- Responsible for supporting the Store Manager with all functions related to store operations.
- Ensure that company objectives are met and company policies are followed.
- Create and foster a culture where customer service and profitability are the focus of business activities.
- Lead and provide coaching to the operations team.
- Ensure freight flow procedures are executed in a timely manner.
- Recruit, develop and manage performance of the operations team.
- Maintain a positive and productive work environment that enables the team to provide a high level of customer service.
- Collaborate with department managers and utilize Tomax (open POs) to develop a daily freight flow plan.
- Collaborate with Assistant Store Manager of Sales & Service to hand off store and provide a status update.
- Ensure product is accurately received, stored, displayed and ticketed according to merchandising standards.
- Assist in staff training & development.
- Ensure that the signage strategy is implemented.
- Ensure all shrink control measures are in place and adhered to.
- Ensure that the Cycle Count Manager (CCM) program schedule is adhered to and that negative on-hands are managed.
- Review and approve staff work schedules to meet business needs. Forward schedules to Store Manager for approval.
- Ensure that the store is safe and well-maintained (i.e. clean, neat and tidy in all areas of the store). Ensure that the warehouse is organized, clean and neat.
- Communicate regularly with the team, the Store Manager, other store locations, vendors and head office. Participate in meetings with the management team.
- Ensure firearms are imported and registered with the Canadian Firearms Centre. Ensure firearms compliance.
- Leverage staff to provide front end coverage and support when needed.
- Provide back up for the Store Manager when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accountable for the coordination of all operational activities.
- Reports to the Store Manager.
- Maintains effective working relationships with store staff, other stores and other departments in Wholesale Sports (e.g. Buyers).
- Grade 12 Diploma and 2-5 years of progressive retail experience. Merchandising experience is necessary.
- Must have (or be eligible to obtain) the Possession and acquisition firearms licence (PAL) with restricted status and Verifier’s Licence.
- Computer experience is necessary. Experience with Tomax would be an asset.
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent communication, teamwork, interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Working knowledge of outdoor products, including firearms, would be an asset.
Responsibility and Accountability for Health and Safety:
- Set an example and provide leadership in the Health, Safety and Environment programs
- Provide information, instructions and assistance to all applicable team members in order to protect the health and safety of all employees
- Understand and enforce the accident prevention policy as well as the OH & S Legislation and all other legislations as it applies to all areas of the organization operations
- Provide all applicable team members with proper, well-maintained tools and equipment, as well as personal protective equipment as may be required
- Provide ongoing health and safety training as required by legislation and industry
- Monitor all departments and projects and will hold them accountable for their individual Health, Safety and Environmental performances
Wholesale Sports Outdoor Outfitters is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Calgary-based, UFA Co-operative Limited. With 11 stores in western...