Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and Healthy Place
Prep cook/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 20, 2013
I mostly learned my cooking skill here at wholefoods. They gave me so much hours and good benefits to this store. I gained so much friends here coz they were nice. Hardest job that ive done here is when i worked as a dishwasher. It was cruel but i get used to it. I enjoyed working here coz most of the ppl in the store was really friendly and easy to talk with.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
long hours, overtime
Fun, inclusive environment
Specialty Dept., Barista/Wine&Cheese Specialist (Former Employee) –  MarkhamDecember 10, 2014
Whole Foods Market has taught me the skill that i find to be the most important in the workplace: teamwork. Everything about Whole Foods is team oriented, from upper management to storefront employees. My co-workers were great, and we all mesched together as a team with little to no arguments. Management was superior and made each day go by quickly. I loved the fact that i could provide customers with the best service of any grocery store and also being able to represent a company that is recognized globally for their global outlook.
Pros
set hours
Cons
dealing with angry customers
Productive, helpful and enjoyable customers!
Customer Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BCJanuary 24, 2013
A typical day at work would involve interacting with customers, setting up health programs that were best suited for that individual.
I was able to take advantage of on going training in this field, regarding product knowledge. Working together as a team at Whole Foods in my department, made work very enjoyable and having a good sense of humor always is a plus in any work place. I got along very well with my co-workers, I enjoy people and could put a smile on any face at work at some point in the day. The hardest part of this job would have been loosing a customer to an illness. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to assist in some one being able to attain better health..
Pros
staff trainings, benefits and great department manager.
Cons
short staffed at times, no staff meetings and could not get enough hours.
A fun and challenging workplace, great energy and great people!
Trade Show Sales Consultant - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 17, 2014
Working with the team at Rallis Whole Foods is like working with your closest friends....the funniest ones you have. The owners work with you first-hand, are great at motivating you and even better and making sure you feel great about your successes. There is no quota pressure with this job but you have to work hard to make good sales - trade shows are potential clients walking by all the time and you have to keep your energy up to capture people's attention out of a crowd and sell them. The olive oil is delicious and is a great wellness and food product that you'll feel good about selling. I definitely recommend working for this company.
Pros
delicious, raw and nutritious olive oil
Cons
on your feet a lot - wear good shoes!
Very friendly staff and
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 14, 2014
Shifts were either between 6am-2 or 2-10. I would wash the previous dishes that were left over from the night before, and continue washing dishes and returning them to their proper location, occasionally helping chefs in the kitchen. I learned that everyone has their own way of doing things. Management was fantastic, they were very easy-going and understanding. Co-workers were also easy-going and super friendly. The hardest part of the job was the hours and when problems such as power-outages occurred causing dishes to pile up. The most enjoyable part of the job was working independently and sometimes in a small group or team in a fast-paced environment.
Whole Foods was both a fun and supportive environment
Pasty Chef (Team Member) (Former Employee) –  Highway 7 Markham, ONApril 27, 2015
Whole Foods gives chances to many new employees in the way they recruit. I was one of those fortunate students lucky enough to be accepted by a large billion dollar company such as Whole Foods and gained much experience working there. The company has many meetings weekly to discuss certain safety and consumer tips. The Whole Foods Workplace also has an extremely friendly environment through the way their employees treat you the minute you walk in and when you leave. There were always smiles and small discussions and this promoted a very friendly, healthy, and supportive environment. Although my job there was terminated and not long lasting it was a pleasure to be given the opportunity and to have had the opportunity of working alongside such friendly people. It is not the kind of workplace where you would feel lesser than but instead always supported.
Pros
Very flexible hours/very negotiable, and willing to hire you even without experience
Cons
Expectations are very high and maintaining permanent employment is a difficult test to pass
Enjoyable and Learning a lot while testing all kinds of fruits especialy if organic
Produce Team Member (Current Employee) –  Kitsilano, Vancouver, BCJuly 21, 2014
Productive and fun workplace with co-team members.I learned a lot about what the quality of fruits and vegetables..and also to communicate to the costumers and how we give their satisfaction.The hardest part of the job was the schedule.The most enjoyable part of the Job was while im refilling the rack and the Isle and do the value add products
Pros
in a month we have at least free lunch and some gift card if we get the target sales
Cons
Being productive at workplace and learned a lot from my job.
