Whole Foods Market

Whole Foods Market Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Cool Culture
Supervisor (Current Employee), Austin TxOctober 17, 2014
Slow moving internally. A real hurry up and wait company..Very political, little to zero training programs. Can not learn on your own. Lot of stress little help.
Great to a Burger King Foodie!
Team Member/Team Leader (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 17, 2014
Pros: weekly pay, advancement opportunities
Cons: somewhat stressful atmosphere, long hours at times
Great company to grow within. you can advance quickly with the right attitude and commitment level.
great co-workers,great food,fast promotion
Dishwasher, receiver, buyer (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: 20% discount, free food, nice co-workers, good paid vacation
Cons: management, schedule, pay, short 10 min breaks
I started out working in the dishroom and I worked my tail off and was eventually promoted. I ended up becoming a receiver so I was doing lots of loading and unloading of produce,meat,etc pretty physically demanding work.I got a raise but the pay didn't seem to match the work I was doing, so I steadily lost motivation over time even though I still kept – more... a good attitude and put in effort.I was constantly given more jobs to do and more expectations.Then I was given another promotion where I was doing ordering as well as doing the receiving,but again the pay just didn't match the work I was doing especially considering I never got weekends off for the most part and had to be at work between 430 and 5am. The management didn't help either,,,Just an example I got called into a meeting by three team leaders where I felt like they were trying to intimdate me, I was givin a long list of what I was doing wrong,To me that was just a horrible strategy to get your employee's to perform at a higher level. They didn't know how to treat there employees at all. – less
love going to work
Cashier-Barista (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 15, 2014
I learned so much , from this company .They treat the works very well
productive and fun workplace with a lot of perks.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Willowbrook, ILOctober 15, 2014
Pros: gift certificates, promotions, quick raises and reviews.
I loved the job. extra bonuses were provided on a monthly basis. Co workers were nice and hard working as well.
Great Place to Work!
Human Resource Specialist, River Street (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: casual attire and flexible hours
A Company that's culture is unique and fun to work at! Everyday is something different in my position which is something I have really enjoyed.
great place to work with chance for advancement
Meat Clerk (Former Employee), West Hartford, CTOctober 14, 2014
Pros: being able to sample anything in the store, great benefits package
Cons: no union
Whole Foods Market is one of the best companies to work for in the grocery retail industry. There are great chances to grow within the company.
Fun place to work.
Cashier/ Customer Service (Current Employee), greenville scOctober 12, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: not enough money.
Great place to work.. Wish to make more money.. get higher up
its up to you
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 12, 2014
Pros: holiday time is the perfect to earn more money
Cons: everything lol
very high stress level job , at any time you can get fired , management act very funny
It is a great company with passionate people and worthtwile goals
Produce Associate Team Leader (Current Employee), Santa Rosa, CAOctober 10, 2014
It was a great place to work. I worked mornings in the produce department. I had initially applied to Whole Foods in hope of working the in the grocery department and a little let down when I was hired in produce. I could not have been more wrong. I met some of the best people I know in the various produce departments at the four stores I worked at.
good place to learn
Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee), kahului, hiOctober 10, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: na
This is the place the started it all. Where i found my passion for cooking. I started off as a dishwasher then worked my way through an atl. Ive learned the different concepts of asian cuisine. Enjoyed working with the people here.
Productive, freshing atmosphere, quick advancement
Cashier/ Customer service (Current Employee), West orange, njOctober 9, 2014
Pros: co workers, benefits, environment
Cons: short breaks, management, no sick days
Very structured, friendly, fair work place.Co workers are great and has quick opportunity for advancement. Management can be a hassle, "too many chiefs and not enough indians" , people with seniority act like supervisors and can cause for unfair treatment.
Great company to work for, but no job security for managers
Produce Department Team Leader (Former Employee), Whole Foods MarketOctober 9, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: don't move into management
An average day for a manager could be anywhere from 8-16 hours. No overtime is allowed, and you have to make labor for your department every week. The benefits and pay are wonderful, but once you move into management the amount of pay does not make up for the levels of stress and lack of work-home balance that you have to endure. The team members are – more... wonderful and the culture below the level of management is nice. – less
Great job.
Supervisor Rohan Marshall (Former Employee), Chevy Chase, MDOctober 8, 2014
I loved working for whole foods, still a part-time employee
Not too Fond
Dishwasher/Prep Foods Service (Former Employee), Charlestwon, MAOctober 8, 2014
Wasn't the best place to work. Management always seemed to have more of an input on the day to day things than actual workers on the floor.
In Depth
Meat and Seafood Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FlOctober 8, 2014
Supervise all in-house aspects of the restaurant, from cleanliness to food safety. Perform day to day operations
including ordering and inventory control. Daily meetings held and team building activities.
 Manage restaurant operations in terms of staffing and scheduling functions.
 Interview, hire and train personnel to work in a high volume restaurant – more... environment.
 Ensured smooth coordination between the back-end and front-end activities while averaging 600-800 covers. – less
Hard to Advance
Front End Customer Service (Current Employee), PAOctober 8, 2014
Hard to move up if you're not one of the favorites. The people that work the hardest, get paid the least.
Bad Scheduling
Team Member (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: bad management
Management did not work with my school schedule even though at hire they said they would.
Active position with great co-workers
Payroll and Benefits Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 7, 2014
A typical shift begins with running payroll for the entire store, and will encompass a variety of tasks depending on the day. I will run a variety of human resources reports for teams and leadership, and discuss benefits options with Team Members. I will also consult with team, store, and regional leadership on concerns of the store including leading – more... investigations. Conversations throughout the day vary from discussing the health of the store and the status of new hires to serious matters within the store. I also post jobs and process new hires. Every day brings a different set of deadlines, which has helped me develop a greater sense of prioritization and time management.

I enjoy interacting with the Team Members and having a varied work day ( as well as learning new skills and processes), but can feel unsupported in the role. – less
Fun and Educational Workplace
Demo Specialist (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: discount!
Cons: high deductible health care and varying work shifts
It is fast-paced and physically intensive, the hours vary and you must be available for weekends and holidays. You will learn a lot about the food industry and about products available to consumers. Co-workers are awesome. The hardest part about the job is the schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job is the discount.

About Whole Foods Market

Whole Foods Market owns and operates a chain of natural and organic foods supermarket. As of September 30, 2008, the Company operated – Read more

Whole Foods Market Photos