Whole Foods Market

Whole Foods Market Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place, good discount
Contract Sign Painter (Former Employee), Encino, CAJuly 17, 2014
Made everything I wanted to make there with quite a bit of autonomy.
Whole Foods
Team Member (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 17, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Whole Foods very much, but a chance for promotion was not available.
Overall--very disappointing
Slave laborer (Former Employee), Addison, TXJuly 17, 2014
Pros: benefits are amazing, 20% off groceries
Cons: not always guaranteed a break, if you spend your time working hard instead of spending your work hours sucking up, you won't get very far
I worked at the Whole Foods in Addison,TX. The general work ethic I witnessed was a bunch of lazy coworkers and team leaders who get away with doing very little, while a few team members with good work ethics pick up the slack. It's possible to move up within the company, but it has nothing to do with how hard you work. Instead, advancement is based – more... on how well you play the "kiss a**" game. In my time there, I witnessed some of the laziest people move up in the company. They did so by socializing and fraternizing with higher ups while their coworkers worked twice as hard to get their work done. Instead of recognizing people who work the hardest, upper management and team leaders will promote you based on whether or not you "toe the line" and conform to their ideas and become part of their "clique". They are not looking for hard workers and almost seemed threatened by those who are. If you are "let go", be prepared to be escorted out the door as if you were a common criminal for all to see on display. – less
Overall, a great place to work.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Naples, FLJuly 16, 2014
Pros: decent benefits, good company culture, opportunity for advancement to a point.
Cons: situation specific
Overall, Whole Foods is a great company to work for. In general, they care about their employees and offer better wages than the similar positions of competitors.
promotes from within
Culinary Demo Specialist (Former Employee), MAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: good company culture, promotes from within, some good benefits and extras
Cons: they are currently only hiring part time across the company for team member level positions
a great company to work for that will you opportunity to advance as far as you would like as long as you are willing to put in the time and show your dedication to the company.
Was once a great company to work for
MEAT / SEAFOOD TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee), Lafayette, CAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: benefits, employee discount, training
Cons: management, pay, lack for employee concerns
Over the last 10 years it has gone downhill for employees. No longer the company that took care of employees. standards have gone down and management is horrible.
Great fun place exciting things going on all the time
Cashier/Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJuly 14, 2014
greet customers heavy customer interaction, great supervisors, front face items,
Productive and fun place to work especially if your a foodie .
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Fairfield, CTJuly 11, 2014
Pros: always room for advancement
Fast paced work day, learned about healthy living and how to manage a team, management was very helpful because they want to succeed. Co workers are very friendly but the hardest part of the job was the customers attitudes. Overall going to work everyday learning something new and seeing customers smile was most enjoyable.
Poor life balance/work
Prepared foods (Former Employee), RichmondJuly 11, 2014
Pros: discount card, paid time off
Cons: the rota system is awful
Strange place to work. One of their core values is caring for their employees and yet they do nothing to show for it.
The rota system is a joke, days off change from week to week, rota made a week in advance so you only know of your day off a few days before. You cannot make plans in advance because you never know when you’ll be off, if you request – more... an specific day off you most likely end up working 6 or more days in a row.
You get a 25% employee discount but food still expensive. They never give you any free food, they prefer to throw it away, you don’t even get a free tea/coffee, not even in staff room... oh and the so called staff room, only up to 4 people can sit at the table.
Co-workers the best about this company. Some team leaders and supervisors tend to be a bit bully though – less
productive work environment
Helpful Co- workers
customers or enjoryable
Fun environment, long hours
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Tustin, CAJuly 9, 2014
Whole Foods is an exciting work environment filled with interesting coworker and customer interaction. As a worker, you are constantly surrounded by delicious and healthy foods.
great food market , healthy
Cook (Former Employee), West Orange, NJJuly 9, 2014
Pros: 8 hr shifts
one of the best food markets in america , very healthy and a smart place to shop
Fun always busy with lots to do
Customer Service Supervisor/Cash Office (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 8, 2014
I enjoy Whole Foods because I believe in what they are trying to do in terms of the food movement. I have worked in different stores with all sorts of different people. The best part of the job is talking about food. I am an advocator of healthy eating. The hardest part of the job is the schedule. I don't think there is a good quality of life when you – more... are not able to have a regular schedule or to be able to make plans. I would employ Whole Foods to possible either hire people for certain shifts or rotate shifts quarterly to provide some sort of regularity. – less
Whole Foods
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 8, 2014
Pros: good co workers
Cons: horrible management, very short breaks, constant rumors.
This job is okay. It's defiantly extremely corporate. It's good enough to save a few pennies that's for sure.
Exciting and interesting place to work.
Buyer/Specialist (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJuly 8, 2014
Whole Foods always had the finest ingredients and was interesting to work for. Always had something new and exciting going on. Customer interaction was a very important aspect of the daily activities.
Basically one of the best work experiences I've had overall
Buyer/Supervisor-Specialty Coffee (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDJuly 7, 2014
Pros: good pay, excellent benefits, chance for advancement
Cons: physically intense, high stress
What I liked best about my job at WF was that every day was different. While I had assigned tasks to accomplish every day/week, there was always a new wrinkle or issue that came up which forced adjustment--but that was ok, because it was all interesting. Overall, both management and co-workers were excellent, and once one managed the culture (WF has – more... a distinct business "culture"), it was possible to really experience being a unique individual contributing to a team effort. Most of the difficulties of the job were related to the generally consuming nature of grocery retail---it's very physical, can be high stress, and never ending (tasks always repeat themselves in another form). But the enjoyable parts far outweighed the negativity--decent pay, flexible hours and good benefits as well as the very real possibility of job advancement. At least that was the WF I inhabited. – less
i like my job and i am very proud to work at whole foods
Produce Supervisor (Current Employee), Sonoma, CAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: i get to learn about the court values
Cons: the team leaders are unfair
a typical day at work would be trying to finish the sandwiches before we start to get busy, then I have to make sure that all the tempters and dates are done, and to complete all the logs. what I learned is that if I ever have a problem with one of my team members I have to let the supper visor know. I try to have good communication with my team members. – more... the hard part of my job is when a certain team member complains a lot. the most enjoyable part of my job is when a customer comes to me and says "thank you for the sandwich it was so good" it makes me feel like they appreciate my hard work. – less
Best work place employment
Cashier (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 3, 2014
Operated cash register and greeted customers. I learned about different products in the grocery store business. I loved working with my team leader and coworkers. The hardest part of my job was keeping up with ring speed after a while I caught on and became really well. Enjoyable part was the work atmosphere itself.
Great Benefits
Specialty Team Member (Former Employee), Somerville, MAJuly 3, 2014
The work was rather easy, labor intensive but I like that. The benefits were great paid time off, decent health insurance at an affordable cost. I like most of my co-workers, all types of different people. However the management takes it very personal if you decide to take a second job, or decide to change your hours to better your own life, major downfall – more... in my opinion. Its one of their core values to keep their employees happy in that aspect the fail miserably. – less
wonderful place to work with great food and people!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lakewood, COJuly 2, 2014
Pros: sampling any product any time and great customer satisfaction
Cons: not a steady schedule
A wonderful place where you can take your love of being a foodie to the next level. Lots of room for advancement!

About Whole Foods Market

Whole Foods Market owns and operates a chain of natural and organic foods supermarket. As of September 30, 2008, the Company operated – Read more

Whole Foods Market Photos