Whole Foods Market Employee Review

View all Whole Foods Market reviews

Great work environment, company treats employees well with respect, and generous perks which include 20% discount and good pay.
Grocery Team Member (Current Employee) –  Los Altos22 August 2013
I get in to work for the closing shift ten minutes early to clock in at 3:00 pm. We assemble in the main hallway for pep-talk, the days goals and news before we head out to the sales floor. From 3:00 pm until 5:00 pm I will typically be stocking and facing the shelves before I take break. Afterwords I maintain the shelves until my lunch break around 7:00 pm. After lunch I continue to help customers as much as I can, maintain shelves, help team members, and check merchandise stands for facing. After the day is done we all go to the back and clean out our maintenance carts and clock out.

One of the biggest aspects of the job that I learned was expanding on my time management skills and customer service skills, which are both exercised on daily basis.

Management is fine, in my opinion, although I was told that the Los Altos store could use a complete makeover, specifically coming from team members who have been with the company and have been working at different stores for years.

Co-workers are great, big happy family.

The hardest part of the job is the fact that it is a grind for nearly 8 hours, facing, and helping customers staying on even turf the entire day can be difficult, but manageable.

Even though we work hard we still have fun. The store is nice environment to work in.
Pros
20% discount card, great store atmosphere, good people, great values
Cons
Food is expensive

Other Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews

Good
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Park Royal, BC9 December 2017
Good benefits and nice atmosphere.
Lot of things to learn and fair team leader.
I enjoy interacting with customers.
My day mostly goes with doing stuff for the station and talking to the customers, really good i wasn't stuck in just one place.
Not bad
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON7 December 2017
Pretty solid job, worked there for 4 months, good pay, long hours, was given different tasks which is good because i like to do different things over a long period of time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whole Foods Market. Our community is ready to answer.