Whole Foods Market Employee Review

View all Whole Foods Market reviews

Great work environment, company treats employees well with respect, and generous perks which include 20% discount and good pay.
Grocery Team Member (Current Employee) –  Los Altos22 August 2013
I get in to work for the closing shift ten minutes early to clock in at 3:00 pm. We assemble in the main hallway for pep-talk, the days goals and news before we head out to the sales floor. From 3:00 pm until 5:00 pm I will typically be stocking and facing the shelves before I take break. Afterwords I maintain the shelves until my lunch break around 7:00 pm. After lunch I continue to help customers as much as I can, maintain shelves, help team members, and check merchandise stands for facing. After the day is done we all go to the back and clean out our maintenance carts and clock out.

One of the biggest aspects of the job that I learned was expanding on my time management skills and customer service skills, which are both exercised on daily basis.

Management is fine, in my opinion, although I was told that the Los Altos store could use a complete makeover, specifically coming from team members who have been with the company and have been working at different stores for years.

Co-workers are great, big happy family.

The hardest part of the job is the fact that it is a grind for nearly 8 hours, facing, and helping customers staying on even turf the entire day can be difficult, but manageable.

Even though we work hard we still have fun. The store is nice environment to work in.
Pros
20% discount card, great store atmosphere, good people, great values
Cons
Food is expensive

Other Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews

good place to work, good people, good management
Stores Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON3 February 2018
I appreciate the opportunity to have worked at Whole Foods. I learned a lot. Management was fair. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. Thank you
Friendly fast paced environment, a little too tight knit
Customer Service TM (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2018
For the most part this is a very fun environment great for people of all ages. The benefits are great and you have the opportunity to learn a lot about health and nutrition.
There is a lot of internal hiring which is great, but team leaders often have personal relationships with staff so there is a lot of favoritism that happens. Store leadership does not take enough strides to make sure department heads are doing a good job. Its hard to go to HR because they too are friends with the same department heads you want to complain about.

Bad customers are regularly rewarded for abusing staff

Perfect part time job for student, and full timers get benefits.
Pros
Benefits, very friendly
Cons
A lot of standing, rude customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whole Foods Market. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K