Whole Foods Market

Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews

Whole foods does not walk the talk
Team Memeber (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 September 2015
The company claims to be value-driven. On their website they say that they follow eight core values.

In reality the only value that drives their business is profit. As a result they have poor employment practices and not the most environmentally friendly operations.

If you are looking to work in a value-driven company, stay away from Whole Foods. If you just need a pay check, then this place is all right.
its sad
cashier (Former Employee) –  cambie st 11 June 2013
I went to this place for a job even when I had another job in the same field and they say that you should go there prepared so I did I did some research on the company and brought it in thinking that they would like the fact I took the time to get to know how they run and that indeed I took interest in them and coming fourth and showing them that I did have what it took to work for their company but they didn't like that I had so much on them ,the guy got up and had some one else interview me ?? any way if you go there for a job I guess you should show up and play the duck since I guess that's what maybe they are looking for !
Pros
there are none
Cons
its a sad company
Whole Foods was both a fun and supportive environment
Pasty Chef (Team Member) (Former Employee) –  Highway 7 Markham, ON27 April 2015
Whole Foods gives chances to many new employees in the way they recruit. I was one of those fortunate students lucky enough to be accepted by a large billion dollar company such as Whole Foods and gained much experience working there. The company has many meetings weekly to discuss certain safety and consumer tips. The Whole Foods Workplace also has an extremely friendly environment through the way their employees treat you the minute you walk in and when you leave. There were always smiles and small discussions and this promoted a very friendly, healthy, and supportive environment. Although my job there was terminated and not long lasting it was a pleasure to be given the opportunity and to have had the opportunity of working alongside such friendly people. It is not the kind of workplace where you would feel lesser than but instead always supported.
Pros
Very flexible hours/very negotiable, and willing to hire you even without experience
Cons
Expectations are very high and maintaining permanent employment is a difficult test to pass
Positive environment with great management
Customer Service Rep/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON2 December 2013
The environment was extremely positive as many employees, customers, and managers were always cheerful. My team and I worked very hard together at creating a positive experience for anyone and everyone just as everyone else seemed to do the same. The hardest part of the job remains to be working under pressure; certain times when you have more than 3 or 4 things that need to be done in such a short amount of time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling attached to collaborating with my team and overcoming the stress of all the rushed duties.
Pros
long breaks, freedom during work
Cons
long shifts, small environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2015
Working at Whole Foods was very good to keep up and make new customer service skills. Each day I was put to the task to interact and help customers.
challenging and friendly people to worked with.
Customer Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 December 2014
Whole Foods Market from Oakville Ontario that I worked for 3 years as a Customer Service Cashier is a very unique and challenging working place. The schedule is very flexible. Typical of work is exciting and can test your customer service skills. They also gave us training and give new information about all the products that we have in store. As a team member we worked as a team and we helped as a team,this is what we called in our store Team Member.
Pros
free courses.free samples
Cons
worked for 8hours
Excellent work place
Production Baker (Current Employee) –  Robson Street, Vancouver, BC18 August 2014
very nice place to work. flexible, independent, team work feeling, excellent management team
Unfortunately Not My Best Review...
P/T Administration & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON23 May 2012
-No health and safety board
-Inadequate working conditions
-Improper management
-No structure
Being productive at workplace and learned a lot from my job.
Preparedfoods Team member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2015
A typical day at work is, if we get busy which is the hardest part of my job but with the help of my co workers everything is under control. What i enjoyed much at work is everyone is open to help one another which in short team work is prevailing.
Pros
Gain sharing
Cons
need to work every sunday
Good Company
Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 July 2013
This is a good company to work for however that doesn't always mean that management will be good.
Productive and fun workplace with healthy life style!!!
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 July 2013
• Greeting every customer and potential customers in a pleasant and professional manner
• Giving every customer immediate and undivided attention
• Following proper procedures for customer check out, handling of tenders, use of tares
• Supporting global, regional, and store programs
• Responsible for answering phone calls of customer to provide all the information regarding to products
ONE OF THE BEST COMPANY TO WORK WITH
Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2015
The company offers good benefit package plan that you cannot find everywhere, good environment to work with team members are very friendly .
Natural and healthy products environment
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 February 2013
Order, receive products. Work closely with other departments managers. Help to select products for customers with different nutritional requirements. Hire, supervise and direct employees.
Pros
a chance to learn about variety multitude of healthy products
Cons
retail weekend hours
Work on pastry production and custom cakes (make, design and decorate them with different techniques).
Bakery Team Member (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON16 October 2013
Full time Pastry Chef.
Pastry production: Make cakes from scratch
Make fillings from scratch
Custom cakes: Design and decoration.
Customer service
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
8 - 9 hours daily
The company felt bigger than its image
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC28 May 2014
Not the fondest of this job, West Van had some of the hardest customers to deal with and there was no benefit for being hardworking and biking to work every day.
HEALTHY EATING START HERE
Receiver (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 February 2013
SELLING OF HIGHEST NATURAL AND ORGANICS PRODUCTS.LEARN THE DIFFERENTS PRODUCTS IN THE KITCHEN.GREAT TEAM MEMBERS IN ANY DEPARTMENTS.LOTS OF DELIVERY DURING HOLIDAYS IS COMING.
Pros
free gift card
Cons
8 hours
was ok
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 October 2012
was very intresting to open store for the first time in Vancouver, learned how t do that, team working was very important, the hardest part was to promote for new position
Pros
free samples
Cons
different shift
Great training in customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 March 2014
A great way to learn how to be a good customer service representative. Good work environment and healthy work relationships with co workers.
Productive fast paced workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 March 2014
Fast paced work place
Amazing team members
Good leadership
Enjoyable hours
Pros
20% off everything in store
Cons
1 half hour break 1 15 break
I liked working there
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2014
I liked working with others.

Some co-workers were not helpful enough.
Cons
I didn't like working alone.