Preparedfoods Team member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 1, 2015
A typical day at work is, if we get busy which is the hardest part of my job but with the help of my co workers everything is under control. What i enjoyed much at work is everyone is open to help one another which in short team work is prevailing.
Pros
Gain sharing
Cons
need to work every sunday
ONE OF THE BEST COMPANY TO WORK WITH
Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 2, 2015
The company offers good benefit package plan that you cannot find everywhere, good environment to work with team members are very friendly .
Whole Foods Store Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 24, 2014
When you hire from bottom up, your roots are like a carrot; full of itself with very little deep roots of knowledge as an Oak tree would have. Most of the upper management have not worked outside of Whole Foods so.......
Pros
team members believe in the company dogma
Cons
management (they call themselves leaders but they are not)..don't!!
Every day is productive and fun working with each team member
Associate Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONMarch 4, 2013
Every day with different challenge
good management
helping team members
maintaing quality
helping costumers,training team members
Pros
team members 20% discount
Cons
good hours
challenging and friendly people to worked with.
Customer Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONDecember 8, 2014
Whole Foods Market from Oakville Ontario that I worked for 3 years as a Customer Service Cashier is a very unique and challenging working place. The schedule is very flexible. Typical of work is exciting and can test your customer service skills. They also gave us training and give new information about all the products that we have in store. As a team member we worked as a team and we helped as a team,this is what we called in our store Team Member.
Pros
free courses.free samples
Cons
worked for 8hours
its sad
cashier (Former Employee) –  cambie stJune 11, 2013
I went to this place for a job even when I had another job in the same field and they say that you should go there prepared so I did I did some research on the company and brought it in thinking that they would like the fact I took the time to get to know how they run and that indeed I took interest in them and coming fourth and showing them that I did have what it took to work for their company but they didn't like that I had so much on them ,the guy got up and had some one else interview me ?? any way if you go there for a job I guess you should show up and play the duck since I guess that's what maybe they are looking for !
Pros
there are none
Cons
its a sad company
Positive environment with great management
Customer Service Rep/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONDecember 2, 2013
The environment was extremely positive as many employees, customers, and managers were always cheerful. My team and I worked very hard together at creating a positive experience for anyone and everyone just as everyone else seemed to do the same. The hardest part of the job remains to be working under pressure; certain times when you have more than 3 or 4 things that need to be done in such a short amount of time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling attached to collaborating with my team and overcoming the stress of all the rushed duties.
Pros
long breaks, freedom during work
Cons
long shifts, small environment
Excellent work place
Production Baker (Current Employee) –  Robson Street, Vancouver, BCAugust 18, 2014
very nice place to work. flexible, independent, team work feeling, excellent management team
Unfortunately Not My Best Review...
P/T Administration & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ONMay 23, 2012
-No health and safety board
-Inadequate working conditions
-Improper management
-No structure
Good Company
Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 23, 2013
This is a good company to work for however that doesn't always mean that management will be good.
Productive and fun workplace with healthy life style!!!
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 12, 2013
• Greeting every customer and potential customers in a pleasant and professional manner
• Giving every customer immediate and undivided attention
• Following proper procedures for customer check out, handling of tenders, use of tares
• Supporting global, regional, and store programs
• Responsible for answering phone calls of customer to provide all the information regarding to products
Natural and healthy products environment
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 5, 2013
Order, receive products. Work closely with other departments managers. Help to select products for customers with different nutritional requirements. Hire, supervise and direct employees.
Pros
a chance to learn about variety multitude of healthy products
Cons
retail weekend hours
The company felt bigger than its image
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BCMay 28, 2014
Not the fondest of this job, West Van had some of the hardest customers to deal with and there was no benefit for being hardworking and biking to work every day.