Whole Foods Market

Whole Foods Market Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun environment to work in
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAApril 4, 2014
fun and local food in a hip grocery store specializing in organic food. There is a big team to supervise and always a lot of things going on. We are a big and busy store and we help thousands of people every day.
Learn new every day
Grocery Department Manager (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAApril 4, 2014
One of the best place to work.New challenges every day. well benefits are available for employees and over all great company.
good place, few bad apples
Associate Team Leader Prepared Foods (Current Employee), Jackson, MSApril 2, 2014
I truly love(d) my job with Whole Foods. I love seeing people having a good experience with both being a guest and working on the team.
Great place to work with a good environment and people
Produce Team Member (Current Employee), Hingham, MAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: discount at the store, good environment
Cons: flexible hours
I have enjoyed working at Whole Foods Market and would recommend this job to anyone.
Your experience is highly dependent upon your department/management
Produce Production (Former Employee), Upper Arlington, OHMarch 31, 2014
Pros: good culture, good benefits
Cons: workload can be stressful
My position required mostly 5am shifts which made me miserable for a year, but most of my coworkers were amazing and the work I did in the produce department was challenging and enjoyable.
Good Company
Customer Service (Former Employee), Dedham, MAMarch 31, 2014
Great business but not so friendly workplace getting used to meeting new people everyday allowing to gain you meet wonderful customers and gaining a relationship. Very busy when holidays come.
Stress and unloyalty. Unrealistic expectations. Quantity of food without quality.
Cook (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 28, 2014
Cons: most of the time i can not take a break. too bussy.
Start at 8 am. At 10:30 I have to have 12 different kinds of salads and 4 kinds of desserts. From 1:00 pm until 4:00 pm I am responsible for maintaining all these 16 spots plus 10 more with hot food. Management never happy and never say Thank you.
I most enjoy when I cook some of my meals and the customers really enjoy it and appreciate it.
Lots of room for creative expression, however, lacked any management or established structure.
Team Educator (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: adopted a much healthier life style.
Cons: no structure to help keep employees in line.
I quickly grew bored or working the deli and packaging up food for customers so one of my managers let me move in to the back where the kitchen was. Which allowed me a lot more freedom pertaining to the amount of work I did, the type of work I did, how I presented myself, and how long I would work each day. Once in the kitchen, I began first prepping – more... for the large salad bars, after a few months I got the hang of how much food and which ones to prepare for the coming days. At which point I began to cook for the hot bar in my spare time. I was one of the quickest people to be promoted to Team Educator. At which point I was also in charge of organic paperwork and audits, health inspections, and training my team on all aspects of the department. The first two months I worked there we had a department manager and then he got fired. This left the department in complete chaos. Store management began firing anyone that had worked with him out of fear that they were influenced by him which made the atmosphere and day to day working life quite stressful. Over all the company had good core beliefs. – less
Fun workplace
Cashier/Bagger (Former Employee), Dedham, MAMarch 27, 2014
It was a good experience. The company is good to their employees.
productive workplace fun environment
Team Member (Former Employee), pembroke pinesMarch 27, 2014
Pros: great management, knowledge of heathy products, discounts, fair breaks, awesome vacation time
You gain a large amount of knowledge about al the products in the store.Management is fair and laid back.You can talk to them about anything. Very upbeat work environment . Co workers are friendly and helpful . The company itself is excellent.The only part that may be difficult (depending on your department)is restocking . Freedom to be yourself ,there – more... is no strict guidelines on physical appearances i.e. tattoos,piercings.Because the management is great you eally want to do your best. – less
Involved in non-profit organizations
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 26, 2014
Pros: free samples
We always started out the day productively. Whether it's loading ice, cleaning areas,or assisting customers with groceries. The management was great,always hands on. my team members were awsome,always was willing to help. The hardest part of the job was having to get baskets,especially on a hot day. I loved talking to our customers and introducing them – more... to our new products. – less
Great benefits poor pay for warehouse work
warehouse worker (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLMarch 24, 2014
Pros: good benefits such as dental, health, 401k
Cons: poor work environment
Not the place you want to work if you like warehouse work. Start pay 12.10. U gotta kiss u know what to get raise hard work don't get it. Less than 1800k a month with 2 dependents. Get your money up and leave like every one do.
It's a living
Team Member (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: team member discount 20% off everything
Cons: target demographic treats the companies employees like trash, pay is not very good compared to unionized grocery stores
I have enjoyed increasing my cooking skills and improving my time management and organizational skills. Management has been pretty bad in the past but is on the mend thanks to recent regime changes.

