Whole Foods Market
1,146 reviews

Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great company to work for
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee), Salem, NCNovember 1, 2014
I started with this company on the entry level and grew with them over ten years leaving to open my own company
I started as a demo chef, moved on to catering consultant, and ended as the supervisor Head Chef for the kitchen was responsible for a staff of 10.
worked my tail end off
Assistant Chef (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 31, 2014
Pros: benifits rock
Cons: clopen (close/open shifts back to back)
had a lot of things in the beginning process of opening a store in Milwaukee..... now it is where it needs to be and is a great place
Hard Work but Worth It
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Tustin, CAOctober 29, 2014
My responsibilities included the following: bagging groceries, grocery cart retrieval, restocking and cleaning eating areas. Working at Whole Foods Market taught me that there is never any down time while working. Management was friendly and understanding and all employees were happy to be working.
Good company
Food Service Team Leader (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: good structure
Cons: inconsonance in managers
Lot of problems in enforcing rules. There were a lot of unsure rules
Nice place to work at.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 28, 2014
I learned a lot about health food and had a completely new type of clientele to help. It was wonderful.
Encourage/ Motivates team members
Dishwasher/Deli and Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAOctober 28, 2014
Perform well in teams as well a independently also sovle problems leading to higher productivity and maintain customer loyatly.Exercise good judgement with a lilttle bit of produces quality work while maintaining production.
Good part time job for foodies
CUSTOMER SERVICE CASHIER (Current Employee), Brighton, MAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: good products
Cons: low hourly wages lead to high turnover
Good part time job.
Co-workers are bright and hardworking.
Great atmosphere, food is excellent.
20% discount is great.
Productive Place To Work
Associate Team Leader (Current Employee), Oakland, CAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: excellent team members
Cons: short breaks and constant pressure
Work with several team members per day and manage the entire department. I learned how to manage and how to deal with any situation. Management is tough but it makes you learn a lot. The hardest part of the job is constantly having to come up with ideas when you have a hundred of other things going on. The most enjoyable part is the team members.
An awesome growth experience
Buyer- Whole Body (Former Employee), Basalt, COOctober 20, 2014
This is an excellent company with great team work and attitude.
break room with computers to use either on break or for training
Sanitation (Current Employee), West Des Moines, IAOctober 18, 2014
Pros: benifits and gain sharing
Cons: i really don't have any
My experience at Whole Foods have been one of the best overall jobs I have ever had. The people I work with is really great, but I am looking for a job that pays more and I love to drive and have moving violations what so ever on my driver's license.
Great place to work and had an excellent opportunity to learn what it means to work as a team
Front End Cashier (Guest Services) (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 18, 2014
Pros: every 2 wks, pay day equal free lunch at the lounge!
Cons: it's not easy to get 40 hours anymore and if you do, the benefits' premium have changed drastically. we are having to pay more monthly to be insured, it's awful.
It gets quite chaotic working at Whole Foods. One has to be ready and be positive when dealing with customers. You never know when someone will lash at you or ridicule you. You just can't take things personally. That by far is the hardest part of this job as a front end cashier, customers sometimes forget to respect and appreciate your hard work. Nonetheless, – more... it's great to work with people, we called it our team members. I enjoyed having my team leaders evaluate my work and my customer skills. It is a learning opportunity to have team members to work with you to ensure that you are at the speed and proficient level as they are. We are all reaching the same goal (s) and it's just wonderful to have a dedicated team to work with. – less
Great place to work for and everyone works as a team!
Display creator/Team member/Receiver (Former Employee), PhiladelphiaOctober 17, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great staff, and fun work environment
Cons: none!
I could go on forever about how great Whole Foods Market is! Great pay, fun work environment and very helpful at letting you transfer to different departments to learn more and more about the market. Employees always have smiles on their faces and the patrons love shopping there knowing the team members will go out of their way to help them. I worked – more... in the Dairy Department and even though it was a lot of heavy lifting in a cold cooler, I've never had more fun at a job! Lots of opportunity to move up in the company! – less
Cool Culture
Supervisor (Current Employee), Austin TxOctober 17, 2014
Slow moving internally. A real hurry up and wait company..Very political, little to zero training programs. Can not learn on your own. Lot of stress little help.
Great to a Burger King Foodie!
Team Member/Team Leader (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 17, 2014
Pros: weekly pay, advancement opportunities
Cons: somewhat stressful atmosphere, long hours at times
Great company to grow within. you can advance quickly with the right attitude and commitment level.
great co-workers,great food,fast promotion
Dishwasher, receiver, buyer (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: 20% discount, free food, nice co-workers, good paid vacation
Cons: management, schedule, pay, short 10 min breaks
I started out working in the dishroom and I worked my tail off and was eventually promoted. I ended up becoming a receiver so I was doing lots of loading and unloading of produce,meat,etc pretty physically demanding work.I got a raise but the pay didn't seem to match the work I was doing, so I steadily lost motivation over time even though I still kept – more... a good attitude and put in effort.I was constantly given more jobs to do and more expectations.Then I was given another promotion where I was doing ordering as well as doing the receiving,but again the pay just didn't match the work I was doing especially considering I never got weekends off for the most part and had to be at work between 430 and 5am. The management didn't help either,,,Just an example I got called into a meeting by three team leaders where I felt like they were trying to intimdate me, I was givin a long list of what I was doing wrong,To me that was just a horrible strategy to get your employee's to perform at a higher level. They didn't know how to treat there employees at all. – less
love going to work
Cashier-Barista (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 15, 2014
I learned so much , from this company .They treat the works very well
productive and fun workplace with a lot of perks.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Willowbrook, ILOctober 15, 2014
Pros: gift certificates, promotions, quick raises and reviews.
I loved the job. extra bonuses were provided on a monthly basis. Co workers were nice and hard working as well.
Great Place to Work!
Human Resource Specialist, River Street (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: casual attire and flexible hours
A Company that's culture is unique and fun to work at! Everyday is something different in my position which is something I have really enjoyed.
great place to work with chance for advancement
Meat Clerk (Former Employee), West Hartford, CTOctober 14, 2014
Pros: being able to sample anything in the store, great benefits package
Cons: no union
Whole Foods Market is one of the best companies to work for in the grocery retail industry. There are great chances to grow within the company.
Fun place to work.
Cashier/ Customer Service (Current Employee), greenville scOctober 12, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: not enough money.
Great place to work.. Wish to make more money.. get higher up

About Whole Foods Market

•Austin, Texas-based Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM) is the leading natural and organic food retailer, and one of the most – Read more

Whole Foods Market Photos