progressive retail experience. Merchandising experience is necessary.
- Must have (or be eligible to obtain) the restricted Possession and Acquisition firearms licence (PAL) and Verifier’s licence.
- Computer experience is required. Experience with Tomax an asset.
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent communication, teamwork, interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Working knowledge of outdoor products, including firearms, would be an asset.
Position will remain open until it is filled. We kindly request no phone calls please.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Indeed - 12 months ago