Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews

its sad
cashier (Former Employee) –  cambie st 11 June 2013
I went to this place for a job even when I had another job in the same field and they say that you should go there prepared so I did I did some research on the company and brought it in thinking that they would like the fact I took the time to get to know how they run and that indeed I took interest in them and coming fourth and showing them that I did have what it took to work for their company but they didn't like that I had so much on them ,the guy got up and had some one else interview me ?? any way if you go there for a job I guess you should show up and play the duck since I guess that's what maybe they are looking for !
Pros
there are none
Cons
its a sad company
Productive and Healthy Place
Prep cook/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 March 2013
I mostly learned my cooking skill here at wholefoods. They gave me so much hours and good benefits to this store. I gained so much friends here coz they were nice. Hardest job that ive done here is when i worked as a dishwasher. It was cruel but i get used to it. I enjoyed working here coz most of the ppl in the store was really friendly and easy to talk with.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
long hours, overtime
Every day is productive and fun working with each team member
Associate Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 March 2013
Every day with different challenge
good management
helping team members
maintaing quality
helping costumers,training team members
Pros
team members 20% discount
Cons
good hours
Healthy eating start here
Receiver (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 February 2013
Selling of highest natural and organics products.Learn the differents products in the kitchen.Great team members in any departments.Lots of delivery during holidays is coming.
Pros
free gift card
Cons
8 hours
Natural and healthy products environment
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 February 2013
Order, receive products. Work closely with other departments managers. Help to select products for customers with different nutritional requirements. Hire, supervise and direct employees.
Pros
a chance to learn about variety multitude of healthy products
Cons
retail weekend hours
Productive, helpful and enjoyable customers!
Customer Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC24 January 2013
A typical day at work would involve interacting with customers, setting up health programs that were best suited for that individual.
I was able to take advantage of on going training in this field, regarding product knowledge. Working together as a team at Whole Foods in my department, made work very enjoyable and having a good sense of humor always is a plus in any work place. I got along very well with my co-workers, I enjoy people and could put a smile on any face at work at some point in the day. The hardest part of this job would have been loosing a customer to an illness. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to assist in some one being able to attain better health..
Pros
staff trainings, benefits and great department manager.
Cons
short staffed at times, no staff meetings and could not get enough hours.
was ok
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 October 2012
was very intresting to open store for the first time in Vancouver, learned how t do that, team working was very important, the hardest part was to promote for new position
Pros
free samples
Cons
different shift
Unfortunately Not My Best Review...
P/T Administration & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON23 May 2012
-No health and safety board
-Inadequate working conditions