Hardest part of my job is keeping my supervisor off my managers back. She is notoriously hard to work with and has burned through many team members in – more... my 3 years working there.

Even though I am studying Networking/IT, I love to cook and regardless of my celiacs and myriad of other food allergies, they saw me competent enough to move me into the kitchen where I can shine.

I often question the hiring practices of my company. I have attempted to get my cook friends jobs there, people I consider very competent, and they have had no luck. Yet, the people they hired for Front of House operations are quite incompetent. I have had to act as a supervisor during times of people quitting or being fired.

Overall it has been an interesting experience but I am so far beyond ready to get into the IT field and start building working knowledge of what I have studied. – less
Dealt with the general public on a daily basis. Listening to customer complaints, and informing members of the general public.
Customer Service Department (Current Employee), Willowbrook, ILMarch 24, 2014
Pros: the culture of this company is great. most employees have a similar vision and positive lifestyle.
Cons: no room for intellectual expansion.
Served as a first point of contact for the general public. Worked with multiple departments to coordinate special orders and requests. Built and maintained relationships with vendors and a variety of community leaders.
Productive and progressive
Guest Member (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 24, 2014
What I enjoyed about working for Whole Foods Market is the positive energy.There was a lot of team player attitude from the staff. There was constant movement. Always busy which made the position exciting to be apart of.
It is a Mission driven company that promotes growth.
Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 24, 2014
Pros: gain sharing, 1 hour lunches, goood health benefits, 401k plan
Cons: better training programs to educate team members
Wholefoods market prides them selves on being the number one certified organic and natural supermarket. It provides team members as well as customers with a fun knowledgeable environment that makes shopping more like an experience rather than a brief stop.
I enjoyed working for whole foods market they really pushed me in a loving way to set short as – more... well as long term goals and to give myself a dead line as when to reach them, This is a Company I will not soon forget working for it was truly a wonderful learning experience. I helped run a team of 12 people my job responsibilities varied from day to day the most frequently performed were:

-Schedule preparation and posting.
-Upholding company standards and ensuring that they were being met.
-Mentoring and Coaching team members to help build their confidence as well as their knowledge on the in's and outs of the business with the goal of them being tomorrows leaders.
-Executed daily safety walks.
-Maintained department logs ex: temperature, oven, Good Organics.
-Interviewed candidates to fulfill hiring needs.
-Prepared and executed Job Dialogues where we go over a team members performance for the past 6monthe to a year and have an open discussion as to what the areas of opportunities are as well as giving commendation where due promoting team member happiness equaling to a good moral and an efficient business.

Constant communication either by phones or e-mail's between myself and the other members of my leadership group was the back bone of our successes we sent one another daily recaps so what one missed the other would finish I would say we were a pretty well oiled machine.One of the most challenging part of this job for me was not taking on a lot of work as opposed to delegating some of it and learning to carry a note pad around with me and delegating to team members what was priority and following up and ensuring the task were being carried out efficiently, The most enjoyable part of the job for me was working together as a team and setting daily priority goals and the feeling of satisfaction every time we accomplished meeting all of them together that for me was fulfilling. – less
Positive and progressive work place.
Team Member (Current Employee), Arlington, VAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: samples, benefits
Cons: repetitive
A normal day involves interacting with customers on a regular basis and working as apart of a team. I learned how to communicate effectively and manage time better. All of my co-workers are positive individuals and excited about their work and the management is very reasonable and understanding. The hardest part about this job is learning all the company – more... products. The most enjoyable part of the job is the environment, it's very positive. – less
Great work atmosphere,meet alot of celebrities
Customer Service (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 24, 2014
Pros: great company, core values, pay
Cons: short breaks, no healthcare unless was full time
I love being at front end answering customers complaints,answer phone inquires
Cooperative, understanding, and lenient company with an overall professional backbone
Grocery Store Team Memeber (Former Employee), Wheaton, ILMarch 22, 2014
Pros: two breaks, one lunch, good employees, good communication
Cons: write ups seemed constant on little matters that led to drastic changes with who worked there
Whole Foods was a very good company to work for. They offered many benefits and gain sharing. Moving up seemed very plausible in regards to the positions you were attempting to achieve. The management was pretty stable.
high pace high reward
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Cheshire, CTMarch 22, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: high stress level when dealing with organic products
excellent company to work for. very high on employee happiness and wellness

About Whole Foods Market

Whole Foods Market owns and operates a chain of natural and organic foods supermarket. As of September 30, 2008, the Company operated – Read more

Whole Foods Market Photos