Whole Foods Market

• Salary/Benefits
Team Member
Team Member Front Desk (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJune 13, 2014
Whole Foods Market: Front Desk (Customer Service), Boca Raton, Florida
• Serve and take care of the customers.
• Cashier.
Very fun up beat work place
Cashier (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAJune 12, 2014
Pros: great benifits, great stock options, and 401 and dental for part time employees
Cons: not alot of oppurtunities for growth in company
Very friendly customers and co workers. The management really cares about the future of company and employees. Training is detailed and helpful.
Where high quality standards are the center of there core values
Cashier (Current Employee), Aventura, FLJune 11, 2014
Pros: supporting team member happiness, top organic company
Cons: small store
Whole foods is a company where no two days is never the same. Where the atmosphere is always a ecstatic one. i have met people from all over the world even china. I'm always happy to be at work. There is never a dull moment at Whole Foods Market. In just the two years there i have learned that great customer service can make or break your business. – more... That it is not easy for everyone to provide it. Management is a laid back environment. As in as in there just as happy as there employees being at work is a wonderful experience an they don't need to put too much pressure on them to make things get done. I would say the hardest part of my job is to not love my job. Even with irate customers to make them happy brightens my day. The most enjoyable part of my job is that fact its open to ideas they take every ones ideas on anything and everything into consideration. – less
good
Team Leader (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 11, 2014
Pros: free luchhes
Cons: health care
One of the best place to work for. A relaxing environment professional environment and very relaxing place to work
its good
Sanitation (Former Employee), charlotte ncJune 11, 2014
its a nice place to work you get to meet a lot of people your co workers are nice the management is really good over all ill tell people to work here
Not terrible place, but terrible pay
Associate (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 10, 2014
coworkers/management is fairly nice, but it is a lot of manual labor for not a lot of pay.
whole foods was the place
Prepared Foods Team Member (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 9, 2014
it was good but at the time i was hired they didn't train me and kind of disrespected me
whole foods has rules that are not the real picture
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), washingtonJune 7, 2014
Pros: 20 percent discount, but product you can purchase cheaper else where even with disciunt.
Cons: no holiday pay, rules that are changed at will, job always on line, fire at will, puppet mentality, follow the leader
Pros : they believe they are great...micro loans that are repaid with interest...local product...read the labels India for 365 physiullm powder,,China thread for thought clothing,,,Germany welda skin food,,,Mexico produce,,,then there is the health food and product w/ o bad product read the label sun screen with titium dioxide cancer causing, many shampoo – more... with lauraly sulfates,, many many products with high furctose..they live in a world of make beleive....they build fancy buildings so people will not notice the bad product..then there are the rules..I think ate so trusting they do not see the truth – less
Amazing company to work for, great environment
Head Chef (Former Employee), Glastonbury, CTJune 5, 2014
A typical day for me at work was managing a staff of 45 employees, upholding food quality and standards to the highest standards. The work environment was always pleasant and always made an attempt to grow the team members around you into better professionals. The hardest part of my job was keeping all of the customers happy with everything that we – more... served and displayed as the clientele is very demanding and knowledgable. The most enjoyable part of my job was providing, well prepared, trendy, healthy food options to our customers. – less
Great and fun place to work
Store Receiver/Grocery Team Member (Current Employee), palo altoJune 5, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling, free lunches, great benefits
Cons: short breaks
whole foods market is a great place to work. awesome benefits, awesome management! It's a great work environment and the management does what they can to help you move up the ladder if that is where you intend to go!
Productivity and a stable enviroment to work in
Retail Team Member (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 4, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: demanding more work out of their workers with less pay, open every single day expect christmas, not a stable schedule
A typical day at work would manily be customer service. Answering customer questions about the seafood we sell as well as retail excellence, which involves pre-packs of certain items we sell in our seafood department. Also filleting fish if we need for the case. As well as stocking the retail floor with products we have in the freezer and cooler. After – more... the first half of the shift is done then we get started on cleaning the department which is the closing procedures. Then when we are all done we check out with a shift manager at the end of the night. – less
Great overall company.
Cashier (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 3, 2014
But i would say too many crazy rules to agree to if you read all the paper work and app agreements you would know what I mean but great pay hours and benefits. Front end Team leaders not so much a fan.
Great place to work if you do not have a degree.
Team Leader (Current Employee), PAJune 3, 2014
Pros: discount, fun, casual, ability to learn retail from the bottom up.
Cons: hours, benefits, pay, leadership structure
This is a fun place to work at if you get along with your co-workers. The dress code is casual. If you are in management you can pretty much choose your own schedule, based on your department needs. If you do not have a degree, you can work your way up from the bottom. You can start out as a cashier and end up in upper management if you follow their – more... course. You can learn everything you need to know about retail if you choose to.

The negatives: If you do have a degree, it means nothing. It does not help you get a job there or help you advance in any way. This is frustrating for people with an education.

If you manage a department in the store, you are still hourly- not salary. This means that you clock in and clock out, only get paid for the actual hours that you are punched in, and can end up at the end of the year without your full salary if sales for the store were not good. This can happen if the department you work in isn't doing well and you have to cut your own hours to compensate for the loss.

Another negative is that it is retail (whether you are in management or not). You will work weekends, holidays, long days (12 hours), short days (4 hours), basically anytime within the 24 hours (you could start at 2 AM or 2 PM). You may have to work until 11 PM one night and start at 6 AM the next day. But then you may have 3 or 4 days in a row off. But then you may have to work 12 days in a row! This bothers some more than others.

The benefits in my opinion are horrible. You do get a store discount (probably the best benefit), but when it comes to retirement savings, health insurance, vacation time and everything else, you are pretty much on your own. They make it appear that you are getting low cost benefits, but the truth is that it is low cost up front and high cost when you actually need to use them. Be very careful to look in to this. Also, if you are coming from a more traditional job, make sure you understand the vacation time. You do not get paid holidays. You can take them off, but they are included in your paid time off. For instance, most places would say you have 2 weeks of vacation. But they are saying that you have 2 weeks plus all of the "normal" paid holidays. At Whole Foods you would have 80 hours of paid time off. But, if you take off Christmas and every other normal holiday you really only now have maybe 3 days off!

As an educated manager, I learned very little from my senior advisers. Many of them were less experienced and educated than I was.

Lastly, they like to move people around from store to store, position to position, especially if you are trying to move up. This is not a place where you start off at the bottom of one store and 10 years later you are managing that same store. You will find that people come and go very quickly. You may have the same boss for 2 years or 3 months. This makes it hard for some people because there is constant change. – less
a job
Bakery Service Team Member (Current Employee), Wynnewood, PAJune 2, 2014
Always keep you rule book.
easy to be over looked by management
Down to Earth, Loving workers and company
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 1, 2014
Pros: very wonderful company to work for
Cons: not the career i could see myself in forever
Loved it! compassionate for the health of their customers and their employees
Love it.
Customer service team member; Cashier (Current Employee), los gatos, caMay 31, 2014
A fabulous culture of professionals that throw your taste buds into a elaborate world of flavor and exciting new foods to better equip you at your next dinner party or even just a nice picnic. Fellow employees feel more like family than co-workers. Our team leaders are very fair. I learn so much everyday.
Great work place
Seafood/Meat Team member (Current Employee), Duluth, GAMay 31, 2014
Customer service is the key to this job. keeping all the inventory full.

I've so many things about different fish, how they taste, and how to prepare and cook.

Management is well down to earth puts all of his employees first.
Great products and passionate poeple to work with.
Team Member (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 29, 2014
Day in & out fast pace environment
Learned a lot varieties of Food
Management is up to par
Co-workers enjoy working
Hardest part is satisfying already angry customers
I enjoy communicating with foreign customers
n/a
Cashier/Cart Attendant (Former Employee), columbus ohioMay 29, 2014
I enjoy servicing guest.
I learn new things everyday.
The management is excellent.
I enjoy working with my co workers
Wholesome place to work
Dairy Buyer (Former Employee), Wynnewood, PAMay 29, 2014
Pros: the food and gain sharing
Cons: none to think of.
I would order the daily dairy supplies and balance the account for the dairy department.

I learned about organic food and how to manage and lead fellow workers.

Our management was very helpful in our lives inside and out the company

I had fellow workers who I showed how to properly place dairy orders and assigned them certain orders to place

The – more... hardest part of my jobs was the size of the store it was very small.

My most enjoyable moment at the store was bringing our weekly sales to 50,000 which was considered impossible because of the size of the store. – less

About Whole Foods Market

Whole Foods Market owns and operates a chain of natural and organic foods supermarket. As of September 30, 2008, the Company operated – Read more

Whole Foods Market Photos